Peach Girl: An Untold Tale (part 4 of 19)

a Peach Girl fanfiction by Lina

Back to Part 3 Untitled Document

"Really? You'll go with me?"

"Yeah... I'll go."

Later that day...

"Mom! Mom! I need some money!" I called out to my mom.

"For what?"

"Well.. um.. remember that guy from earlier?" I asked nervously.

"Yes. What about him?"

"Well... he asked me out on a date..."

"Is that so?" She looked at me. Then a smile spread across her face. "Great! Maybe you'll feel better. Where are you going?"

"... The beach." I looked down. "I only have my school bathing suit and... well... I want to make impressions. Good impressions."

"I understand. And I guess your job doesn't pay well enough for you to buy the stuff that'll make you look good, huh?"

"It doesn't... I'm sorry, mom. Forget it." I sighed gently.

"No! No! It's not a problem. I understand. The job you got is just a clerk at a drug store. It doesn't pay that well, I take it. Here." She reached out her hand to reveal 10,000 yen bill.

My eyes lit up. "Not that much! I can't take--"

"Take it," she ordered me.

"... All right." I took it from her and walked out the door. "Thanks, mom!" I pulled out my cell phone. "Who could I call?" I sighed. I decided to go by myself; Sae wasn't the best for advice.

I stepped onto the local bus and took a seat in the mid-section. Riding by yourself isn't terribly safe, but I didn't think anything bad would happen.

Suddenly, I was snapped out of my thoughts by a high-pitched, happy-sounding voice. "Is this seat taken?"

"Oh, well, no. It's not."

" 'Kay! Thanks! There weren't any others that weren't taken," she took a seat, "so I thought I could sit here. My name's Haruhi, but you can call me Haru. What's yours?"

"Oh.. I'm Momo."

"Well, hiyah, Momo! Nice to meet you!"

I looked down. She seemed nice, but after all the drama with Sae, I wondered if she was as nice as she seemed... "It's nice to meet you too."

"So what're you doing on here all alone?"

"Well, my friend was busy, so I was going to the mall to buy a bathing suit," I told her calmly.

"Mind if I tag along? I was heading home but I don't mind shopping! Tee-hee!"

"Sure."

What happened to Kairi?

Sigh... "She never came. I wonder why..."

I looked down at my watch. I waited nearly 8 hours for her. I felt kind of desperate and a little idiotic for waiting so long.

My phone started vibrating. I never felt it, though. Doo-doo-doo, do do do, do do, do do.

I heard my ringtone go off. I opened my phone and pressed it to my ear. "Hello?"

"It's me, Ryo."

"Yeah? What do you want?" I suddenly felt mad. I wonder why he decided to call.

"Heh. Misao didn't show, huh?" I heard his smile through the phone.

"What did you do?! Huh?! What?!"

"Oh, don't worry... Just got her pregnant, is all. You're an uncle now, little bro'."

"You little bastard... Why did you do it?!"

"It was all in a day's work. Don't worry. You can forget about having her. Go back to Momo."

Beep beep beep.

He hung up.

I tried to call back, but each time, I got the answering machine. I did the same for Misao, but she never answered, either. Why?

"Damn it... why? Why does he do it? Why to me?" My head hung low and into my hands as I slowly started to cry.

And Momo was doing?

"Momo! You look awesome in that! But I know you can do better."

"Really? All right!" I laughed. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I finally found a friend...

I saw Haru-chan pull out a pink and blue two-piece bathing suit, including a tight-at-the-side wrap. "You'd look grrreat in this!"

"You think? Okay, I'll try it on!"

After about ten minutes, I walked out the dressing room. "How does it look?"

"It's perfect! Momo, you look hot!"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah!" she smiled. "Who are you trying to look so hot for, anyway?"

"His name is Tamaki... Tamaki Kioku."

"Whoa, sounds hot. How old is he?"

"Nineteen." I bit my lip.

"I bet he's hot! He has to be!"

"He is." I giggled.

"Hey, Momo. Give me your cell phone number. Let's keep in touch. Maybe we can hang out again. You're way cool."

"Thank you." I wrote down on a piece of paper my number. "Yours?"

She grabbed the paper and giggled, pulling out a paper to do the same. "Here."

"I'll see you around! Thanks for the help!" I ran off, waving behind me.

"See ya', Momo!"

When I made it home, I felt so happy. I felt good. Better than ever.

"How'd it go, Mo?"

"Good, mom. I made a new friend too..." I broke off, pulling out my bathing suit and sandals I just bought, "and this is what I bought, and what she helped pick out."

"It's killer cute!"

"Thanks, mom. For the money."

"You're welcome."

Friday...

The doorbell rang. I bit my lip nervously, and opened the door. What stood before me was a hansome, rather hot guy in green and black trunks.

"You ready to go, Mo?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."

Onwards to Part 5


Back to Peach Girl: An Untold Tale Index - Back to Peach Girl Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction