Peach Girl: An Untold Tale (part 3 of 19)

a Peach Girl fanfiction by Lina

Back to Part 2 Untitled Document

"Because, Momo, I love you."

"Y-you what?! What about Sae?! No... You're lying!" I panicked. I turned away, tempted to run.

He sighed slightly. "I'm not lying... Momo... I'm sorry..."

"Explain to me why you dumped me for Sae!"

He turned me around and I fought back a little, but gave up soon. "Look, Momo. Sae's... nothing to me."

"Is this what you do? Toy with people's hearts? Make them love you? And then leave them? Is it what you're doing to Sae, too?"

"No, damn it!"

"You're lying," I told him.

Suddenly, he pulled me into his arms, reaching to kiss me. "I'm not..."

I slapped him across the face, stunning him, as I looked shocked slightly at my own actions. I, then, started to run away towards the city, since I was closer to it.

"Momo! Wait!" he yelled after me, holding his cheek. "I do love you! I'm sorry!"

I screamed back at him, "You're lying! It's all you ever do! Leave me alone! Stop mixing my feelings up!"

Suddenly, I crashed into somebody. That guy... the one that saved me earlier.

"Momo! Wait up! Please?!"

He finally caught up with me, as I quietly clung to the guy I crashed into. I whispered to him, "Please... make him stop... please..." I started to cry a little.

"Dude. I don't know your relationship to this girl, but she wants you to leave her alone."

"I LOVE her! How can I leave her alone?!" Touji screamed.

"If you love her so much, let her go."

"No!" he screamed again.

"Touji... I'm so sorry... but I love this guy!" I yelled to him, then grabbed his face and pressed my lips to his quickly, then pulled away. "Will that convince you to go away? Will it?!"

"No... you can't love him... Momo! You can't!" he yelled. He then grabbed my arm, and I felt a force of pulling... All of a sudden, Touji was on the ground, the guy was looking at him fiercely, and I was in the middle of this.

"W-what just happened...?"

"Your boyfriend just karate-kicked me. And you... you're..." Touji broke off in tears and ran.

I felt a heart-ache coming on. I felt so horrible. So bad for what I did.

"Are you okay? And what did you mean when you said you loved me?" the guy asked, his eyebrows raised confusedly.

"I'm... okay... just... hold me... okay?"

He held me and looked up, stroking my head.

What was Sae up to?

Ha-ha! Momo's got a little boyfriend. Now I have even more trash to throw out... around the school!

"I-I'm sorry for troubling you..." I heard Momo say. Don't play innocent.

"It's fine. You never troubled me. By the way, what's your name, anyway? Momo, right?" this hot guy said. Hm. I might just have to take him, too!

"Yes... what about... yours?" Momo asked, still choking a little. Wimp.

"Tamaki Kioku. All right, run along now. If you have any trouble..." he slipped a card into her hand, "feel free to call my cell phone."

"O-okay." How the hell can she get guys to like her so easily?! Ugh!

I saw Momo walk off towards her home, and I decided to pop up.

"Hi, Momo!" I said to her, appearing behind her and grabbing her shoulders.

"Ah! SAE! What the hell?!"

"Oh, Momo, I forgot about your leg. I'm so sorry." I think I lie pretty well.

"It's fine..." I saw her limp off. I have better things to do than to baby-sit her. So, I waved and walked off.

"Bye, Momo!"

"Bye, Sae." she said.

Kairi!

I sighed gently and looked around. I kicked a rock for ten minutes. I guess she wasn't coming. Who, you ask? Misao. I didn't want to break Momo's heart, but... I loved Misao. I still do. And I wanted her to meet me today, but she's 57 minutes late. I think I'll still wait, though...

Nothing interesting, back to Momo!

I groaned and turned on my radio. They had an American station, and I was always curious of what they played, so I turned it to it.

"All right! Konnichiwa everyone, here's Amanda Perez's Angel!" I heard the radio's deejay say.

The track started off slowly. It was so much different than the music I listen to. Then words came on. It went something like this...

"It's been five months since you went away

Left without a word and nothing to say nothing to say

When I was the one who gave you my heart and soul

But it wasn't good enough for you, no

So I ask God

God send me an angel

From the heavens above

Send me an angel to heal my broken heart

From being in love..."

After that, the lyrics started to dig into my heart and I turned it off. The lyrics stayed stuck in my head as I heard the phone ring. I answered it, startled.

"Hey, Momo. It's me. Your old classmate. Do you remember me?"

"Oh! Hi! How are you?" I asked. I actually wasn't sure who it was, but...

"Oh, I'm fine. Listen, Momo, I need your help."

"What? Um, with what?" I asked.

"Touji won't stop bothering me. He keeps telling me to talk to you about how much he loves you."

Suddenly, I found myself squeezing plastic in the phone. "I'm so sorry. I think we're breaking up..." I hung up, and sighed. I didn't want to break her off, but I felt I had to. I turned the phone off and put on headphones, listening to music as I chilled on my bed. I soon drifted off into sleep...

"Momo? Momo? Hello?"

"Huh? What's going on?" I leaned up, rubbing my eyes. My vision was blurred because I had just woke up.

"Someone came to see you. I think his name was Tamaki..."

"Okay. Mom, let him in. I don't feel up to getting out of bed..."

"Okay, hun," my mom said, walking out of the room.

A few minutes later, Tamaki walked into the room, waving to me, and sat down by my desk.

"Hi... so, uh, how did you know where I live?"

"You move around a lot, and it's easy to catch you making your way home. You stand out."

I nodded and blushed, looking away. "Oh."

"Of course, your crutches make it even easier to spot you. Not to mention your unique looks..."

"... Thank you, I think," I told him.

"No problem."

"So, what's up?" I asked him.

"Just working a lot. What about you?"

"Schooling. And surviving a lot of drama." I told him.

"Drama? What happened?" he asked me.

"I don't like talking about it..."

"Oh. Okay. What about your leg? What happened?" he asked.

"Well, I got hit by a car. Heh-heh. I guess I should pay more attention, huh?"

"Oh... That sucks. Be careful," he warned me.

"So, how old are you, anyway?"

"Nineteen."

"Oh. I'm seventeen," I told him.

"Sweet."

I smiled and nodded. "What do you do... for a living?"

"I work at a flower shop," he said, averting his eyes.

I nodded. "Wow! You must be the sensitive type." I laughed.

"Maybe."

"Whoa, whoa, I was just kidding, okay?"

"So, Momo, what are you doing this Friday?" he asked.

"Nothing much. Um, just doing what I've been doing, I guess."

"Would you mind... going to the beach with me?" he asked another question.

"Oh, uh, well..."

"Well?" he questioned me.

"I guess I could go."

Onwards to Part 4


Back to Peach Girl: An Untold Tale Index - Back to Peach Girl Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction