Final Distance (part 25 of 30)

a Mai HiME fanfiction by jaded088

Back to Part 24 Untitled Document

“How long is that damn meeting going to last?” Natsuki whined out loud as she shut the book on the desk in front of her a little more forcefully than intended.

Nearly two hours had passed since Shizuru had left, time in which the young Vedelian had tried to occupy herself with her studying, but she had only managed to skim through a couple of pages…and honestly couldn’t remember what those pages said. The girl knew very well why she couldn’t focus, it was because she kept playing the scene that had taken place earlier in Shizuru’s room repeatedly in her mind, and every time that it did, she couldn’t ignore the heat that radiated from her entire body because of it.

“I’m pretty sure this is some form of torture…” she mumbled to herself with a pout as she leaned back in her wooden chair, the front legs rising slightly off the ground as she clasped her hands behind her head.

Shizuru had kissed her earlier, right? That wasn’t just some wonderful dream Natsuki had conjured in her head…It couldn’t be.

Again the girl found her index finger lightly tracing over her lips.

No, it had definitely been real. No questions about it. That confirmation was now firm in her mind…mostly, anyway.

The real question is what am I gonna do about it?” she couldn’t help but ponder as the corners of her mouth irked downward.

It was about time for a confession, it was long overdue, but Natsuki wasn’t entirely sure if she’d be able to go through with it all. She could practice all she wanted, think about what she wanted to say and plan it all out before hand, but having those beautiful russet-colored eyes looking at her…to have Shizuru that close…those factors added a whole new spin on the game.

Shifting her weight forward, the chair landed on all fours once again with a loud thud as Natsuki rummaged a hand through her hair in frustration, leaving her dark tresses in a mess.

Why does she have this kind of effect on me? How can a single person do that and not even be aware of it? …I wonder if I do the same to Shizuru…”

That final thought made her smirk once again, accompanied with a small laugh.

Nah, I doubt it. Shizuru’s always so collected, if she was ever flustered, I don’t think anyone would know about it.”

Now that she really thought about it, Shizuru rarely ever did become emotional in front of other people. Occasionally Natsuki would see a change, but for the most part the older woman was reserved and calm, keeping an even tone despite the situation.

“I wonder how well I really do know her—“ the emerald-eyed girl began, but was cut off by the light rapping at her door.

“Natsuki?” the distinctive accent came from behind the wooden structure, obviously recognizable as Shizuru.

“Just a sec,” Natsuki stalled, giving herself a moment to blindly comb through her hair as best as she could with her fingers before walking over to the door and opening it.

“Hey.”

“Hey, come in.”

“Ookini.”

Doing so, Shizuru walked through the doorway, and wasted no time in settling down on the nearby bed.

“So what was that all about?” Natsuki questioned after closing the door behind her and proceeding to take a seat by her friend.

“A meeting between the Columns and the Windbloom Officials. They were curious about what was happening in the surrounding countries that we’ve been visiting over the past few months.”

“Is something stirring up behind the scenes?”

“It doesn’t seem that way…at least not at the moment. I hope it stays that way,” the woman replied somewhat somberly before brightening once again, “But this is not what Natsuki wished to discuss, is it?”

The girl blinked, “Uh, y-yeah, right.”

“What is it then that you wanted to speak with me about?“ Shizuru asked, her head tilting slightly causing her tawny locks to sway, ruby orbs staring at the girl beside her intently.

D-Don’t look at me that way,” Natsuki screamed in her head, “you’re gonna break my concentration!”

“U-Um…”

“Yes—“

The girl squeezed her eyes tightly shut.

Come on! Stupid tongue! Just spit it out!”

Natsuki’s green orbs flashed open again, meeting the deep red pools beside her.

“I LOVE YOU!”

The words had left her mouth before she fully realized it, and Natsuki’s vibrant viridian eyes widened as reality sunk in and her face quickly reddened. Even Shizuru looked taken aback by the sudden outburst.

“Natsu—“

“I love you…Shizuru,” the Vedelian repeated, far more controlled this time, “I…I’ve loved you for a long time…whether I realized it or not…”

Dropping her gaze to the floor in front of her, Natsuki continued, “I should have said something a long time ago. I don’t know why I didn’t…It’s just that…you’re so perfect…and…”

The girl paused to sigh, “I’m sure you’re tired of hearing these things from people, but…I just couldn’t hold it back anymore…”

“Natsuki…” the older woman breathed the girl’s name in a way only she could.

Suddenly taking action, the raven-haired girl grabbed Shizuru’s hands between her own, “I need to—no, I have to know…do you…do you—“

Shizuru’s lips clashing against her own silenced Natsuki on impact, and the Vedelian willingly submitted as the older woman leaned over her until Natsuki’s back was flat on the bed.

“Baka,” the chestnut-haired Column whispered once she had pulled back, still maintaining her dominating position over the girl, and it wasn’t until then that Natsuki noticed the tears forming in her ruby eyes.

“Shizuru—“

“I love you too, Natsuki. For such a long, long time, I’ve—”

This time it was Natsuki who cut off Shizuru with another deep kiss, arms wrapping around the woman above her before using her strength to turn the tables and taking the top position.

What started on the lips quickly moved to the jaw and proceeded to the neck, and it was there that Natsuki cursed the starch-white cloth that prevented her from tasting any more of Shizuru’s fiery skin. Moving back to the woman’s lips, the young Vedelian parted her own, allowing her tongue to slide over Shizuru’s lips before the woman allowed her access to the inside of her mouth.

At the initial contact of their curious tongues, both women moaned, Shizuru’s nails digging deeper into Natsuki’s back, the thin material of her tank top providing little cushioning.

Eventually pulling back, the girl hovered her face mere inches above the other’s, noses brushing as half-lidded eyes met, “I didn’t mean to take things so quickly…”

“I’m certainly,” a breath, “not complaining…”

Natsuki smirked, “I’m not either, but…”

Pausing, the girl unstraddled herself from the older woman, lying down beside her on the bed as she rested her head on Shizuru’s chest, eyes closing, “…can we just stay like this…for a while…”

An amused noise sounded from the Columns throat before she kissed the top of Natsuki’s head, a hand easily finding it’s way into the girl’s hair.

“Of course.”

Onwards to Part 26


Back to Final Distance Index - Back to Mai HiME Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction