Peach Girl: An Untold Tale (part 5 of 19)

a Peach Girl fanfiction by Lina

Back to Part 4 Untitled Document

"You ready to go, Mo?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."

He threw his arm around my waist, and I looked down. I was terribly nervous. Please let everything go okay...

"So..." he said, keeping his eye on me.

"What... kind of music do you like?" I asked. Not exactly a great question to ask, but it popped into my head first.

"I like anything but country and classical. Bleh," he said, pulling me close. "What about you?"

"Same..."

"Really?" I saw his gaze turn to my face with curiousity.

"Yeah," I said, still looking down. By now, we were at the train stop and heading to the beach. . . where I saved Kairi once before. I sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"All right. C'mon, let's go!"

He pulled me onto the train that just pulled up and I nodded. We sat next to each other, and I noticed one thing: everyone was staring at us, making comments like, "Oh, look at the beach bunny. I bet he's only into her for sex," and, "Where'd she get that tan? I bet she tans every single day. Whore." I suddenly felt a bit angered and upset, so I sat back in the train seat to hide my face.

"What's wrong? You're acting different," he asked once more.

"Nothing, all right?"

"Okay..."

Once we made it to the beach, I immediately ran straight for the water. Tamaki ran after me, splashing me. I dunked him under the water, and he popped up and dunked me. It was pretty fun.

I could've gone on like that forever, but I was getting hungry.

"Want to get a bite to eat? We can come back later."

"Okay," I said, smiling. He was a pretty nice guy, if you asked me.

Sae, where on earth have you been?

At the diner, I sat at a near-by table, hiding my face with a menu. "Oh, little Momo has a new boyfriend. Ha ha ha!"

"Momo, what do you want to get?" I heard that guy from the park ask her. Never knew they had a thing for each other.

"Oh... how about chicken teriyaki? Or sushi? Maybe some wasabi?"

"Sure, but that's a lot to eat. Wanna' share?" he asked her. Does she always get the good guys?

"Okay."

I listened intently for a while, eavesdropping on their conversation. I was whispering comments to myself, and I didn't even notice everyone giving me the eye. I ignored them, still making comments and such. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a tapping on my shoulder. "WHAT?!"

"Oh.. oh, ma'am, ready to order?"

"I'm NOT ordering ANYTHING here if those BASTARDS don't stop STARING at me!"

I smirked some, expecting them to shut every one of those bastards' eyelids, but instead, they kicked me out. What the hell? I decided Momo and that guy would leave sometime soon, so I waited near-by for them to leave.

After about thirty minutes, which took long enough, they FINALLY came out.

I followed them back to the beach, giving them ten minutes to cool down and get into the pool.

Section: Peach Girl

"Ah-ha-ha! This is so fun!" I splashed him and ran along the shore from him as he chased me to splash me back. "Can't catch me!" I dived into the water, and he followed after me. I kept swimming and swimming until I found myself back at shore. I ran around until he finally grabbed me from behind.

"Ha! Gotcha!" he laughed some. "Now what?!"

I giggled as he held me and smiled.

"Momo, dear!!" Suddenly, I heard my name called out, and out of nowhere, a Sae popped up.

"Ack?! What are you doing here!?"

"What do you mean? Remember, you told me to meet you here!"

"I never said anything!" I cried out. What the heck was she thinking?! Trying to ruin my date?!

"Momo, if you invited her, it's okay... Maybe you forgot?" Tamaki asked me.

"No! I haven't talked to her since I got hit by a truck, 2 months ago!"

"Momo, you liar!"

"Hey, hey, no accusing Momo! Who are you anyway?!" Tamaki questioned her.

"I'm Momo's best friend."

"Hardly!" I yelled out. "You're trying to ruin my date! What're you going to do, spread news about me sleeping with him at school, or something?!"

"I would never do that!"

"Now who's the liar?!"

"CALM DOWN!!!" Tamaki yelled out.

Both Sae and I silenced.

"What the HELL is going on, Momo?"

"You wouldn't understand..."

"Try me."

"Don't lie, Momo, you harrassed me during my whole school year. Why are you lying all the time? Why do you always do this?!" I rolled my eyes as Sae started her fake crying.

"You're the one who's lying."

Tamaki smacked his forehead, "Would you both shut up! God, I don't know your guys' deal, but this is MOMO and I's date. It isn't your part to butt in, chick!"

Sae smirked, nodding quietly. She walked past me to leave and whispered, "You'll regret this, Momo."

I sank to my knees. Last year was hell for me. I couldn't do it again. No, I couldn't.

"You all right, Momo?"

Without responding, I thought about how school was in a week. Damn it... Why?

"Momo?"

I didn't hear him at all. I was in thought. I wanted to cry, thinking about everything that happened.

"Momo!!" he shook me.

I snapped out of my thoughts once more, and stared up at him. "...What?"

"What's wrong?"

"Sit down... I'll explain it to you," I said, taking a seat.

After several hours of going over everything that happened in the past, I silenced myself.

"Wow... That's... horrible."

I nodded, still silent.

"Now I know why you hate her," he said, staring at me.

"Yeah... but stupidly, I always come to her rescue."

"You're a good person, whether you hate the person or not." He smiled.

"Thank you..."

He grabbed my chin, and pressed his lips to mine. In shock, my face faded from a sun-tanned orange to a pale white.

"I'll never let you hurt again. I promise."

I blushed gently, holding back tears. He's so good to me...

I realized it was past eight. I'm never supposed to be out this late. "Listen... I'm not supposed to be out this late. I had a nice time with you. But I need to get home..."

"Want me to take you home? You shouldn't ride the train this late by yourself."

"It's okay, I'll take myself home..." I stared down.

He raised my chin. "No, you won't. I'm taking you home." He pulled me to the nearest train stop and we boarded it.

After a silent ride home, he walked me to my house.

"Thank you for taking me home..."

"It's okay. No need to thank me." He smiled.

"Okay..."

"I really like you, Momo. I'd like to do this again." He pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to me. "That's my number. Call me whenever you need me, okay?"

"All right... Thank you," I paused, slipping the paper into my pocket. "I really like you, too."

He grinned. "Good night."

" 'Night."

I walked into my home, and surprisingly, my mom didn't sweat me on where I had been all day. I went up to my room. "Good night, mom."

"Good night!"

I brushed my teeth and undressed, getting into the bathtub. After a good hour of washing and relaxing, I got out and got into my pajamas. If anyone deserved a good night sleep, it was me. I lay down, and soon fell into a relaxing, deep sleep.

Onwards to Part 6


Back to Peach Girl: An Untold Tale Index - Back to Peach Girl Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction