To Fix Broken Wings (part 4 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Back to Part 3 Untitled Document

"Excuse me? Ma'am, please wake up..."

Zoey slowly opened her eyes and saw the doctor standing over her. "Ugh...what is it now?" Zoey groaned, her eyelids still heavy. The doctor smiled and exclaimed, "Sorry to have awoke you, but I am happy to inform you that you are healed enough to leave the hospital!"

Zoey sat up in bed and asked, "R-Really? But...my injuries..." "Besides losing some blood and suffering a small head injury, you're pretty fine..." replied the doctor. Zoey nodded in response. Suddenly, she realized she had nowhere to go.

"Where will I go..." she muttered to herself. Suddenly, a voice shouted, "SHE CAN LIVE WITH ME IF SHE WANTS!" To Zoey's surprise, it was Dawn who had suggested it. Dawn walked up to Zoey's bed and said, "I'm sure she'll like it there. She doesn't really have anyone else to go to, after all..."

Zoey couldn't keep herself from blushing as Dawn gave her a quick smile. The doctor nodded over the idea and exclaimed, "Understood! I'll send someone up with a wheelchair right away!" Once the doctor left the room, Zoey noticed that Dawn had this creepy big grin on her face.

"Uh...what's up with you?"

"Oh, sorry! I'm just so happy that we'll be roommates!"

'Yeah...roommates...with that damn bastard Ash...' Zoey thought coldly. She didn't truly hate Ash, but Zoey didn't like the idea of having to compete for Dawn's love. It was hard enough for her as it is. "Why does it have to be so hard?" Zoey muttered. Dawn gave her friend a curious look and asked, "What did you say?" Zoey quickly waved it off and exclaimed, "IT WAS NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!" 

After finally checking out, Dawn led Zoey to her car. As the two girls walked into the parkway, the doctor from before looked out at them from a window. A nurse walked up to him and asked, "Doctor...why didn't you mention that girl's cuts on her arms? They were clearly visible..."

The doctor sighed and replied, "I noticed them. It's just that the girl is going through some emotional problems, and I only know how to heal the body, not the soul..."

The nurse nodded a bit and said, "Do you...think she'll be okay?"

The doctor turned away from the window and began walking down the hall to his next patient. "I believe...that Miss Dawn may be her salvation..." 

Once Dawn was on the main highway, Zoey said, "U-Uh...thanks alot for saving me, Dawn. I...I might have died if it wasn't for you..." Dawn smiled and replied, "It's no problem! I just couldn't believe that we'd end up meeting each other again in such a terrible situation. At least you're okay..."

Zoey smiled and looked out the window to hide her embarrassment. Dawn giggled and exclaimed, "You know, Zoey, you're kind of cute when you smile! You should do it more often!"

Zoey's face became even more flushed from this.

'DAMN IT! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO SAY THAT?' 

Onwards to Part 5


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction