Astraea Lake (part 16 of 76)

a Strawberry Panic fanfiction by Lestaki

Back to Part 15 Untitled Document

“Now, just sit down and take a good, long rest. It’s alright to cry if you want to, too.”

Momomi pulled out her handkerchief and wiped her eyes furiously, determined to stop crying as soon as possible. I don’t even know why I ended up like this. It’s not like this is the end of the world, or anything. “Don’t worry,” she said aloud, looking up at Serané through moist eyes, her mouth a grim slash. “I don’t intend… to gratify your feelings like this for much longer.”

Serané sighed and smiled wanly. “Crying is very healthy when you need to vent, Momomi-chan, and no one will think any the worse of you because of it. It’s best to let everything out.”

“Easy for you to say.”

“This way you’ll prevent further embarrassment later, too,” Serané said. “Isn’t it best to release your emotional tension all at once, in a secure environment?”

“I suppose so,” Momomi admitted, disarmed by this logic. She sat on the bottom step of the clock tower, looking forlornly up at the Etoile. “But don’t either of you dare tell anyone about this.”

“Don’t worry. We’ll be completely confidential.”

“I don’t suppose you’re going to leave me alone. That’s all I want to be, okay? Just give me some time alone, I’ll be fine!”

“Yeah, right,” Kariya said. “As if we can do that after what you just did. We have a duty, you know, to help students in need. Whether they like it or not.”

“That’s to say,” Serané said quickly, “that we’ll always be there for you when you need us, and supporting you. We are personally responsible for the welfare, physical and emotional, of every person in this school.”

“As much as the Superior is,” Kariya continued. “And practically, far more so. We’re the women on the ground, after all.”

“This is all a longwinded way of saying that you won’t leave me alone, even if I want you to, isn’t it?” Momomi said sharply.

Serané knelt in front of her, eyes steady and earnest. “If you can convince us that it is in your best interests that we leave you alone, we will leave you alone. That’s what we have at heart. But if it wouldn’t strain you too much, we’d like an account, of the situation. No, even if it strains you.”

“Why the hell should I do that? This isn’t something I’m going to talk about, least of all to you. This is my private life! Respect that!”

“Please be reasonable, Kiyashiki-chan,” Kariya said, standing behind her partner. “It’s important that you tell us what’s going on. We can help you, and you should know that when I want something done, I get it done.”

“I don’t want your help! If I can’t sort out my own life, then I certainly don’t want anyone else to do so! I don’t want to be saddled with any debt like that, at any cost.”

“At any cost?” Kariya queried, raising her eyebrows.

Momomi’s eyes fell for a moment, and she paused before she replied. “Well, it’s not like you guys can do anything to help anyway… so forget it already…”

“Even if we leave you be, which is what we might decide to do, we can be here,” Serané said, taking one of Momomi’s hands. “We can listen to you, whatever you have to say, and we won’t think any the worse of you.”

“Truthfully, there’s nothing you can say which we haven’t gone through ourselves at one point or another,” Kariya said, shrugging slightly.

“I can well believe that,” Momomi muttered, smiling slightly. “But all the same… I’m fine on my own.”

The red-head folded her arms, looking irritated. “Sometimes there are more important things than dignity. You should remember that.”

“Kariya,” Serané said in her warning voice. “Please go and talk to Perez-san and Rivera-san. We need to know what they know as well.”

“I’ll do that, and leave this to you,” Kariya said without offence. But she couldn’t resist one last parting shot as she left. “You know, though… I always did hope that you’d find Kenjou-kun someone worth being upset over.”

“What’s this got to do with Kaname?” Momomi demanded a little too forcefully, her fists balling.

“Just a feeling,” Kariya shrugged. She waved idly with one hand then stepped through the door.

“Forgive Kariya, she tends to be a little… forceful, in situations like this,” Serané said, smiling apologetically. “It’s her impatience, with others and herself. But she us right, you know, this isn’t likely to be anything we haven’t experienced for ourselves.”

“What do you know about anything?” Momomi looked away, tapping her hand on her knee.

“Now, now, Momomi-chan. It’s the height of teenage arrogance to think that your feelings are unique in the annuls of history, isn’t it?”

“Do you have to say that now?”

“There’s no other time,” Serané continued. “Momomi-chan is a very prickly personality who always stands on her dignity, so she wants to be reminded of these things.”

“I do not stand on my dignity!” Momomi replied, raising her face and trying to get some decent anger into her voice.

“Of course,” Serané said innocently. “So why not talk to me?”

“Why, you-”

Serané put a hand on her shoulder. “Don’t force yourself, Momomi-chan. But I think it would be good for you.”

“Kiyashiki-san.”

“Huh?”

“Call me Kiyashiki-san again,” Momomi said, frowning weakly. “It sounds like you’re the one forcing yourself, when you call me Momomi-chan.”

“Maybe you’re right,” Serané admitted, smiling. “Truthfully, I’m not very good at this, you see. But I have to try. Because I’m an Etoile like Kariya.”

“Well, she’d be even worse. Don’t worry too much…”

“Don’t underestimate my Kari-chan,” Serané said, cocking her head and smiling unabashedly.

Momomi smiled despite herself. “Kari-chan? Now you really are forcing yourself…”

“That’s what I call Kariya in private, of course. I don’t know what you think of me, Kiyashiki-san, but not even I would call my lover “san”. But I have to keep up appearances, too.”

“And she calls you… what was it? Shizuru?”

Serané blushed slightly. “Well, yes. She’s a little more open than I am. She said to me once, that a foreigner at this school should use a proper name. We were both young and stupid at the time, but those words came back to haunt us. I suppose the old, bigoted her would approve of your integrationism.”

“Bigoted? It’s not like you to speak badly of her…”

“Well, back then I was the most terrible snob. We were young and stupid, Kiyashiki-san. Not at all like you, I’m sure. But why did you change your name, anyway? I’ve always been curious about that.”

“Momomi’s my given name, my real given name… that’s a pact my mother struck with my father, because my sister has a European name. My surname’s my mother’s maiden name. That’s all.”

“Ah, but why did you decide to use that name, not Phareli?”

“Because I hate my father,” Momomi said instinctively. “Probably.”

“I see. That’s a shame.” Serané sounded sincere. “But we’ve wandered a little off the subject. Kariya’s actually quite good at dealing with these things. Oh, she has a terrible bedside manner, and she always says it’s your weakness and that you should just get up and get on with it, and it’s terribly insensitive, but…” she smiled in fond remembrance. “Somehow it’s comforting. She sounds sure and confident that it gives you strength to carry on.”

“For you, maybe. I doubt that works on anyone else.”

“You’d be surprised, I think,” Serané said quietly. “But certainly it worked on me. I used to cry an awful lot, on my very first day, even… and even on my very first day, she was there to tell me I was a stupid, weak, useless brat who should run home crying to her mother.” She smiled. “With retrospect, those were wonderful words.”

“You’re just plain bizarre, you know.”

“I guess so, but it works on people other than me, as well. How about you, Kiyashiki-san? How do you try to comfort people?”

“I don’t, not really.”

Serané raised her eyebrows. “Not even once?”

Momomi shifted uncomfortably, then broke. “Well, maybe once or twice…”

“And what did you do then?”

“I hugged her,” Momomi whispered. “And then I… and then I-” She bowed her head again, screwing up her eyes to prevent herself from crying.

“I’m sorry. I made you recall an unpleasant memory.”

“It’s fine,” Momomi said, controlling herself.

“I know what you’re doing, by the way,” she said after a while.

“Hmm?”

“You’re trying to establish a rapport,” Momomi muttered. “By lowering your own defences and telling me about yourself, you hope that I’ll return the favour. And you talk in a friendly way about nothing in particular, too, to try and win me over. It’s not going to work.”

“Oh? Why not?”

“You can’t expect such simple tricks to work on someone like me. I know about manipulating people.”

“Really? You characterise things in very negative ways, Kiyashiki-san,” Serané said dryly. “Every time anyone says anything, they manipulate that person’s thoughts and feelings, in one sense of the word.”

“That’s not the same. Deliberately misleading someone is definitely different.”

“I’m not misleading you anywhere, though. I just want you to talk to me, for both our sakes, and even if you don’t do that, I want to ease your pain. If that requires manipulation, I’ll do it.”

“You’re still just messing with my emotions using pretty words, and trying to get what you want from me. I told you, I won’t be fooled by things like that.”

“Because you do it yourself?” Serané asked. She waited for a few moments, then relaxed and smiled. “You need to take yourself less seriously, Kiyashiki-san, and me too. If saying the right thing at the right time is manipulation, then everyone does it. And it’s a good thing too.”

“Not always,” Momomi muttered. I’d put this girl in her place if I was feeling better, but I’m tired right now. So…

“Of course,” Serané said. “But at the base, manipulation or more normal emotional interaction both… they’re based on empathy and social understanding. I’ve met some very manipulative people in my time, Kiyashiki-san, and you are well on your way to being one of them, but they’re also very vulnerable at heart.”

“Yeah, right. These are exceptional circumstances, you know… don’t think I’m always this weak.”

“You don’t have to see emotion as weakness,” Serané said. “It teaches you what other people can feel. I’ve always been far more worried by those who don’t release their pain like that.”

“Well, spare your amateur psychology for someone who’d be interested. I could care less. I just don’t want to look stupid.”

“That’s a very human desire,” Serané said diplomatically. “But remember that your understanding of people doesn’t have to be a bad thing.”

“You say that as if I was a normal person, but I’m not.”

“You say that is you’re some kind of monster.”

“What the hell do you know?” Momomi sighed bitterly. “Perhaps I do understand, but really I just understand superficial things without feeling, and all I can do is control people.”

“I can’t believe that. You said it yourself; you’ve comforted people before. Even if it hurts you to think of that now… no, especially because it hurts to think of that now.”

“Don’t talk about me as if you know me!” Momomi hugged her knees, trying to find words. “I can’t empathise or befriend, okay? So stop talking like I have some wonderful gift! All I ever do is hurt people!”

“No one just hurts people,” Serané said. “There are always people who are important to you, and who consider you important. Even if you hurt them, you bring them joy as well. That’s very human as well.”

“Well, it doesn’t apply to me. None of it! I can’t say I’ve ever had a true friend, but I use people. It makes me feel safe and secure so I jerk them around like puppets. But I don’t bring joy, and people can’t help but hate me if I ever show them who I am.”

“Saying those things is fairly foolish,” Serané said, her face set. “It may sound cool to write yourself off as a curse on humanity, and it may help you cope with pain and loneliness, but it’s not true and it’s just over-simplification. An excuse for the inaction which can cradle you.”

“I hate that about you,” Momomi snapped back. “You just sit there and think you know everything! You barely know me and you certainly can’t say what’s true of all humanity!”

“But you don’t disagree with me,” Serané said reasonably. “I don’t think you’re ready to mentally consign yourself to the damned just yet. Besides, how about Kenjou-san? She likes your company.”

“Well, not any more! I was practically talking about her…”

“So your argument really was with her, not just Perez-san,” Serané sighed. “I was afraid that might be the case.”

“Well, Kaname hates me now,” Momomi said in a low voice. “That’s all there is to it. I don’t intend to talk about it.”

“And you’re just going to accept that?”

“What now?”

“I’m surprised, that’s all. You’re strong and determined, Kiyashiki-san, a lot more so than I am. You intend to take on your father because you love this school and want to stay here. Is that someone who will just accept being hated by their friend?”

“She’s not my friend, she never was!”

“It’s a bad idea to mistake the protective dishonesty of vulnerable people like Kenjou-san with sincerity,” Serané said. “She was your friend, even I can see that much.”

“Looks can be deceptive. She just stayed with me because of the things she hates. Olesa, Amiki, Amane, my father. She can only define herself by the things she hates.”

“Were you really taken in by an act like that?”

“It wasn’t an act. What do you know?”

“It’s simple logic. Either Kenjou-san is a demon who only feels hate… or Kenjou-san is a vulnerable person who likes to pretend she’s hateful because it protects her pride and her emotions. No?”

Momomi ground her teeth in frustration. “Say what you like!”

“I don’t intend to be cruel, even now,” Serané said. “But I don’t like it when people distort who they or other people are. I still wonder, though, why you so simply accept her so-called hate.”

“Well, what the hell should I do, then? Go crawling back to her? That won’t fix anything!”

“You can always go back on her terms. I’m sure she’ll listen.”

“Saying things like that, so freely… being so naïve… it’s so annoying! Listen to me, damnit! You don’t know anything about Kaname and you don’t know anything about me! I don’t want you to pretend you’re a fairy godmother. That’s the worst distortion at all.”

“If I’m wrong, prove me wrong. But you’ll have to tell your story.”

“I don’t need to prove anything to you,” Momomi said. “I don’t want to be interrogated. I just want to be alone. Is that so hard to understand?”

“If that’s really what you want, then I will leave you,” Serané said. “But can I say one thing first?”

Momomi closed her eyes. “Shoot.”

“Kaname was your friend. I don’t know why you fell out or how bad it was or when this happened, but if it’s possible, you should definitely talk to her.” Serané’s eyes were steady. “These things are more important than pride and dignity and comfort. If it’s hard to do, it’s probably the right thing to do. It may hurt now, but unless you fight, unless you do everything within your power to get her back, you might live in the shadow of your momentary failure for months or years. And that’s far more painful in the end.”

Momomi stared at her for a few moments, then opened her mouth-

“And if you say a variant on what do you know one more time, I’ll be very unhappy,” Serané said, smiling again.

Momomi closed her mouth and sighed. “You might be right, but… it’s impossible. I can’t know whether there’s any point in trying and I can’t bring myself to try. More than that, I don’t know why I should have to be the one to do this. I’m not the best person in the world, but I didn’t deserve what I received, and I don’t have to do anything about it!”

“So what are you going to do?”

“Do? Nothing!” Momomi did her best to keep eye contact. “I don’t need Kaname, and she doesn’t need me. If things are like this we’re only going to hurt ourselves, and I’m not sure whether I want to know her anyway.”

“That’s a pity,” Serané murmured.

Momomi carried on, annoyed. “You might understand, but you don’t feel! Not like this! You can’t feel what it’s like for me right now, when I hate myself because she hates me and I hate her because I doesn’t deserve this and I’m sad for us both and I’m angry because she was so unfair and said so many things that shouldn’t have been said, and ashamed because I was just the same and afraid of what she might say when I see her next and pained because… because I thought she was my friend… and…” Momomi touched her eyes. “I’m crying again, aren’t I? It’s too hard. Can’t you accept that, already? There’s no pride in it any more. I just can’t do it.”

“You’ll hate for this… but I think I understand,” Serané said quietly.

Momomi just put her head in her hands and said nothing.

“When did this happen?”

“A few hours,” Momomi replied in a monotone. I don’t even have the strength to resist anymore. Serané’s right… what’s happened to me? I’m me; I don’t get beaten this easily! “Though I suppose what’s behind it has been brooding for a while.”

“Who was angry first?”

“She was. She said I’d… abandoned her, to talk to Olesa, because I hadn’t met with her for her very important thing.”

“Very important thing?”

“Something about what she was to me,” Momomi said, trying to keep her voice under control. She couldn’t meet Serané’s eyes, which was infuriating. “Whatever that means… I can guess, though, I suppose… it’s became I’m me and so she could never trust me, even if it’s unfair… it’s not like I can trust myself-”

“How does Olesa fit into that, exactly?” Serané asked, cutting her off.

Momomi took a breath, collecting herself. “She invited to come tell her… why she hates me. It’s true, isn’t it? That my father… and her mother…”

Serané closed her eyes, sighing. “It’s true,” she said simply. “That’s all.”

“You knew.”

“Anyone who follows the aristocratic social circles knew,” Serané said. “I was surprised you didn’t. But Olesa has always been marked by a stigma, because of that.”

An accusation for an accusation, is it? “But we talked about that… I lost track of time… and we talked about her rivalry with me.” Momomi’s shoulders slumped. “She said it was just like Kaname with Amane, and I said… I said… a lot of stupid things. It doesn’t matter.”

“So you had an argument. She said things until you became sufficiently angry that you retaliated, and then she said worse things, and you did the same and so on. Yes?”

“You could have been there,” Momomi said miserably.

“An argument is an argument. Who left first? Her or you?”

“She did. I… I don’t know, it’s like my legs folded. I couldn’t follow, even if there were so many things to say to her, all of them bad… and I didn’t know where else to go. So I went nowhere.”

“And then you came here?”

“After a while,” Momomi said. “At first, I was too dazed to move, then I was so angry and distracted, the moment I thought of her… them both… and I came here. Now I can’t move again.”

“I see.” Serané glanced at the girl. “Thank you, for your trust.”

Momomi leaned back and looked at the ceiling. “It’s not trust. I’m just… too tired… to fight any more.”

“You’re very strong. I have to admire you.”

“What are you talking about?” Momomi whispered.

“Even like this, you could argue with me so clearly, and you could say everything you have,” Serané said. “I know it’s just a generalisation but the fact that you can talk about it at all… I’m impressed.”

“Go talk to Kaname if you want strength. She probably hates me so much her mind’s perfectly clear. Even if not, she’ll be a lot stronger than me. Kaname wouldn’t cry.”

“What do you want to do now?” Serané asked.

“I want to be alone. I want to sleep, if I can.”

“Do you want to go to a different room tonight?”

“Yeah,” Momomi said. “I’d like that.”

“Very well,” Serané said. “I think you both need time alone. But I want you to promise me something, Kiyashiki-san.”

“What?”

“Promise me that you won’t let things end like this,” the Etoile said firmly. “One way or the other.”

“I can’t guarantee that.”

“Remember your resolve. You’re Kiyashiki, the aristocrat who takes her own name, controls her own fate, and takes everything, aren’t you? You told me you’d give your all to stay at this school. Don’t tell me you’ll give less for a friend.”

“I was a different person then… I felt so… so… angry. I’m just tired now.”

“All the more reason to fight. If you don’t fight now you may lose the next battle, and that might lose the war.”

“You don’t suit military metaphors.”

“Perhaps not, but I still want your promise.” Serané watched her for a moment, then sighed and walked out of the clock tower.

Momomi looked upwards, following the spiralling course of the staircase straight upwards to the very top of the tower. It was nostalgic, a little, because it reminded her of washing those stairs, Olesa slow as well, Amiki buzzing around her Ojou-sama like a hyperactive bee, and Kaname… Kaname was being herself, lively and interesting. Somehow it was her more than anyone else who talked, even though she was the most asocial of them. Kaname lacked normal social inhibitions, but she still had a sharp and fast mind and a kind of casual confidence that served her well. Momomi had been just a little jealous, and so she’d contrived, along with Olesa who picked up on her game rapidly, to make Amiki and Kaname race each other to clean the stairs. That left the other two with relatively less to do. Momomi had found it almost cute how easily Kaname had fallen into that trap. But she felt bad about it now. To say nostalgic, about something that happened yesterday…things are that bad, aren’t they? It seems so long ago, a whole world ago, a world where Kaname was my kind-of-friend, and not someone who hated everything about me, all because of me. A shift like that’s so dramatic it makes me feel like it separates too lives. And I don’t think it’s possible to go back. She sniffed, smiling at herself. Why am I thinking such silly, melancholy things? It doesn’t matter. I’ve been through worse, right?

“Come through, please.”

“Thank you.” Shion followed Serané into the clock tower, casting an anxious look at Momomi.

The brown-haired girl just glanced at her for a moment then lost interest.

“Tomori-san has been waiting outside all this time,” Serané said. “She was very worried about you both.”

Momomi frowned. “Really?”

“Well, I wasn’t that worried,” Shion said defensively. “But I didn’t have anything else to do, so…”

Momomi managed to giggle along with Serané. So she’s dishonest as well… just like… Kaname…

“But this is convenient. Tomori-san doesn’t have a roommate. Isn’t that right?”

“Really?” Momomi said, surprised.

“Well, yes,” Shion said, sounding embarrassed. “My old one transferred out at the end of her first year, because her parents were moving. There hasn’t been anyone since.”

“So would you be fine sleeping in the spare bed there tonight?” Serané asked.

“Can’t I have a spare room or something?”

“You could, but I think this is better,” the Etoile said. “Company will leave less time to brood.”

Momomi considered it. It all depends on Shion’s manner… if she’s too curious and annoying, like Serané, it’d be bad. But…I suppose I’m too tired to fight again. “Fine,” she said shortly.

“And you, Tomori-san?”

“I would be honoured,” Shion said, bowing briefly. “I will look after her as best I can.”

Serané smiled again. “I’m glad. Shall we, Kiyashiki-san?”

Momomi sat up, ignoring the offered hand. “Alright, I’m going, I’m going,” she muttered.

Kariya was leaning on the wall at the other side of the door, eyes half-shut and arms folded. “My, my,” she said quietly. “You’ve put us to a lot of trouble, you know.”

Momomi bit her lip, feeling upset and annoyed in equal measure. That pose, that tone, those words… they’re all Kaname’s. Kariya shouldn’t imitate them.

“But don’t cry yourself to sleep too much,” the redhead said when she received no reply. “If there’s one thing that annoys me, it’s teenage angst. So get over yourself, the world isn’t over.”

“Sorry to disappoint,” Momomi said shortly. “I wouldn’t do something that pathetic.”

“Ha. Whatever. Give yourself time, girl, you’ll get there.” Kariya turned her head away in pointed indifference.

“Kariya, you could be a little more tactful,” Serané chided. “Kiyashiki-chan is very upset.”

“I’m not upset!” Momomi said, realising the ridiculousness of this statement about two seconds after she’d made it. “I’m fine now, already!”

“Very well, then. I stand corrected.”

“It occurs that Kiyashiki-san can be a little simple at times, bright or not,” Shion smirked.

“Now, now, Tomori-san. You know that Kiyashiki-san is very tired right now, and under some strain. There’s no need to be so forthright.”

“You’re right, I’m sorry.”

“You guys don’t know when to quit,” Momomi snorted, irritated. “I thought you were our guardians and mentors.” Actually, Serané’s excuses are more annoying than the actual insults… wait a minute…

“Well, we still are, but we need a little fun too,” Shion said. “I’m sure we’re taking your mind off things, and important things like that.”

“That’s quite right,” Serané said. “A little humour can be very beneficial, psychologically.”

“Sounds like an excuse to mock me, more than anything else.” Momomi folded her arms and walked on.

She saw Olesa and Amiki, still working on cleaning the Church. She glared at them, unsurprised when they both looked uncomfortable. What did surprise her, and Amiki as well, was Olesa hesitating for a moment then dropping a mop and walking purposefully towards her. “Phareli-san,” she intoned blandly.

“you,” Momomi replied bluntly, halting. “What do you want?”

“It appears that my little game has had exponential consequences,” Olesa said. “I did not anticipate this. It appears you have been accruing errors all on your own, as well.”

“You bitch,” Momomi whispered, close to hitting the girl.

Shion stepped forwards, indignant. “After all this, how dare you-”

“That’s enough,” Serané said softly, stilling the third year. She watched the Spaniard intently.

“Well, it’s your problem to solve. Until you have Kenjou back, Phareli-san, we will be the ones with no reason to recognise you as a rival.”

“Exactly,” Amiki said, catching up. “You’re way too helpless on your own. So you’d better drag her back here tomorrow. I still have a score to settle with her.”

“See to it, Phareli-san,” Olesa said, as if giving a casual order to a servant. She turned and walked away.

“That bitch,” Momomi muttered, but there was a little less hatred in her words now. If she listened carefully to herself, it was almost- not quite- affectionate in tone.

“Who does she think she is, though, talking like that?” Shion said, annoyed. “I hope you punished her.”

“The case is borderline,” Serané said. “But that was not, I think, arrogance.”

“Yeah,” Momomi said. “Something like that.”

It’s still wrong, Kaname, you’re still missing, and without you I’m not as strong as I should be. I hate to admit that. I don’t want to have to say that I need you. No, I don’t need you, but I want you all the same, because everything’s easier when you’re here, the world’s a more interesting place, and I know I have someone I can count on until the end. That’s what I thought, but we ended up this way. I don’t know how much of that is my fault and how much of it is mine, I still have no answers to that, and I still can’t face you. I still don’t know whether it’s best that we try to make it up to each other or whether it’s best that we never see each other again. I’ve got no way of knowing. But, like them or hate them, and they’re all so annoying, not like you at all… they’re here. Without you, it’s not complete, but at least there’s still a picture. There’s still a place to start. So… so…I’ll settle things properly. One way or the other. I’ll force myself to do that. And if my will wavers, I’ll remember this moment, right here, right now.

“Serané,” she said quietly.

“Yes?” the older girl asked.

“I’ll give you my promise.” Momomi glared at her. “I’ll definitely see it through to the end.”

“Those are Kiyashiki-san’s fighting eyes,” the Etoile said. “I’m glad.”

Momomi blinked, tried to stare at her own eyeballs, then looked around for a reflective surface. What the hell are fighting eyes?

“But I do wonder what she was thinking of, to make her like that,” Serané teased.

“A bunch of complete idiots, but especially the biggest idiot of all,” Momomi said. Her heart still ached, but she could smile.

Onwards to Part 17


Back to Astraea Lake Index - Back to Strawberry Panic Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction