Peach Girl: An Untold Tale (part 6 of 19)

a Peach Girl fanfiction by Lina

Back to Part 5 Untitled Document

The very next day, right after the date, I received news. Terrible news. I couldn't believe it.

He was moving away.

"Are you serious? Where are you moving to? Why?" I asked. I was talking to him over the phone.

"Yeah, I know. My dad suddenly got redirected to the U.S.," Tamaki told me. His tone was unhappy, as if he regretted it. I only wondered why these things always happened to me...

"Well... will I ever see you again?"

"If he gets redirected back to Japan... yeah, you will. But I don't even know when that will be," he said in a hushed tone.

"What does he do?" I asked. I could at least get an idea from his job.

"He works in the army."

"Oh, I see... Is he going to Iraq?" I started to sort of feel bad for him.

"Probably, but he won't be fighting," he said. But for some reason, it seemed like a pause.

"... Something wrong?"

"Listen, Momo."

".. Yeah?" What could it be?

"I don't think I'll be back for a long time. I'm sorry, okay? Don't... Just keep your head up, alright?"

I was silent.

".. I guess this is goodbye. Sorry, Momo."

Click.

I sighed. It hurted a little, and I didn't want him to go. I buried my face into a pile of pink pillows, screaming into them. No one heard me, and I was glad. But it didn't take the pain away. "You idiot!"

I sighed again. I grabbed a few clothings--just a blue jean skirt paired with a pink tank top--and walked into the bathroom.

Thirty or so minutes later, I walked out again. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs. Walking out the house as I waved to my mother, I began going down the street. I passed the dog that never failed to bark. "I guess I should go shopping, 'cause school is next week." I continued walking until I met the store, the one where Sae had criticised my taste in purses.

I picked up a bag that was on sale. After checking my purse for money, I had went to the clerk. I gave her the money needed to purchase it; I took back what wasn't needed. I smiled to the lady and walked off.

I made my way to a grocery store. Mom had specifically wanted me to pick up some octopus balls and watermelon. I did what was necessary to buy the food and came home.

"Mom, I'm home. I bought your groceries, okay ?They're on the table!"

"Thanks, Mo'," my mother replied.

I made my way back upstairs. Instead of thinking about Tamaki, I found myself thinking about, none-other, Kairi. He was like some computer virus, programmed to always be in my mind.

First Day of School

I looked up at the large school building. I heavily sighed, wondering what Sae would pull. Then, I made my way into the school, removing my outdoor shoes and putting on the indoor slippers. I walked straight to my locker to get ready for class.

Over the P.A. system, an announcement was made. We were going to have an introductory assembly. I was a second year now, so I wouldn't be attending.

Walking to homeroom, I had suddenly tripped. I wasn't sure what had happened, so I looked up.

Who was staring up at me? I was guessing you knew! It was, of course, Sae.

Sae Kashiwagi, the girl who never failed to make my every day's existence at school an earth's chamber of hell!

"Oh, hello, Momo. Sorry. I didn't see you there," she said with a smirk that only I saw. It quickly changed to an innocent look of despair, which would fool every one into thinking she was honestly sorry!

I narrowed my eyes. I stood up and nodded, "No worries, Sae. It's okay."

She proceeded to bow.

I made my way to class. I could only wonder what Sae would do next, because I knew that's not all she had. I was staring out of the window, not paying much attention because I was imagining all the bad things.

How about my desk being thrown out the window? No, Sae was more conniving and way more sneakier than that. If foxes became extinct, she'd be the next best thing. Would she trash my locker or mess with my test scores? I doubted that for some reason, she just seemed like she'd do something that'd hurt me long-term and not something that would only hurt me for a moment. I really didn't know what she'd do.

I felt something bounce off the back of my head. I blinked. Turning around and looking down, I saw a paper ball. I picked it up, and opened it. I read the words to myself.

I told you not to mess with me, Momo. You're going to get it now...

What... was she going to do?!

Onwards to Part 7


Back to Peach Girl: An Untold Tale Index - Back to Peach Girl Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction