Yaya's Voice (part 7 of 13)

a Strawberry Panic fanfiction by Asakust

Back to Part 6 Untitled Document

Italic – for thoughts.

Italic and underline – for Yaya’s written lines.

Bold – for shouting.

Underline – for Yaya’s mouthed lines.

----------

Hikari: Was that a dream?

I sat down for lunch with Yaya-chan, who was still in line after failing to choose what she wanted to eat for the past twenty minutes. I was taking a bite out of my sandwich when I realized that it was Thursday once again… it had been a week since I’ve learned that Yaya-chan had lost her voice. I almost can’t believe it. But waking up and seeing her greet me with a written note each morning… makes me slowly realize that this is not a dream.

Speaking of dreams…

I’ve been having a recurring dream… one with Yaya-chan with me… in her bed… and almost naked… ever since that night where I had spent the night beside her in her bed, all because of a nightmare that I could not remember.

In the dream… I awaken in the middle of the night… or maybe it was morning already. Yaya-chan was facing me, ‘her face looked sad.’ I thought. ‘…but beautiful.’ That was the first time I thought that about Yaya-chan. Well honestly I know she’s beautiful… it’s just that, at that time… it felt different.

Her sleeping face in the darkness was a wondrous template, the way her eyes were closed was beautiful beyond words… the way her lips was pursed was seductively entrancing… the way her dark hair fell on her face and skin was like a shining silk curtains... I stared at her for what seemed like an eternity. But even an eternity can be just a second when it ends.

I don’t know why, but I found myself coming closer to her. Slowly leveling my face with hers… and kissing her lips. It felt so real that I could feel her, smell her and taste her. I found myself withdrawing… thinking, wishing, and believing… that this truly was a dream. I kissed her again and again, but she stayed asleep… just as I wanted. I took my time to enjoy her, I caressed her skin anywhere that wasn’t covered and too hard to reach. She responded in small gasps that sounded in approval of my ministrations.

Pausing or stopping didn’t occur to me. It was a dream, a dream with Yaya-chan. I didn’t know why I was doing what I was doing. Other than… ‘She is beautiful…’

I found myself growing bolder, realizing that I had just slipped my hands under her top and was touching her soft breasts. I even thought; ‘Even in my dreams… Yaya-chan doesn’t wear a bra.’ I dared do something that she seemed to like doing to me whenever we’re taking a shower together...

I touched...

...caressed...

...fondled her breasts... ‘she is so soft…’ and her sleeping breath sounded like music to me. It was enchanting. She was enchanting… so much that I had considered doing this to Yaya-chan… for real.

The dream ended there and I found myself waking in Yaya-chan’s bed the morning I first dreamt it, a fact that I didn’t immediately remember. The sun was shining brightly through our bedroom window. It took me a while to fully wake up. And the first thing I realized was… I was in the wrong bed. The second was Yaya-chan was not on her bed… or mine. Which wasn’t the least bit unusual to me, she has always been a morning person even though people would guess other wise.

It took a while to register to me that I had two pillows. One on my head, and the other was in my arms. It gave off the scent of Yaya-chan’s shampoo and a hint of her own. It was enough to make me recall my dream. I blushed and wondered why I had such a dream, and with Yaya-chan of all people.

Deciding to push the thoughts away from my mind for a while, I sat up and found a note on Yaya-chan’s desk. It folded so that it could stand; a part of it was facing me. It took me a moment before I realized that it was addressed to me. I reached for it and opened it.

Hikari,

I felt like going out and watching the sunrise. In case I’m not back, eat breakfast without me.

-Yaya

P.S.:Good Morning!

Is what it said. I placed the note somewhere and got a look of the clock. I was glad it was Sunday; had it been a week day… waking up this late would be embarrassing. Although I usually don’t worry about that, since Yaya-chan always wakes me up if I take too long… except that week, when she was avoiding me.

I was shaken off from my thoughts when I heard… “Did you remember the hickey on Yaya-san’s neck last Sunday?”

HICKEY!?!’ my mind screamed. I recalled fragments of the dream and found myself listening in to the conversation the girls at the table behind me was having.

“It was pretty small that you could barely see it.” said a girl who sounded familiar.

“You’ve been talking about Yaya-sempai a lot lately Rin.” said another who sounded younger. I realized that the one called Rin was probably one of our classmates, Tousaka-san.

“It’s Sakura who brings her up so much.” retorted Tousaka-san.

I heared another girl gasp and drop her fork. “… I… didn’t mean… too…” she said meekly.

I then heard someone patted someone’s shoulder lightly. “It’s okay, Sakura. I’m quite sure you’re not the only girl who crushing on Nanto-san…”

Eh?!’ I felt a little panicked for some reason. ‘why am I panicking?’ I asked myself… probably because I’m overhearing rumors about my own best friend. Yeah, that’s got to be it…

“…But if you want to get her you better get more aggressive. Before the one that gets to lightly land a hickey on her gets her.” continued Rin.

I wondered who could have… It took a moment, but I realized. It could have been me. No there’s no doubt… It could only have been me. It’s so clear now I had that dream because I was sleeping beside Yaya-chan. And it happened on Sunday… the same day that these girls said that she had a hickey.

“But you know. I saw Yaya-sempai this morning. She had a new one under her chin.”

EEK!!!’ I had slept beside Yaya-chan again last night and had that dream again. I wonder if she had noticed…

I found myself listening to the girl’s conversation more. The little girl, called Ilya mentions that the only reason that Sakura was with them watching Amane-sempai’s riding lately was because Yaya-chan was not present in the saintly chorus. Rin claims that she loves horses… while ‘subtly’ revealing that Ilya has a crush on almost every rider in the horse riding club.

The girls continue talking; but little by little anything they say no longer register in my head. I find myself contemplating on their words, mostly those that had anything to do with Yaya-chan. I found myself thinking about her.

She’s changed… I know that loosing her voice poses a great hindrance to her lifestyle, but she doesn’t seem that much concerned or at least she’s not showing it. She makes it look like that she’s been conversing with a pen and paper since we’ve known her and not many seem to complain about it.

She’s also been acting differently… I know that she can’t tease us as much as she has before, but she hasn’t teased me since… since I found out she had lost her voice. She’s been quiet, doing things that don’t require her voice. Like drawing or reading. Another thing is that she has been returning from school just near curfew.

I’m getting concerned but I haven’t asked her about any of it. I’m not sure if I have to or should ask her about it. I mean it’s not like last time… when she’s been avoiding me. But this feels like she’s also avoiding me… or should I say… … I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s all too confusing.

Just then I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I was so absorbed in my thinking that the simple touched surprised me… causing me to jump away a bit and “YAAAA.” scream…

I was surprised to see Yaya-chan looking at me with one of her eyebrow raised in a curious fashion. She stood nearly beside me, her arm was still raised and near my shoulder but was soon lowered.

“I’m sorry Yaya-chan. I was a little out of it.” I excused.

She held a laugh and forced herself to smile nicely and nodded twice or thrice. ‘there it is!!!’ I could feel my face heating up when I noticed the said hickey under her chin. It wasn’t such a big or obvious thing, but small and blended with her skin color enough for anyone not looking for it not to notice, which made me wonder how those girls noticed it. I watched her sit down and begin eating her soup… I then noticed… that ever since she lost her voice, I haven’t seen her eat as much as she usually does. She looks thinner lately. I wonder why she’s not eating much?...

It didn’t take long for the girls from the other table to notice Yaya-chan was now present at the seat in front of me. They whispered amongst themselves for a moment, try as I might to hear what they were saying… but all I could hear was ‘go!’ ‘ask her’ ‘can’t’ ‘come on!’ but after a few moments, I could hear the girl behind my stand and walk over near Yaya-chan side.

“Good Afternoon! Nanto-san. Konohana-san.” A girl with dark long dark hair tied into twin tails greeted us both in a polite and well raise manner.

“Good Afternoon! Tousaka-san.” I greeted back with a smile, trying not to be rude. I have to admit I was curious of what she wanted to talk to Yaya-san about. But at the same time very nervous… and hoping she would not mention the hickeys that I might have gave her in my sleep.

Yaya-chan looked up from her meal, smiled and waved a hand.

Tousaka-san blushed slightly and began to look a bit nervous that she usually does. “Pardon me asking Nanto-san, a lot of girls have been wondering about this lately…”

OH! NO!... she’s going to talk about the hickey!’ I nervously and nearly in panicked thought.

“They wanted me to ask you too… Um… too…” she cleared her throat, for a moment to ease her nervousness… which unfortunately increased mine. “Would it be alright… if some girls form a Fan Club for you?”

EH?... Fan Club?’ I echoed in my mind. I never thought Yaya-chan was so popular. I turned to face Yaya-chan, who was looking at Tousaka-san in disbelief. I could feel an odd sense of foreboding around us. Taking the time and care to look around our table, I noticed that a lot of girls were looking at Yaya-chan’s and Tousaka-san’s direction.

Yaya-chan then flipped open her notebook and wrote: “Do I have to do anything?” and showed it to Tousaka-san.

She read it, smiled and shook her head. “The only thing we need you to do is recognize it as your Fan Club.”

I turned to Yaya-chan who looked like she was thinking about it. But she then smiled and wrote: “If that’s all I guess It won’t really hurt would it...”

Tousaka-san nodded. “Well girls you can worship her all you want now!” She said aloud.

Little did we realize we were in the center of all Yaya-chan fans… A lot of girls stood up around us and screamed for joy. Then converged around our table and began throwing out comments that I’ve only ever heard being told to Amane-sempai. They began asking all sorts of questions, too fast for Yaya-chan to answer without her voice. ‘Like thoughtless over exited girls.’

Yaya-chan looked like she was in a pinch and we had yet to finish our lunch. “Umm… everyone! I think you’re bothering Yaya-chan.” I said without thinking how the girls will react to my comment of their actions. I found myself in the receiving end of the fan-girls angry glares. They also began saying mean things like.

“Who are you to tell us that?”

“Aren’t you the one who’s always bothering Yaya-sama!”

“What do you know?!”

And… “You don’t deserve Yaya-onee-sama’s attention!”

I felt like crying… I didn’t mean what I said, at least not the way they took it. Tears slowly escaped from my eyes when we were all surprised and silenced by a loud banging on the table. All the other girls backed away slightly.

Yaya-chan had slammed both of her hands down on our table. She looked… angry… very angry. Her eyes were closed… like she was thinking or waiting for the girls’ reactions. Her lips slightly open, and I could see that she was gritting her teeth, holding back the harsh words and the desire to shout. I remember when I asked Yaya-chan when was the last time she got angry. She told me she could not remember, she didn’t tell me what it was like but she did tell me she hated getting angry.

And I think I can feel why… Yaya-chan gives of a very scary feeling. Even I feel scared and I believe that her anger isn’t directed at me.

After a minute or two of silence, Yaya-chan lets out a sigh. Her face softens from angry to disappointment. She picks up her notebook and steps away from her seat. All eyes including mine were watching her as she walked to my side and took my hand.

When I questioningly looked at her she did a small head gesture pointing towards the exit. I understood that she wanted us to leave the cafeteria immediately. Even though she had not eaten much yet…

“Aren’t you going too…” before I could even finish my sentence, she shakes her head and lightly tugs on my hand. I could only nod and follow my best friend. The girls were quiet as we left, I guess they were stunned at Yaya-chan’s reaction. I thought that Yaya-chan would be happy having a fan club, but I’m happy to know I as her best friend came first.

We returned to our classroom earlier than most. Yaya-chan slumped on her desk weakly, not the least bit embarrassed of her growling stomach. I felt sorry for her, so I told her that she could go back to the cafeteria and get something. She then wrote a note that told me that even though her stomach was growling she didn’t feel like eating anymore. I doubted if that was possible but Yaya-chan is not someone to do something when she doesn’t want to.

Our first teacher made a comment about Yaya-chan’s loud and complaining stomach. Yaya-chan just said she didn’t feel like eating and the teacher made some comment about Yaya-chan being lazy… but that’s the farthest from the truth. The truth is that she didn’t want to make a big story of what happened to us in the cafeteria. Or at least that’s what I’d like to think she’s thinking. I’m not saying that I know how Yaya-chan thinks. I find myself checking on Yaya-chan every now and then, for the rest of our afternoon classes. She tiredly took notes and tried to pay attention. It made me feel bad knowing that I’m the cause of her hunger now. ‘I shouldn’t have said anything back then...’

Classes ended hours later and the first thing I told her was to get someone thing to eat. She laughed and smiled before nodding and packing up her things. Unlike before, we’d go almost anywhere together after class. A Thursday was supposed to be a free-day, but last Friday’s skipping meant that we had choir practice today and tomorrow, and I’m the only one going. I have asked Yaya-chan where she went when I’m at the saintly chorus. She had told me that she was just drawing, here and there.

She wrote something about finally having the will to eat, which we found funny and laughed at for a bit before separating.

Midway from the church I saw some girls standing there in a line. When I got closer I realized that they were the same girls that got angry and yelled at me for telling them they were bothering Yaya-chan. I stopped a few meters away, while they too it as a sign to come closer. I was nervous… I wasn’t the least bit ready to be yelled at again. And this time Yaya-chan was no where to protect me.

“Hikari-sempai…” said one girl.

I swallowed… hard. Anxiety was getting to me, but before my fear got any worse.

We are very sorry!” the group said in unison.

I was surprised to find them all bowing their heads. “huh?” was all I could say.

One girl stepped forward. She had long purple hair and looked quite shy, like me. “We would like to apologize for our actions against you earlier. Hikari-sempai. In our excitement we had forgotten the one that Yaya-sama held most important.”

“…most important?” I echoed questioningly.

“Yes. We have been watching Yaya-sama for a long time now. And we know that… you, her best friend, are very important to her.” she explained, while her and everyone’s heads remained bowed down.

“I see…” I was pretty much speechless. It really made me feel good… knowing I was important to Yaya-chan. Well I knew it a long time ago… but I have probably not realized just how important. For even other girls to realize how important I am to Yaya-chan made me want to re-evaluate how I should hold Yaya-chan as my best friend. Everyone was silent for a while, even me. It was a bit to take in.

I then bowed to them too. “I would also like to apologize.”

“Hikari-sempai!” They called out in surprise.

“I didn’t mean what I said earlier. Well… at least not the way it came out. I just wanted Yaya-chan to eat, she hasn’t been eating quite like she had been before… I was a little worried. I know I had offended you as well. I am sorry.” I told them.

“Of course. Please forgive us too.” said the purple haired girl.

“I have already.” I smiled as I raised my head.

They took their turns thanking me and giving me personal apologies, which I accepted. I had told them that they should probably apologize to Yaya-chan too. The purple haired girl who introduced herself as Sakura, told me that they were going to but Tousaka-san said that they best apologize to me first, before apologizing to Yaya-chan. It made sense after a while. When she explained Tousaka-san thinks that Yaya-chan would send them to me even after they had apologized to her, before even considering if she should forgive the girls.

We soon gave our farewells, the girls of Yaya-chan’s fan-club now headed to look for her. It slipped my mind to tell them that Yaya-chan might be eating, since she had not eaten much at lunch time. But they could probably guess that, so I don’t really have to worry about it.

I headed to choir practice in the church. I was late getting there, but fortunately the leader was late as well. Which meant no one gets punished. And all in all, practice was pretty much the same. The girls had asked about Yaya-chan. Tsubomi-chan and I were “interrogated” separately for it, which was a good thing.

After our practice, I found myself staying in the church after everyone had left. I had been… avoiding Tsubomi-chan lately. But I realized that it seemed that she was avoiding me as well. I know that I’ve been trying not to ask her about her date with Yaya-chan and all things with it… especially the hug she got. I must be acting silly, I mean, I’ve hugged Yaya-chan and even slept beside Yaya-chan… … I don’t even know what I’m thinking anymore. Suffice to say, I don’t want to talk to her about it yet and neither does she.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Which, like earlier this afternoon… surprised me.

YAAAAAAAAAA” I tried to jump away from the hand and turned to its direction.

“Hikari. It’s just me.” said the person who’s hand was still on my shoulder, who I soon realized was Amane-sempai. I was surprised to see her here and that she still in her school uniform… didn’t she practice riding today?

“I’m sorry sempai. I was deep in thought.” I felt a blush coming up to my cheeks as I apologized. I wanted to ask why she was here… but it just wouldn’t form.

“It’s alright Hikari. I’m sorry for sneaking up on you.” she said as took her hand off my shoulder. She walked a bit and sat beside me on the church bench. “What were you thinking so deeply about Hikari?” She asked, trying to give me the caring soft smile that she always does.

I quickly considered telling her about Yaya-chan, and what happened in my dreams. But then I figured that it might be best not to… I’m not sure how she’d react. Instead I found myself telling her about Yaya-chan’s Fan Club.

to be continued.

Author’s Note: And haha! Honestly the Fan Club was a little unplanned… But something I can use for more fun, drama, and yuri lovin! XD Expect Filler chapters, featuring characters outside the Strawberry Panic.

Special guest appearances by:

Tousaka Rin, Matou Sakura and Illyasviel von Einzbern from “Fate/StayNight”. Why them? Coz they were either cool and or cute! And wasted on Emiya Shirou XD

YURI BANZAI! XD

Onwards to Part 8


Back to Yaya's Voice Index - Back to Strawberry Panic Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction