To Fix Broken Wings (part 13 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Back to Part 12 Untitled Document

Mr. Samuel Richards ran his fingers through his greasy reddish-gray perm as he flipped a page of the paperback novel he was reading. Although his only source of light was a dimly-lit shaded lamp, his special glasses improved his sight. A cigar balanced firmly in between his jaws as his eyes scanned each page.

His wife, Juliana Richards, was busy knitting something while sitting in her recliner chair. It was late at night, and neither of them had expected any visitors, considered how far out of town they lived. However, those thoughts were shattered the moment they heard the doorbell ring. Glancing at a nearby clock, Mr. Richards saw that it was currently 7:09 PM. He gently tossed his book to the side and pushed himself up off the couch.

Before he opened the door, the bell rang a second time. Grunting, Mr. Richards had expected it to be some sleazy door-to-door salesman with nothing to do. Instead, the one standing in front of their door with a serious look on her face...

...Was their daughter, Zoey. 

An awkward silence filled the small kitchen as Zoey and her father sat across from each other, neither of them able to come up with the right words. Out of the corner of her eye, Zoey could see her mother was busy heating up a pot of coffee for the both of them, as if it was needed. At this point, Zoey felt so wound up she could scream.

"So..."

It was Zoey's father who said this. Happily accepting the coffee, he gripped the steaming cup tightly in his hands and his eyes darted about everywhere. He seemed to be having trouble bringing himself to look at his own daughter. Zoey noticed this, and she let out an annoyed grunt.

"I'm disappointed, Mr. Richards...I was really hoping you would have gotten over your phobia..." Zoey replied nonchalantly. She avoided calling him 'father', all in the hopes it would piss him off even more. Both her face and her voice seemed devoid of emotion. In fact, she looked positively bored out of her mind. Mrs. Richards placed a cup of coffee in front of Zoey, too, but it just sat there untouched.

Taking a quick sip of coffee, Mr. Richards snarled, "Tell me...why have you come back? Are you running low on money and think you can mooch some off of us, you dyke? Or are you here to brag about how many girls you've fucked in the last few years?"

Hearing her father say these things hurt her, but it didn't matter much; Zoey had stopped considering these two people as her 'parents' the day they disowned her. Instead, Zoey just cracked a smile and chuckled to herself, as if she knew some great deep secret.

"You're a riot, Mr. Richards. Just so you know, I haven't had sex yet...I'm still a virgin. I plan on saving it for that special someone...you know, that girl I kissed publicly on the day of that incident?" Mr. Richards knew Zoey was talking about that last contest, but he just gritted his teeth and nodded slightly.

"Even better, I met up with her again after all these years. Plus, we're living together now. Sure, her childhood friend, who's a boy, just so you know, is staying with us, but he fully accepts my feelings for Zoey since he has a girlfriend of his own! Of course, thanks to you guys and your bull shit, I'll never be able to be with her...it's all your fault...heh heh...heh heh heh..."

As Zoey's insane laughter increased in volume, both of her parents shrunk back in fear. Lifting up one of her arms, Zoey pulled down the sleeve and revealed various cuts that covered her flesh, still laughing all the while. Some of them were even still leaking of blood. "DO YOU SEE?" She practically screamed, "DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME? I'M A CRAZY PSYCHO LESBO, AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! BASTARD! BITCH!"

Zoey then pulled down her other sleeve, showing cuts to be evident there as well. Then, she thrust an arm into her pocket and retrieved a small pistol from her pocket. As Mrs. Richards let out a shriek, Mr. Richards quickly tried to grab for a phone. Right before he could grab it, Zoey pulled the trigger... 

'Oh, please! Oh please let me get there in time! Oh, please!'

Dawn was driving over the speed limit as she rushed down the lone highway, a large farm-like landscape surrounding her. After getting some information from a man at a gun shop and off the internet about Zoey's personal life, Dawn found out about how the poor redhead had been disowned by her own parents for being a lesbian.

That was when Dawn also realized what Zoey must have been planning to do: To get revenge on her parents for what they did. Cursing herself for not figuring this out sooner, Dawn quickly printed out directions and made her way to the manor where Zoey's parents currently took residence.

The moment the mansion finally came into view, Dawn saw something that worried her even more: a lone truck was parked out near the building. Quickly driving up to the lawn and bringing the car to a stop, Dawn hopped outside and looked in through the window for any sign of Zoey.

She prayed once again that she wasn't too late... 

Mr. Richards was speechless as he gazed at what used to be the telephone lying in pieces before him. Sneering, Zoey lifted the gun up and blew away the smoke that was still residing inside the gun's barrel. 'She...she could have shot me...' Mr. Richards thought. his entire body shaking in horror.

Aiming the gun at her father's head, Zoey exclaimed, "I'm sorry, Mr. Richards...Mrs. Richards. But...I've been dying a bit inside every day because of you two. You think you can judge me just because I like girls? Why can't either of you have focused on something more important in a person like, oh, I dunno...PERSONALITY AND MORALES, OR SOMETHING?"

By this time, all three of them were crying, especially Zoey. She was crying the hardest...inside and out. "YOU SENT ME OUT INTO THAT COLD DARK WORLD ALONE WITH NOTHING BUT MY OWN DIGNITY! HOW...HOW COULD YOU HAVE JUST GOTTEN RID OF ME LIKE THAT? I MAY BE A LESBIAN, BUT...BUT I'M STILL YOUR DAUGHTER!"

Unable to take any more, Zoey let out a small cry before collapsing to her knees and bursting into sobs, her gun now lying uselessly in her shaking fingers. Mr. Richards and Mrs. Richards just continued to stand in place, watching their disowned daughter cry her heart out to them... 

Onwards to Part 14


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction