Peach Girl: An Untold Tale (part 2 of 19)

a Peach Girl fanfiction by Lina

Back to Part 1 Untitled Document

"Momo, I..." Kairi spoke to me nervously...

"Momo, I can't go out with you anymore," he told me, looking a bit sad. Why...? Why can't you go out with me?!

"What do you mean, Kairi?!" I screamed at him.

"I just... can't, okay?"

"Why can't you, Kairi? I thought you loved me..." I said as I turned away, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I do, Momo, I do..."

I turned to face him, instead of crying, mad. "You can't break my heart and comfort me too!" As I said that, I turned away and ran off. I ran as far as i could without thinking of what I was doing. I ran through streets, probably not paying attention to whether I could legally walk or not.

I stepped into the street, a main one, and I wasn't paying attention. Suddenly, I heard beeps and loud noises. Before I knew it, I had blacked out...

A couple hours later...

Where the hell am I? I looked down, noticing the weird clothing. Hospital clothing.

"Oh, Miss Adachi! You're awake!" a weird, unfamiliar voice told me.

"Yeah.. I am... but... where am I?" I asked, my head hurting as I sat up.

"You got hit by a car."

"I-WHAT?!" I screamed. "Hit by a car?!"

"You don't remember? Honey, you walked into a main street, not even paying attention to what was going on and a large moving truck hit you," the lady told me. I couldn't believe it.

"Oh... I did?"

"...What were you thinking, not paying attention?!" she yelled at me.

"I was thinking..." my voice trailed off. How could I tell a complete stranger about my problem?! I slumped back, remembering what Kairi said to me. "Momo, I can't be with you."

"Speak up.. I can't hear you," the lady said.

"Who are you?"

"Oh, me? I'm nurse Nakatawa," she said with a smile. I knew it... I don't know her!

"Oh."

"At least you're all right. It's a good thing! Your parents were worried sick about you!" she said to me. I made them worry... "So was your friend."

"My friend? Who?" Don't tell me...

"Her name, I believe, is Sae Kashiwagi."

"Sae?!" I gasped.

She walked into the room, holding flowers. "Oh, Momo, what were you thinking? What happened?"

"... Nothing. What are you doing here?"

"I volunteered to take care of you while you're here!" she said, a smile on her face. She's lying.

"Take care of me? I'm perfectly fine," I said.

"Uh, no you're not, Miss Adachi. You have a broken leg," the nurse told me.

"What?! A broken leg?! Does this mean I can't swim?" I asked.

"Exactly, Momo, be careful next time!" Sae told me.

"Okay," I said, in a rather bad mood. Although, I wanted to cry and scream at her, I smiled and kept control. I wonder what little tricks she'll manipulate me with next...

"Momo, you're being released today. Because, if you haven't noticed, you already have your cast on and everything! Go get dressed," Sae told me. I hate it when she acts like I'm stupid.

"Okay, Sae." I got up, using crutches to support me, and tried to find my clothing. I did, later on, find them and got dressed.

"Are you ready, Momo?"

"Yes, Sae. I'm ready," I said, sighing.

"We're going to the park today, okay?"

"Okay."

Later...

We're finally here. My leg has never hurt so bad before! Is this Sae's plan?!

"Are you okay, Momo? You're looking a little pale."

"I'm fine," I told her. What is she trying to say, that it's almost impossible for me to look pale every once in a while? Oh, well.

Suddenly, I felt a hard slap across my butt. What the heck?!

"Hey, babe, what's up?" this hot-shot asked me. He was a blond, blue-eyed male. He was obviously European.

"Why did you do that to me?! Look at me! I'm using crutches!"

"Calm down, Momo, he's hot," Sae whispered to me.

"So?!"

"Listen, chick, You were just putting it out there, and I was just putting it out that I like what I'm seeing."

I blinked a moment, wondering what he was talking about, then I looked at myself and realized that the clothes I was wearing weren't the clothes I had on earlier! "Sae! What the heck is up with these clothes?!"

"Oh, I set them out for you. Remember? Your other clothes were torn up."

"Could this skirt get any shorter?!" I yelled at her. I felt the guy come up behind meand nuzzle my body. I tried to turn around, but my aching leg was preventing me from doing it! "Sae! Get him off of me!"

Before I knew it, the guy was suddenly off of me, Sae and I were on the ground, and I was screaming.

"That'll teach you to mess with innocent women," an unfamiliar voice had said.

The owner of the unfamiliar voice helped us both up. "I'm sorry for knocking you down. But it was all I could do to get you away from that punk before I tore him up."

"Uh, oh, um... Thank you," I said, a bit nervous.

"No problem, beautiful."

"Hey! What the hell is going on?! Damn it, why did you knock me down! Asshole!" I heard Sae going off at him.

I sighed and shook my head. "Sae, let's go."

The guy started walking off, but before leaving, he turned to us and winked. Then, he left. Wait... Why did he wink at us?!

"Momo, you look red now! Do you have the hots for that guy? I bet you do!"

"No..." I sighed. There's no getting through to Sae.

"Let's go."

Later...

On my way home, as I was in the middle of the city, I was deep in thought. A lot had happened today. I was wondering if Kairi was serious about breaking up. After all of this. There's no way... Then, I thought about Touji. How he always protected me. How he loved me sincerely. And how he left me... Why am I so easy to just... leave? Be dumped? I wonder if I'll ever know... I sighed a bit. I got hit by a car today, too. How could that, of all things, happen? It's not fair... I wondered if I deserved this all. Or if I should've died today. Or whether I'd be better off dead or alive. I decided that giving up is something people would want me to do, so I'm better off alive. Then there was that guy, who was feeling up on a girl who came out of the hospital that very day! If I could, I would've sent him to hell! Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Momo!"

"Wh-what the?!" I tried to turn around, but instead the person calling out my name came to face me.

"What happened to you?!"

It was Touji...

"Oh, hi Touji..." I smiled weakly to him, trying to mean the smile.

"What happened, Momo?"

"I... I got hit... by a truck..." I stuttered to him.

"What?! Are you serious?! How!" he was obviously upset at me...

"I don't want to talk about it. I have to go home..."

"Do you need help...?"

"It would be better. But I don't want to burden you. I'll get home by myself," I told him and started walking off.

"It's not a burden! And why are you wearing such a short skirt?"

"Sae." It was one thing I had to say, and I said it.

Suddenly, I felt myself lifted into the air. It scared me, badly! "What.. What are you doing?!"

"I'm carrying you home."

"Why?" I questioned him.

"Because, I..." his voice trailed off.

"Because what?"

"Because, Momo, I love you."

Onwards to Part 3


Back to Peach Girl: An Untold Tale Index - Back to Peach Girl Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction