Perchance to Dream (part 5 of 11)

a Mai HiME fanfiction by Leebot

Back to Part 4

A Taste of Mayo


I have a little confession to make, Shizuru. I’ve been having these dreams lately which I haven’t been writing about in here. The reason was that I didn’t know if you’d found this and were reading it, and I was afraid of what you might think if you found out about this. But I’ve decided today that it wouldn’t really be so bad if you found out. I don’t know exactly why I’ve come to that conclusion, but I just feel a bit closer to you after today. Maybe it’s because you held yourself back from pleasuring me even when you didn’t need to do so for my sake, but I can’t say for sure.

Well, anyways, the dreams. They start out with me waking up to find myself tied up in my bed. I can’t figure out what’s going on, and I’m terrified. My mind flashes back to all my other experiences with being tied up. Of course, none of them are very pleasurable, so you can imagine that I’m not too comfortable with the experience. Then, you come into the room, and you reveal that you’re the one who’s tied me up.

Now of course, you don’t have anything malicious in mind. You just want me, and this is just one of the many games your devious mind has come up with to spice things up. But with my discomfort with being tied up, I just can’t do it. I beg and plead with you to let me go, but you’re deaf to my concerns. You try to start things up and get me in the mood. You kiss me, though I refuse to kiss you back. Eventually, I break into tears, and you finally give up.

After that, you break down and plead for forgiveness. You’re well… it’s kind of hard to explain, but it’s like there’s this vision of you in my dreams that’s kind of self-aware, and at this point in the dream, you get back to this state. You’re no longer following the script of the nightmare, so you just console me and talk to me. We try to sort some things out that are going on in my mind. But despite all these efforts, the dreams haven’t stopped. I’ve had them every night this week so far, and I’m afraid I’ll have it again tonight.

I guess the problem is that the root issue here hasn’t really been resolved. I know that you probably want to do a lot of things to me, and I suspect that tying me up is one of them. I don’t know why I think your mind is so dirty, but it’s the sense I get. After your little game today, I’m even more sure that this sort of kinky stuff has occurred to you. And, to tell you the truth, I really want to be able to let you do those kinds of things to me. I have no idea if I’d enjoy them, but I want you to be able to. One of these days, maybe for your birthday, I want to be courageous enough to simply give myself to you, to be yours for whatever you might dream of doing.

But right now, I’m afraid. There’s no way I could do that without completely freaking out. It’s hard enough getting up the courage to let you do anything of that sort to me. You got me to that point earlier today, and you’ll probably be able to do that again on Friday. After that, maybe we can go a step further. I don’t really know what the next step would be, but I’d really like to get over this particular fear, so… Damn. I’m sorry, but just considering it right now is too much for me. We’ll have to work up to it a bit more. I hate to ask you to wait for me after all the waiting you’ve already done, but I’m afraid there’s no other choice here. I may not be the perfect girlfriend for you now, but I’m going to try to get there, and I promise it will be worth the wait.


Yeah… I had that dream again. I was hoping that the fact that I was now at least comfortable enough to write it down would also indicate that I wouldn’t be haunted by those nightmares, but no such luck. At least the image of you in my mind was really sweet, though. She did quite a good job of calming me, and even gave me a little idea of how I might be able to resolve things. I won’t say what it is, in case you’re reading this, as I don’t want you to get any clever ideas and take things into your own hands before I’m ready.

Well anyways, I missed you today. It’s the first day in almost a week I’ve gone without seeing you, and I can feel it. I guess I’ll have to get used to it, though. Things are going to come up, and I can’t expect you to be available to get together with me every single day. I wish you could, though…

You might not believe it, but I actually ended up hanging out with Nao today. I ran into her at lunch yesterday. It turns out that she’s taking classes over the summer too. I’m not too surprised that she’d have to, but I am a bit surprised that she actually would. I tried to ask her about it (read: taunt it out of her), but she wouldn’t budge. My guess is Yukariko-san had something to do with it.

Anyways, we arranged to get together and just hang out after school today. After a brief argument on what to do, we ended up settling on going to the arcade. It was quite fun, to be honest, about as much fun as I could have without you. The shooting games there brought back some nice memories, too. Well, not really so nice, but it is good that I can use the skills I gained to have fun now that things have settled down.

I don’t know if I’ll have a chance to write in my journal before then, so I guess I’ll take this time to vent a bit about my concerns of what we’re doing tomorrow night. I’m already nervous about things, but I’m trying not to think about it too much. I’m afraid I’ll chicken out and ruin things. Though I guess I gave you permission to override my fears if you have to, so I don’t really have the option of running off. It would still put a damper on things and possibly ruin the experience of my first time, though, if I tried to. I guess I’ll just have to trust you to keep me calm and get me in the mood. You managed to do that last night, whether you were specifically going for that or not, so I guess you can probably do that again.

Beyond all the fear though… I think I actually am looking forward to this. It’ll help solidify our status as a couple when I’m able to give myself to you like this. And it should be fun and quite pleasurable too, judging by your reactions. I’ll try to keep this in mind so I don’t get afraid.

I love you, Shizuru, and I want to let you show your love for me. I want to be yours.


Natsuki felt a pang of disappointment and let out a pout when she entered her dorm room and didn’t immediately feel Shizuru’s arms wrap around her in a surprise hug. Okay, maybe it wouldn’t have been that much of a surprise; at this point, not feeling it was more surprising. But that wasn’t the point. Shizuru was supposed to be there for her after school. She’d gone too long without being around the other girl, and now she had to wait longer?

Wait, maybe this is her plan, Natsuki thought. She pulled this trick at the karaoke party last week. She waited just long enough for me to start missing her before she came in. So maybe she’s hiding somewhere waiting to ambush me. Well, two can play at that game. Carefully, Natsuki began to sneak around her apartment, hoping to discover Shizuru lurking in a closet or behind some door and pounce on her before she was pounced on herself.

Her kitchen, sitting room, bathroom, and the closets attached to them all proved to be clear, after some careful snooping. This left only her bedroom, whose door Natsuki found to be closed. She wasn’t one to normally bother with closing doors around her own dorm, so this stood out to her as a good sign that Shizuru was likely there. Readying herself for her girlfriend to come jumping out at her, Natsuki slowly opened the door.

When no assault was forthcoming, a wave of relief warred with disappointment in Natsuki’s mind, eventually losing out. That was the last good chance for Shizuru to pop out on her, and no such luck there. It wasn’t the last chance completely – there was still the closet in her bedroom and the corner of the room she couldn’t see – but she didn’t expect Shizuru to bother with one of those spots.

With a sigh, Natsuki entered her room to check out the last couple of spots, just in case. Her search was interrupted, however, when she spotted a gift-wrapped package sitting on her bed. So that’s what Shizuru was doing in here. After a quick glance to ensure that Shizuru wasn’t hiding in the corner of her room and using this gift to lull her into a false sense of security, Natsuki went over to her bed and sat down as she unwrapped the package.

Inside, she found a large bottle of what her suddenly excited stomach told her was mayonnaise and a handwritten note from Shizuru. Reluctantly putting the bottle aside for the time being, she unfolded the note and started to read.

Ara, Natsuki, I’m so sorry I couldn’t be there to meet you when you got home from school. I came up with a really good idea this morning for something I could do for you tonight, but it required a few little supplies I didn’t have on hand. I checked around a couple of nearby stores, but I couldn’t find what I needed there. I was able to track down a store that had it on the internet, but it’s rather far away, so I won’t be able to make it there and back in time to catch you when you get home.

Enclosed in this box is a bottle of mayonnaise I cooked up specially for you a bit ago. I’ve been saving it for a special occasion, and this seemed to be the perfect opportunity. I hope you’ll try it out tonight with dinner, and I really hope you’ll enjoy the little extra flair I put into it. I’ll probably be back sometime around 7 or so, so be ready for me then. Maybe you could wear a little something special for me? I’ll certainly be doing so for you.

Natsuki felt a blush rise to her face at Shizuru’s last little hint in her letter. What could she be planning? Her mind started to race and try to guess at everything Shizuru might have planned, but in the end, she just couldn’t anticipate what might occur in her girlfriend’s devious mind. With a sigh, she took her bottle of mayonnaise to the kitchen and tried to decide what she could make with it.


She hadn’t expected it to be possible, having secured her dorm and propping a chair up against the door to ensure Shizuru would have to knock, but the girl still managed to catch Natsuki by surprise when she arrived. She even allowed Natsuki a moment of false victory when she knocked on the door and waited for it to be opened for her. It was then that she struck.

Natsuki had been prepared for an immediate hug from the girl. She hadn’t been prepared for Shizuru’s hands to dart out to her in the blink of an eye and pull her tightly up to the girl’s body while Shizuru’s mouth angled in to fit perfectly with hers. She let out a yelp of surprise at first, and then worry that someone might see them. It didn’t take longer than a second for this to be pushed out of her mind by all the overwhelming sensations of Shizuru.

A small voice in the back of Natsuki’s mind wondered if Shizuru had deliberately played up her usual perfume and lipstick for her sake. It certainly seemed more than usual, but maybe that was just because it had been some time since she’d last seen her. That little voice was soon drowned out by the rest of her mind, though, which was much less concerned with the “why” and more concerned with simply enjoying it all.

Natsuki relaxed into Shizuru’s grip as she inhaled the other girl’s essence. Her arms slowly moved around the other girl’s body to pull her in even tighter, allowing her to delight in the pressure of her love’s body pressed up against her own. Her thoughts briefly passed over the sensation of Shizuru’s breasts pressed up against her own, already sending small jolts of pleasure through them, but the truly engrossing feeling was that of Shizuru’s lips against her own.

The girl’s lips had started out moving slowly and tentatively, in an odd contrast to her previous dominant behavior in rapidly pulling Natsuki into the kiss. As Natsuki fell into a daze from the sensations and started returning the kiss, Shizuru’s lips gradually quickened their pace. Natsuki kept up easily, matching Shizuru’s rhythm, and she let out a small chuckle into her lover’s mouth at her considerate behavior.

Shizuru’s tongue was the next to join the fun, as it came up and started tracing its way along Natsuki’s lips, much as Natsuki had done to Shizuru during their encounter a couple days ago. With a soft moan, Natsuki opened up her lips to grant the tongue entry. The tongue poked its way through the small opening she provided… and then vanished, along with the pleasant sensation of Shizuru’s lips.

“Ah?” Natsuki moaned in disappointment as she opened her eyes to look at Shizuru. The woman’s face was completely unreadable, and she said nothing as she gave Natsuki a moment to regain her senses.

“Perhaps we should move inside,” Shizuru suggested.

“Wha-?” Natsuki said. The meaning of the words was fighting against the dazed state of her mind, but it was losing out. All she wanted was to be absorbed into Shizuru in every way possible, and she couldn’t figure out why the other girl wasn’t letting her in.

“Ara, or would Natsuki prefer for anyone who comes down this hallway to be able to see us enjoying each other?” Shizuru teased. “I don’t think I’d mind that. I quite like the idea of letting other people know of what a great girlfriend I have.”

That got through to her. As her face lit up in embarrassment over how she’d fallen into the other girl’s trap all too willingly – not that she regretted it in the slightest – Natsuki grabbed a hold over her body and pushed away from Shizuru and back into her dorm. She nearly stumbled over her own legs, which had lost all strength in the process of their kiss. “Baka!” she said as she regained her balance and crossed her arms, trying to sound annoyed but coming across more as amused.

Shizuru didn’t bother hiding the amusement in her expression as she picked up a shopping bag from the floor and entered Natsuki’s dorm. It was from a supermarket chain which stocked almost everything, so Natsuki wasn’t able to infer any clues as to what Shizuru might have picked up for her. Without a word, Shizuru passed Natsuki and dropped the bag off in her bedroom. She didn’t speak up as she returned, either. She simply stood in front of Natsuki with a very un-Shizuru-like grin splitting her face. Natsuki didn’t think she could remember a time when she’d seen the girl displaying that much happiness.

“So what are you so giddy about?” Natsuki asked. She shifted her stance so she could lean against the wall across from Shizuru; her legs had yet to regain all of their strength.

“I’m going to get to make love to my girlfriend tonight,” Shizuru replied simply. Her smile didn’t budge an inch, and every bit of happiness on her face shone through in her voice.

“Baka!” Natsuki’s felt her face dart straight past red and into purple at Shizuru’s blunt statement of her intentions. How is she capable of saying such things with a straight face?

Defying all possibility, Shizuru’s smile grew even wider. “Natsuki is so cute when she blushes.” As if she wanted to be even cuter for Shizuru, Natsuki’s blush deepened at this comment. “I can’t wait to see how much she blushes when I-”

“Shizuru!” Natsuki cut the girl off. She didn’t think she’d be able to take the blood-flow to her head that would result if she let Shizuru finish that sentence. “Are you trying to scare me off here?”

Shizuru’s smile faltered. “Ara ara,” she said as she approached Natsuki. She wrapped her arms around the girl’s neck and gave her a quick kiss on the nose. “Forgive me, but I let myself get carried away with teasing you there. Tonight is supposed to be about you.”

Natsuki sighed. Shizuru’s touch and her kiss never failed to push away her worries. It was almost impossible to stay mad at the girl when she did this. “It’s alright,” she said.

Shizuru gave her a grin that would have broken down all of her resistance if it weren’t already gone. “Thank you,” she said. Unwrapping her arms from Natsuki, she moved to a nearby chair. “If Natsuki isn’t too impatient to get on with things, there are a few things I’d like to talk about with her.”

Impatient? Try scared as hell. Any delay is fine by me, Natsuki mused as she walked over to another chair and took a seat. “Fine by me. What did you want to talk about?”

“Yesterday,” Shizuru said as she sat down across from Natsuki. “I was thinking of telling Natsuki about how things went when I came out to my mother, but now I’m not so sure. I would have thought Natsuki would be curious enough that she’d ask me herself, or maybe at least be so cutely nervous that I’d know it was on her mind. But I guess my mother’s reaction doesn’t matter that much to her…” Shizuru went into her fake sobbing routine as she trailed off.

“Baka!” Natsuki said, trying to ignore Shizuru’s act. “You just got in the door, and you haven’t given me a chance to ask you anything!”

“Ara, but if Natsuki really cared, she would have found an opportunity…” Shizuru gave an exaggerated sniff at this.

Natsuki suspected that if she didn’t figure out what Shizuru wanted from her soon, the girl would soon manage to make actual tears fall from her eyes. With a sigh, she took a stab at a solution. “I’m sorry Shizuru, but I really do want to know how your mother reacted. Could you please tell me?”

Shizuru’s face immediately lit up. Natsuki had known it was all an act, so she wasn’t so much embarrassed that she’d played into it as relieved that she’d guessed correctly at what Shizuru was digging for. “Of course. Natsuki only had to ask,” she said cheerfully. Natsuki rolled her eyes at this. She knew Shizuru caught it, but the girl pretended to ignore the gesture. “She reacted quite well, all things considered.”

Natsuki let out a breath she didn’t realize she’d been holding at Shizuru’s good news. “That’s good,” she said. “I’d hate to be the cause of a rift between you and your parents.”

A twinkle formed in Shizuru’s eyes. “Natsuki is too sweet,” she said. “But there’s nothing to worry about. Mama has decided to simply be happy for me, despite a few concerns she may have.”

“Concerns?”

“Well, nothing too surprising. She’s a bit worried about how society might treat us; much more than I am, at any rate. There are a few other things too,” Shizuru said, the twinkle in her eyes turning mischievous, “but I think Natsuki might blush a little too much if I told her about them.”

Natsuki fought the urge to let her mind try to guess at what Shizuru and her mother might have been talking about, knowing it would make her blush despite Shizuru’s consideration. Shizuru apparently sensed her inner struggle, as a lighthearted chuckle drifted across the room. “Baka!” Natsuki said as warmth flooded her cheeks.

Natsuki’s blush only served to make Shizuru more blatant with her chuckling. After a few more embarrassing seconds, Shizuru finally settled down. “On another subject,” she said, a hint of amusement still in her voice, “did Natsuki enjoy my special mayonnaise?”

The blush drained from Natsuki’s face as her head was instead flooded with memories of the delectable taste Shizuru had provided for her. After making a sandwich with it, it was all she could do to stop herself from drinking the rest of it straight from the bottle. “Did I! What did you put in there, Shizuru? I didn’t know even mayonnaise could taste that good!”

Shizuru giggled, a pleased grin on her face. “Ara, now if I told you what the secret ingredient was, it wouldn’t be a secret anymore, now would it?” Deciding that two could play at the pouting game, Natsuki put on her best pout and looked at Shizuru with puppy-dog eyes. It seemed to work, as Shizuru’s expression broke just a little. “I guess I can give you one little hint though. I picked the secret ingredient so that it would remind you of something else you love.”

Natsuki ran through her memory to see if she could decode this hint. What was she thinking of when eating that sandwich? Well, about Shizuru mostly, but she’d thought that was just because it was from her and she was thinking forward to when she’d arrive. Could the secret ingredient have something to do with her then?

Determined to solve this riddle, Natsuki shot up from her seat and ran to the kitchen. She grabbed the bottle of mayonnaise from the refrigerator and squeezed out a dollop onto her finger. She brought it to her tongue and let out a moan as she started to savor the precious taste. She swirled it around her mouth, trying to absorb every bit of taste from it. Clearing her mind as much as she could, she drew on the first instinct to come to her for the extra taste.

“Tea leaves!” she shouted. A pleasant laughter from her sitting room told her that her guess was right on the money. Shoving the bottle back into the fridge, she ran back to Shizuru. “I can’t believe those tastes go so well together! How did you ever manage to mix it in so well?”

“Ara ara,” Shizuru said through her chuckles. “A girl has to have some secrets. But don’t worry, Natsuki, I’ll be sure to make you more now that I know you like it.”

“You better,” Natsuki said as she sat back down. “And you also better teach me to brew tea, if it really tastes that good.”

“Of course, Natsuki,” Shizuru said with a beautiful smile crossing her face that nearly made Natsuki swoon.

Damn you, Shizuru. Why do I let the smallest expressions from you affect me so much? Natsuki thought. Trying to distract herself from the smile which sent waves of warmth through her body every time she glanced at it – not that that was a bad thing, just that she didn’t want to lose control of herself right now – she decided to change the subject. “So what were you out buying today anyways?”

“Oh, just a couple little presents for my girlfriend,” Shizuru said. She got up from her chair and drifted to the door to Natsuki’s bedroom, where she’d stashed her shopping bag. Fortunately for Natsuki’s sanity, her smile switched from hypnotic to mischievous. “A little idea struck me when we were talking about family the other day. I can’t be around you all the time, so I’ve gotten you a little something that can keep you company in my stead.”

Shizuru disappeared into Natsuki’s room, and Natsuki took a chance to take a breather and get a hold of her senses. Unfortunately, this opened up room in her mind for nervousness about the planned events to take hold. Was she really ready to open herself up to Shizuru? To let the girl see her… naked? A blush rushed to Natsuki’s face at the thought. She tried to fight it with logic – she’d already seen just as much of Shizuru and done just as much to her – but her modesty wasn’t listening.

“Ara? Is Natsuki trying to make herself cute for me by blushing so much?” Shizuru’s voice came from the doorway.

Natsuki snapped her head up to look at the girl, trying and failing to stop her blush from deepening. “B-baka!” Shizuru chuckled at her, and though it was at her discomfort, the sound somehow managed to help Natsuki relax a little. As she gained control of herself, Natsuki found the presence of mind to notice that Shizuru was hiding something behind her back. Remembering about what Shizuru had been up to, she said, “Can we just get on with this? What did you get for me?”

“A few things,” Shizuru said. Her smile told Natsuki that she was quite pleased with herself for whatever she’d gathered up.

Natsuki wasn’t normally one for accepting presents – she’d never had the friends or family for it since the accident that took her mother – but she figured she’d give this a shot if Shizuru wanted. As long as the girl didn’t go too far overboard, at least. “Okay, so what do you have for me right there?”

“Well, I was thinking that it wasn’t quite fair that I could get into Natsuki’s room whenever I wanted and she couldn’t do the same for me. With how much I like surprising Natsuki, I thought it might be quite fun if she chose to do the same for me. So…” Shizuru brought her hands around to the front as she approached Natsuki. In her right hand dangled a keychain with a couple of keys on it. “I present to Natsuki her very own set of keys to my house.”

Natsuki tentatively reached out a hand to take the keys as she processed this gift. While the sentiment was nice, something about it seemed off. It didn’t seem like something Shizuru would do to give up control of a situation like that. “Thanks,” she said, trying not to let her concerns show through.

It was no use against Shizuru, however. “Ara, does Natsuki not like my gift?” she said with a somewhat hurt expression on her face.

Unlike with Shizuru’s previous acts, Natsuki sensed that there was a fair bit less acting behind this expression. She scrambled to explain herself so Shizuru wouldn’t be too put off. “No, of course I do! It’s just that this seems weird. Since when are you one to give up control to anyone?”

The pain in Shizuru’s face seemed to fade at this explanation. “Since last Saturday night,” she said as her smile started to reform, “when Natsuki showed me just how fun it can be to give myself up to her. Courageous Natsuki can be very fun when she’s in control.”

Natsuki’s face blushed at the memory, and she turned her head away from Shizuru to hide what she could of her expression. I could sure use some of that courage tonight, she thought idly. It’s certainly a lot easier to be courageous when I’m the one in control. I guess… is that what she’s thinking? Or maybe does she just feel it’s right to share control in the relationship.

As she came to some guesses at Shizuru’s intentions, her blush started to fade. Whichever reason it was, it was quite sweet of her. “Thank you, Shizuru,” she said, turning back to the girl with a small smile on her face. “Maybe I’ll have to take you up on that offer to surprise you and take control sometime.” Shizuru’s cheeks filled with pink at this. Score,Natsuki thought.

“Hehe, no problem Natsuki,” Shizuru said, still a little flustered from Natsuki’s proposal. “Um, let me go get the next gift, okay?”

As she left, Natsuki mentally chided herself. Okay, that wave of courage helped me relax a little, but it might not have been the best idea to talk about things going the other way tonight. Even if it did make Shizuru blush, we shouldn’t be focusing on that tonight, lest I try to act on it. Tonight’s her turn to take control. …Crap. Where’s my courage when it comes to that? I shouldn’t be so afraid to open myself up to her…

“Ara, is Natsuki alright?” Shizuru had once again snuck back while Natsuki was lost in thought, holding another item behind her back.

“Yea-” Natsuki started to say, but she broke off. Ah, fuck it. No point in lying to her. She sighed. “Just a little scared, I guess.”

The sweet smile Shizuru gave her let Natsuki know that she’d made the right choice in telling her this. “Of course. That’s quite alright, Natsuki.” She approached Natsuki and reached one hand around to rest on her shoulder. “But trust me on this. Once things get going, you won’t be afraid for a moment. Stopping will be harder than continuing. Alright?”

“I guess I’ll have to trust you on that,” Natsuki said. She brought a hand up to lightly pat Shizuru’s in a gesture of thanks for her support. Her nervousness was still present, but if what Shizuru said was true, then she just had to stop thinking about things so much. “Okay, so what else do you have for me?”

A small smile broke out on Shizuru’s face. Whether it was at seeing Natsuki doing a bit better or at the thought of her gift, Natsuki couldn’t tell. “Well, this one occurred to me when we were talking about family,” she said. “I hope that one day maybe we could have our own happy family together, but until then, I think you need something to take care of you while I’m not around. So, I now present to you… Duran-chan!”

Shizuru whipped her arm around, revealing a stuffed blue dog. The shape of its snout immediately brought memories of Duran to Natsuki’s mind. The rest of it seemed designed for maximum cute appeal, with precious puppy eyes and humorously oversized paws. The effect wasn’t lost on Natsuki, who let out an embarrassing squeal of delight as she plucked Duran-chan from Shizuru’s hand.

“Ara, I think Natsuki has a new favorite toy,” Shizuru said as Natsuki was busy nuzzling the stuffed dog. “I knew she was a dog person, but to be this cutesy with them is almost too much for me to take.”

Natsuki took a break from bonding with Duran-chan to give Shizuru a quick glare. “Quiet,” she said. Damn it. How could I lose control of myself so easily in front of her… Her gaze once again caught the sight of Duran-chan’s face, which was just begging to be nuzzled some more. Oh. Right. But in front of someone? Well, I guess maybe it’s okay if it’s Shizuru…

Shizuru simply chuckled at Natsuki’s display of affections for the stuffed dog. Eventually, Natsuki moved on from nuzzling it and gave it a tight hug while she smiled at Shizuru. “Thank you, Shizuru,” she said, unable to suppress the giddy smile on her face.

“And thank you, Natsuki,” Shizuru said, bringing her face down to Natsuki’s, “for revealing this cute side of yourself to me.” Before Natsuki had a chance to blush at this, Shizuru closed the distance and gave Natsuki a quick kiss. It was over almost before Natsuki had a chance to think about it, but it succeeded in pushing any thoughts of embarrassment from her mind. “Now come,” she said afterwards, gripping Natsuki’s hand as she stood up.

“Huh?” Natsuki said in surprise as Shizuru pulled her to her bedroom. Duran-chan fell from her grip at Shizuru’s sudden movement, but she didn’t have a chance to retrieve him. As she looked back longingly at the puppy, her mind tried to puzzle out what Shizuru had in mind to do next. Was that it for the gifts? Was Shizuru planning to take her to bed now? “Uh… Shizuru… what are you…? Is this it then?” she asked hesitantly.

Shizuru paused in her step, a somewhat embarrassed smile forming on her face. “Ara, don’t worry Natsuki, I still have more gifts for you, which I hope will make you just as happy as Duran-chan. But it seems that whenever I leave Natsuki alone, her mind goes to uncomfortable places, so I think it’s best to keep her with me for the rest of the night.”

As soon as Shizuru turned back and pulled her into the bedroom, Natsuki gave up her control and let a blush flood her face. Damn you, Shizuru. You just can’t let me hide anything from you, can you? Er… but, I guess it is nice that you’re that concerned about me being comfortable… Ugh! Why can you never simply make me feel a single emotion about anything you do? It’s just like all your teasing…

“Now sit down,” Shizuru said, motioning to the bed. Natsuki obeyed, trying to catch a glimpse inside the shopping bag she’d noticed on the floor as she did so. Unfortunately, the angle was just wrong for her to see anything, so she gave up with a sigh and resolved herself to waiting out Shizuru.

“Alright, Shizuru, what’s next?” she asked.

“Close your eyes,” Shizuru said, a playful grin on her face as she stood in front of Natsuki. After rolling them quickly, Natsuki obeyed her girlfriend’s instructions, silently hoping she wouldn’t find herself attacked in any way as she did so. Fortunately, Shizuru didn’t seem to have that in mind. “Now, next up has to do with Duran-chan. I don’t want him to be the only family you have, so I’ve got something else for you to help out.”

Natsuki heard the sounds of Shizuru rustling around in the shopping bag. Gambling that Shizuru would have her back turned, she started to crack her eyes open to see if she could catch a glimpse of what Shizuru was getting. Her ploy was cut short, however, by a sharp, “Keep those eyes closed,” from Shizuru. She gave a sigh as she squeezed her eyelids shut again.

Shizuru started talking again, though this time she seemed to be coming from a lower position. “Now, I’d like you to meet the rest of your little family. Her name is Mayo, and she’s very, very friendly. Open your eyes, Natsuki.”

Natsuki slowly opened her eyes, expecting to see Shizuru holding another plush dog before her – possibly white or yellow-white judging by the name. Instead, she didn’t get a chance to see much beyond a flash of Shizuru’s face in front of hers as the girl quickly leaned in to lick across her face. With a yelp that faded into a giggle, she rolled back onto the bed to get away from whatever Shizuru was up to.

As Shizuru came into view again, she figured out just what was the nature of her game. Shizuru had put on a pair of doggy ears and she had her hands up in the same pose she’d used when she was pretending to be Duran in the sporting goods store earlier that week. With a cheerful “Yip!” Shizuru pounced onto the bed, her arms and legs straddling Natsuki as her tongue came down to smother the girl’s face with puppy kisses.

“Shi-Shizuru!” Natsuki got out in the midst of a fit of giggles and the distractions of Shizuru’s rabid tongue. Her protest got her nowhere; if anything, it spurred Shizuru on to increase her pace. Resigning herself to playing along with Shizuru’s game, she suppressed her giggles – Since when had she become so bad at hiding how she actually enjoyed some of Shizuru’s antics? – and said sternly, “Mayo!”

“Mayo” paused in her flurry of kisses and pulled her head back to look at Natsuki. “Aroo?” she said as she tilted her head to the side, her tongue still hanging out as she panted lightly.

Natsuki had intended to scold her “dog” for pouncing on her like that, but she just didn’t have the heart. Shizuru was just making herself irresistibly cute when she acted like this. She reached out her hand to pat the girl’s head as she would a puppy. “You’re a good little girl, aren’t you, Mayo?” she said.

“Yip!” Shizuru replied, with a priceless expression of joy on her face. Seeing that expression sent a surge of desire through Natsuki, and she abandoned the roleplay as she bent her head to catch Shizuru’s lips in her own. The girl tried to play the puppy a bit more and struggled a bit to get out and simply lick Natsuki’s face, but Natsuki was ready for this and moved her hands up to hold Shizuru’s face steady until she had her fill of the kiss.

It didn’t take more than a second before Shizuru gave in to the kiss and started moving her lips slowly back against Natsuki’s. A light chuckle made its way between them, but this only served to make Natsuki redouble her efforts. Shizuru let her continue the kiss at her more furious pace for a bit, but she soon pulled back. Though Natsuki was disappointed, she decided to release her grip on Shizuru’s head to let her go if she wished.

“Ara ara,” Shizuru said after a moment of catching her breath. Natsuki caught a cute twinkle in her eyes as they met her own. “Now is it really appropriate to do something like that to your puppy?”

“Baka. I wasn’t doing that to my puppy, I was doing that to my girlfriend,” Natsuki said.

Shizuru chuckled as she rolled off of Natsuki and stood up from the bed. “I guess I’d better take these off then,” she said as she removed the headband which held her doggy ears. “I think my meaning might have gotten lost in the play there, but I want you to know, Natsuki, that you can think of me as part of your little family as well. A very important part, I hope.”

Natsuki let out a small chuckle as she pushed herself up to a sitting position. “You didn’t have to go through all that, Shizuru,” she said. “You’ve really been the closest thing to family I’ve had since my father left. Before I knew about your feelings for me, I kind of thought of you like a big sister, to be honest. You were always there to help me out or protect me when I needed it, and I didn’t even have any idea just how much you were doing for me.”

Natsuki reached out her hand to grasp one of Shizuru’s as she spotted a blush forming on the other girl’s cheeks. She certainly hadn’t been expecting this admission, and frankly, Natsuki hadn’t seen it coming or realized she’d thought of Shizuru that way until that moment. It felt right though. “But I guess now I’m kind of glad you weren’t actually my sister,” she said. “It leaves us the possibility of getting into an even closer relationship.”

The blush had spread to cover almost all of Shizuru’s face now. “Natsuki…” she said. “I’m supposed to be getting you feeling like this right now, not the other way around.” Shizuru gave her best attempt at a pout, but it just didn’t work in her current mood.

Reflecting on her current state of mind and the aching need for her girlfriend that was coursing through her body, Natsuki responded coyly, “Oh, I don’t think you’re doing such a bad job at that.” I think I’m ready now, Shizuru, she added silently, though she hoped the girl got the message.

Judging by Shizuru’s chuckle, she probably did get it. “That’s good to hear, Natsuki,” she said. “But I’ve got one more present for you, and it’s the most important one of all, so you’re not going to be able to stop me from giving it to you.”

Onwards to Part 6


Back to Perchance to Dream Index - Back to Mai HiME Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction