To Fix Broken Wings (part 7 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Back to Part 6 Untitled Document

"Tell who what?"

Ash shook his head in disappointment. He sat down next to Zoey and said, "Don't play dumb with me, woman! I'm talking about you and Dawn! I know you have it in for her! Ever since what happened at that last contest-"

Zoey placed her hand over Ash's mouth before he could finish speaking. "Do you want Dawn to hear you?" she hissed, her eyes glancing over at the other girl's bedroom door. Ash moved Zoey's hand away and whispered, "Look, let's just go out on the roof, okay? We can talk there..." 

The moment Zoey walked out onto the roof, she realized she could finally breathe again. "God, your apartment room smells like crap..." Zoey panted as she took in a deep breath of air. Ash nodded and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter from his pocket. "This is my favorite place in this whole stinkin' hotel..." he replied casually.

Once Zoey finally freed her nostrils of that awful stench, she asked, "So...what's this you say about me and Dawn?" Ash slipped his cigarette in between his lips as he said, "I know you like her, okay? Ever since that last contest."

"Is it...really that obvious?" Zoey asked, her cheeks turning bright red.

Ash nodded and removed the cigarette from his mouth so he could blow out a small puff of smoke. A small smirk formed on his lips when he said, "Also...I think Dawn might like you too..."

"How do you know?"

"Well, when I was shaking your hand earlier, I gave you 'the flirting glare' to see if Dawn would react. It just so happened that she did! However, I'm not entirely sure on the matter..."

Zoey couldn't believe what she was hearing. "YOU WANT ME AND DAWN TO HOOK UP?" she cried, giving Ash a incredulous look. Ash grinned sheepishly and replied, "Well, what else do you expect me to do? I can't return home to her yet...I still need to find a way to make it up to her..."

"Who are you talking about?"

Suddenly, Ash had a sad thoughtful look on his face, like he was remembering days long past. Sighing, Ash said, "I'm talking about a girl named Misty. I hurt her long ago and she still hasn't forgiven me. I really love her, I do, but I want to make it up to her. I want her to know that she's special to me and that I DO care for her..."

Wanting to use this situation as a way to divert from the talk about her love for Dawn, Zoey decided to ask Ash some more about this 'Misty' girl. "When did you last see her, anyway?" she asked.

Ash shook his head sadly and let out a sigh. 'God, he sighs alot!' Zoey thought. Ash looked up at the starry sky and said:

"The last time we ever saw each other was at that last contest..."

Zoey was a little surprised, but she didn't let this unwind her. 'So...it seems that the last contest was the beginning of all our miseries! Who would have thought?'

After a few moments of silence, Ash said, "If you want, Zoey, I can help you hook up with Dawn..."

It didn't take long for Zoey to consider this offer.

"I'LL DO IT! I WILL BECOME DAWN'S LOVER!"

"...You might not want to shout that out into the heavens too much..."

"Sorry..." 

Onwards to Part 8


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction