Lux Aeterna (part 12 of 26)

a Original Fiction fanfiction by Mr. Toasty

Back to Part 11

Episode XII: Deluge

 

Even during my First Life, I never would have imagined that the dreadful power of the Ice Djinn Aisuna would be released. Deep inside, foolish as it sounded, I had always hoped that she would be locked up for eternity, inside that crystal cage, unreachable to the rest of the world and its weaknesses. Yet the power of greed is strong, strong enough to cast aside the weakness of humanity and strive towards what one does not have and would normally never have at all. Twas’ greed that caused humanity to misuse and abuse the limitless powers of the Ice Djinn in the past, and even though I hoped that it would never happen, Greed has proved me wrong and released her once again.

The thought embitters me so that I gnash my teeth in horror and rip my own clothes to pieces. How could I have been such an ignorant fool? Even I should have learned that the power of greed and desire was stronger than any emotion save love and hatred, and t’would push humans so far as to venture into the depths of icy Jotenheim just for a chance to fulfill their selfish dreams. I was stupid for not realizing it sooner, and just as foolish for not doing anything to prevent it. I grasped onto hope, but it only ended up failing me.

Now the Ice Djinn is freed, present to bow to her new master and perform their damning tasks. The man that has her in his palm now is not an evil person nor one with very big goals--he merely wishes all his competition to be eliminated, leaving only himself to dominate in the field of economics and mercantile exchange. This greed of his is criminal, but I have sworn to one of the few personal friends I have that I will not interfere. I trust the Informer, the eccentric but brilliant Glavius, not to allow things to be blown out of proportion, and thus far they have not.

 

 

But as I hover now in the plains of Nippon, I keep my wary eyes watchful.

 

I wish to kill Aisuna and end her life--not out of hatred for her, but for her own good. If she were allowed to live, as I did not desire, then countless others would hear of her power and attempt to attain it. I already know of one barbarous human, his soul twisted and depraved, who would starve his own family simply to justify a reason to attain this damned Djinn. Such humans, rotten to their very core, make the bile inside of me hurtle into my mouth and spew out in a vomiting rage. I would smite him as he stood, save for the redeeming fact that he has yet to commit a crime. Sometimes, I wish to damn the innocent--just sometimes…

But all I am good for now is watching, and hoping against my own reason that my friend is correct, and things turn out well. I have been disappointed by Hope before, though; I pray it does not happen again. I do not know what course of action this certain human would take if ever he gained the alliance of Aisuna, but I am certain that they will be completely deplorable. The very second an evil action arises from him, I will spill his soul and cleanse it in a river of his own blood, and then Aisuna would follow, pitiable as it would be.

I know Glavius would never forgive me, but I value the lives of millions of humans over the golden friendship of a single one. I pray, though, that it does not come down to that. This “Battle Maiden” would prefer peace, but I do not believe my preference shall be granted. I am, clichéd as it sounds, damned if I do and damned if I do not.

 

Even now, the entity known as Aisuna is wreaking her havoc. Dozens of industries and businesses, many of them honorable and noble enough to earn my willing approval, have collapsed or been corrupted for the sake of the human known as Ezra Price. He finds it amusing; I find it to be criminal. Yet I trust Glavius enough to keep things civil, and to not allow such acts to do anything more than ruin people’s lives. That is something I can tolerate; destruction is another thing. Were this man wishing for death and not simple ruin, I would have annihilated himself and everything around him.

There is also the matter of the human known as Galaga Starik, whose wickedness makes my bile all the more putrid. Her perversions aside, the woman’s one-track mind enables her to believe in butchering everything for the sake of attaining her spawn again. Her daughter, one known as Lantariz, is a simple and pure girl, one whom I admit I am fond of, and certainly not worthy of the evil that is her mother. For shame! She would perform any task to retrieve that which should not have been hers in the first place, even the murder of her own former lover!

I retch! Yet again, all I may do is watch and hope for the best. Many key players in this game of death are springing up everywhere, each participating in the act and unaware of it. There are the victims first, Lantariz and Ichi and one called Max Rockwell, who are in severe danger as others are hunting them. They all contain a treasure within them that these people desire; each one largely unaware of this gift. They are all safe, for the moment, but it will not last. There are also the hunters, the half-elf Asuka, her cyborg companion Bloodbane, and the enigmatic Thirteen, who each are infamous for their mercenary ways.

Once Galaga attains her daughter, she will destroy the girl’s mind and most likely breed her to follow in her wicked footsteps. The galaxies will be enslaved forever in a pit of oppression and fear if this is allowed to continue, and I grow more wary as the very one who hunts Lantariz, the half-elf Asuka, is living with her presently. On another subject, the one known as Ichi has within her the power to release Aisuna; the one known as Max Rockwell has an accurate direction towards the Ice Djinn’s lair, though he knows it not.

An evil wish and an evil dynasty, but the third part of this waltz of wickedness is the one I can tolerate the most. I have watched the shadow of Kagai Shazou very carefully, and as I bore witness to the injustice given unto him, I wept bitterly and swore my own secret alliance with his creed, that those who have tarnished his soul and the truth surrounding it all would be vanquished. The man’s evil simply comes from his desperation, of wanting to gain power from those he hates but cannot afford to ignore.

Dear man, I still weep for you, and wait for the day when you are broken enough to ask this Judgment to assist you. Rest assured, I would do so gladly.

 

 

There is also the matter of the Demon’s Twenty to deal with. Renewed and reinforced since their recent destruction (save their strongest member, whom I cannot help but respect as a worthy and honorable opponent), the Demon’s Twenty have sworn allegiance to the nobleman Kagai Shazou, in exchange for a second chance to defeat Ichi, a handsome bounty for her safe return, and positions of great power under his wing. I cannot tolerate their methods, though they reflect my own, but all I may do is watch as their business unfolds.

Truly, as evil gathers to flood the worlds with their dark presence, I may be in misery. Until the very time comes when the hounds of war are at last unleashed, I can do nothing, as no crimes have been committed. I may only believe what will happen; I cannot be certain as nothing has happened yet. As the demented machine Bloodstorm may not, I also may not kill an innocent--only, using a cliché again, until the innocent are proven to be guilty.

 

And then, they will feel my undying wrath, poured out like scalding lava upon them.

 

All I can do is watch and wait, and try to be comforted by my love. She beckons me even now, even as I hover in the air of Nippon and observe the happenings in the world of Reality. I hear her sweet voice, rich and thick like honey, and I can smell the exotic perfumes she wore so that I would be pleased. My sweet, sweet, sweet Summer-Eve… do you still not know that it is I who should be giving you pleasure, you who have taken me into your embrace when I was grieving, you who gave me comfort and love, you who showed me how to mourn and scowl at the injustice of the world…?

I love you, you know--strong and passionate as I hate that which I can do nothing about. Hate and love can be passionate, so I hope you forgive me, lovely Eve, if I am ever aggressive with you. I cannot help it; I saw things that angered me today.

 

Keiiiikooooo, aren’t you coming over here or not?”

“I am, Eve,” I answered her, feeling guilty for having to make her wait so long. I turned around and landed on the ground, standing far too great a distance away from my beloved. She gives me an impatient smile, and waits for me to walk over to her. As I stroll, I remove everything covering my body--everything, the entire black uniform, with flawless motion. I shift my eyes across her goddess’ body, feeling painfully unworthy yet yearning for her loving embrace, and finally stand before her, naked and unashamed, offering a weak smile with my glittering eyes.

“I apologize for making you wait so, Eve. Sometimes I may get caught up in my observations.”

“Then perhaps I can offer you a distraction,” she said with a playful grin. I offered her a simple laugh, and gently descended down beside her, where she drew me close like a child and began to give me limitless pleasure.

My anger was quickly dispelled during the heated throws of passion shared between us… and little more save the woman embracing me was observed.

 

 

Closing comments: Thing are starting to heat up! …No, not like THAT, perverts! Wait, should I really have a sex scene in here? I probably shouldn’t, for the sake of those wanting a clean story. Best pairing so far? Pairings you’d like to see? I love feedback, people--don’t just compliment the story, comment on it too! Preview of next chapter: Asuka and Bloodstorm go after Max, who unknowingly owns a piece to this very large puzzle…

Onwards to Part 13


Back to Lux Aeterna Index - Back to Original Fiction Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction