To Fix Broken Wings (part 16 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Back to Part 15 Untitled Document

Misty continued to glance nervously to the side as she drove back to the apartment; Ash had never seemed so completely downcast before. 'Poor guy...he really blames himself for what happened to May...' Misty thought sadly, wishing she could cheer him up if she hadn't been the one driving. The sun was just starting to rise over the horizon.

Leaning over a bit, Misty said, "Hey, Ash...I-"

Suddenly, Ash's cell phone started to ring. Ash didn't even bother answering it; he just stared out at the foggy black ocean before him, his mind full of thoughts. Finally, after about a minute, Ash decided to answer the call. Flipping it open and holding it up against his ear, he said, "...Hello? This is Ash Ketchum..."

"Ash...? This is Dawn," the voice on the other line replied, "I...I found Zoey. She had a gun...and she was at her parents' house...but she didn't shoot anyone. Everything will be alright...everything will be alright..." Dawn's voice eventually cut off as she broke down into sobs.

Ash closed his phone and let out a deep sigh; the deepest sigh in his entire life.

Closing his eyes as the sun's rays peeked out over them, Ash thought, 'Finally...finally...it's all over...it's all over...' Slowly, tears crawled down the sides of his face. Misty noticed the tears, but she didn't say anything... 

Two days later, Zoey was admitted into a psychiatric hospital. Although her murderous urges had been suppressed by Dawn, the red head wasn't about to take any chances. Thru the entire process, Dawn was always there for Zoey. Now that they were finally together, Zoey had never been happier in her entire life.

Not long after she started going to get help, Zoey received a letter from her parents. It said how deeply sorry and regretful they were for what they did, and that they had left her 1000 in the bank to be spent in any way she pleased. The final line also requested that this be the last time they ever communicate with one another.

Ash and Misty were married and both Dawn and Zoey attended. After the wedding, Ash visited May's grave one more time and prayed that her soul rest in peace. Dawn and Zoey even got to meet Ash's mom and his mysterious father during the joyous event. Of course, even though she was allowed at the wedding, Zoey was still a psychiatric patient and had to be watched carefully.

The day Zoey was finally cleared, though, she and Dawn kissed passionately in public. Several people stopped and pointed, some of them cursing out loud, but neither girl could have cared less. Wrapping their arms around one another, they knew they were finally together...and nothing could ever change that.

A few years later, Dawn and Zoey married and adopted a young girl as their daughter. For the rest of her life, Zoey was happy...

...her broken wings had been repaired by the unbreakable bond of love she and Dawn formed.


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction