To Fix Broken Wings (part 5 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Back to Part 4 Untitled Document

After about an hour of awkward silence, the two girls had finally reached their destination: a small apartment building positioned next to a local gym. There was all kinds of graffiti written on it and a old hobo covered in rags was sitting by the door, a sullen look on his face.

"Well, here we are!" Dawn exclaimed happily, somewhat oblivious to the fact that she was living in a run-down old building most likely filled with dirty perverts. "This...is where you live?" Zoey asked. Dawn nodded and replied, "It's where I'm living for now, to be exact..."

Once Dawn parked her car, they climbed out and Zoey said, "I just don't understand how you could be living here! I mean, what about the money from all those contests? Didn't you-" Zoey stopped when she noticed that Dawn was shaking and there were tears in her eyes.

"I used all the money...to pay for my mother's operations...and her funeral..." Dawn replied sadly. Although Zoey wanted to drop it the subject to avoid any further tears, Dawn continued to speak about it.

"After our last contest together, my mother...my mother began to grow ill. I wasn't sure if I truly understood it at that time, or if I just didn't want to believe it. But deep down, I knew...I knew she was dying. My mother always believed in me and loved me...even when I when I just stood there and cried for what felt like hours."

"W-When she finally passed on...I was numb. Numb to everything. She was my only known family and now she's gone. I don't know what to do anymore..." As the blue-haired girl broke down crying, Zoey cursed herself for bringing up the subject in the first place.

Without warning, Dawn walked forward and pulled Zoey into a hug. Zoey's entire face grew hot as Dawn cried into her chest. Trying to calm the girl down, Zoey ran her fingers through Dawn's hair and told her that everything was gonna be okay.

Suddenly, a man's voice said, "Heh, it looks like you two are getting along together..." Zoey looked up and the color drained from her face when she realized that it was Ash Ketchum. Dawn broke off from Zoey and nervously cried, "A-Ash! W-What are you doing h-home so early?"

Even though Zoey was a lesbian, she had to admit Ash looked kind of hot. Not only had he grown taller and more well-built over the years, but he had ditched his usual cap and even let his hair grow a bit. He still had the same old smile, though. His Pikachu was sitting on his shoulder, its usual place.

"I decided to leave work early today so I can see Zoey. She did just come out of the hospital and all..." he replied. He walked over to Zoey and shook her hand. He smiled and said, "It's good that you weren't badly injured." Zoey blushed a bit and nodded.

Dawn noticed how Ash was staring at Zoey and she mumbled something under her breath. Deciding to speed things up, she said, "How about we all go inside now? It would be better to talk in there..." Ash agreed and lead Zoey upstairs, leaving Dawn to catch up. 

Onwards to Part 6


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction