To Fix Broken Wings (part 15 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Back to Part 14 Untitled Document

Dawn let out a gasp when she heard the gunshots ring out from within the house. She tried to see what was happening through any of the windows, but not a single soul was visible. Cursing under her breath, she ran back to the front of the door and banged helplessly against it several times. No one answered.

Looking around, Dawn spotted a shovel up against the house. Picking it up, she aimed directly for a window and swung. She closed her eyes as she did this.

'Oh crap! Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap! Please don't let me be too late! Please don't let me be too late!' The glass shattered, and Dawn carefully made her way inside. Even though some of the glass shards cut into her skin, she just ignored the pain.

As soon as she got into the living room of the house, Dawn called out, "Zoey...Zoey...are you here? Please...answer me! I...I want to help you!" Suddenly, she heard a click, and Dawn's eyes slowly moved to the direction of the sound. Her body began to shake and tears started to form in her eyes when she realized a gun was being aimed directly at her...by Zoey.

Zoey was shaking as well, and tears were pouring down her pale face as well. Behind her, within the doorway to the kitchen, the redhead's parents were peeking in and watching the scene in fear. Although a gun was aimed at her head, Dawn let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness," she said as her own tears started to leak out, "I was so afraid you killed them, Zoey. There's no way you could be a murderer..." Zoey, however, seemed to have been pissed off even further by Dawn's comments.

Her grip on the pistol became tighter as she snarled, "...Shut up...I was going to kill them before you came here! Please, Dawn...just leave and let me do what I have to do! Those two CREATURES behind me...they aren't human! I'm their daughter and they abandoned me! They don't even deserve to live! Why...why can' t you understand how I feel?"

Dawn knew that Zoey was close to completely losing it...so she couldn't afford to make any mistakes. Slowly and subtly taking one step forward, Dawn tried her best to calm Zoey down.

"Zoey, please..." she begged, "Don't do this. You don't really want to kill them...I know you don't. Please, put the gun down and come back to the apartment. You can live with me and Ash from now on, if you want. I'm serious, Zoey...take a deep breath and drop the gun. I'll make sure you get help...I won't let you slip through the cracks...you can trust me..."

Zoey's body shook violently for a moment, but she didn't pull the trigger. As Dawn came closer, the blue-haired girl started to see the look of pure anguish that was spread across Zoey's tear-stained face. 'Oh god...this poor young woman...the woman I loved...she's in such emotional pain...' Dawn thought in despair.

Suddenly, Zoey let out a small pained chuckle. "You're not going to let me slip through the cracks?" she asked, "Is that what you said, Dawn? How ironic...it's because of you that this is happening! For so long...for so long...ever since we first met...I've..." Whether it was her weakening mentality or the fact she just couldn't take it anymore, Zoey knew it was time to finally open up about her feelings.

Taking a deep breath, Zoey said, "Ever since we first met as kids...I've...I've been completely and utterly in love with you. Even now...all I want is for you to be with me forever..."

Dawn wanted to cry out and hug Zoey with all her might, but she couldn't do anything to possibly trigger a reaction from the disgruntled redhead. For now, all she had to do was continue to slowly make her way towards Zoey as she continued to talk.

"I had always wished I was brave enough to tell you," Zoey continued, "I would always dream about you...I couldn't get you out of my head. Your beautiful face...your body...your naive yet sweet personality...I loved it all. Please...please don't think of me as a perverted stalker, though. I'm not...I...I just want to love you..."

At this point, Dawn felt that it was safe enough for her to touch Zoey; it didn't look like she was planning on pulling the gun's trigger anymore. "Even when my parents disowned me for loving another woman...even when I started cutting myself...even as my entire life spiraled downhill...I still loved you..." Zoey said with a slight smile.

Finally, when she close enough, Dawn wrapped her arms around Zoey and hugged her tightly. Zoey continued to stare ahead for a while, but then she brought the gun down to her side. Rubbing her face gently under Zoey's chin, Dawn whispered, "Zoey...it'll be okay...I love you...I really do...I love you so much...I want to be with you too..."

Before she could say anymore, Dawn felt Zoey's lips press against hers. 'Mmm...she tastes like caramel and cherries...' Dawn thought happily as she deepened the kiss. The gun in Zoey's hand slipped out of her grip and it fell lifelessly to the floor. As the two girls continued to kiss, their mouths became wet with the salty tears that poured down their faces.

"Dawn...I love you with all my heart..."

"I love you too, Zoey...I love you too..."

'I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...' 

Onwards to Part 16


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction