Pale Gold Amidst Autumn (part 5 of 5)

a K-ON! fanfiction by Museless

Back to Part 4

Chapter 5: Anniversary


Mugi hurried out of the building, her excitement palpable. Tonight had to be special, everything had to be perfect. The blonde woman raised a fist, and steeled herself in order to assure victory for this particular battle. Not that Mugi had to worry about extending much effort, she was smart and picked projects up easily and with such elegance her friends would have envied her (if they didn't love her so much). In fact it was hard to hate Tsumugi for any reason. She thought of the meal she wanted to create tonight as she briskly walked to her car. Caught up in her thoughts, she did not notice two of her closest friends trying to catch her attention from across the street.

Oi, Mugi!” Ritsu called loudly, waving her arms in the air. Mio stood next to her, embarrassment evident on her face.

Stop it, Ritsu!” She elbowed her companion in the ribs in order to quiet her. After all this time, Mio still did not like attention. She pulled the other woman across the street when the light changed.

Oh my!” Mugi exclaimed happily, as she saw her friends. “I didn't think I'd run into you two here!” She hugged her friends. “Today is that day for you as well, isn't it?” The blonde asked cheerfully. The two nodded, Mio a faint blush on her cheeks, while Ritsu grinned widely.

The woman with the amber eyes took Mio's hand in her own and said, “Mio said we should play hooky today and go on an all day date.”

Mio looked on in horror before she turned to Mugi, a pleading look in her eyes, “N-no! That was her idea!” She then turned and cuffed Ritsu on the head. “Don't lie to her, you idiot!”

Ritsu grinned sheepishly as she rubbed her head. “Sorry, my idea.”

Mugi chuckled at the interaction between the two. 'Some things never change', she thought as she spoke up. “Well, well. It's nice to have a day off sometimes. Besides, it's a special day today.” She beamed at her friends.

Mio smiled at her gratefully, “It's all thanks to you, Mugi.” Mugi waved away her words, a tad embarrassed.

Ritsu placed a hand on the blonde's shoulder and in an uncharacteristically serious manner she added, “It's true. I'm happier than I've ever been. I love my friend Mio. And because of your words I'm able to love her in ways I could only dream of for years. So, thank you.” The enthusiastic drummer gave Mugi a hug, then nudged her.

So where are you off to in such a hurry? Got big plans for Sawa-chan, eh?” She grinned, the usual cheery expression returning to her face as she teased Mugi.

Mugi nodded, “Yes, I'm going to make dinner and I have a present for her.” She showed them the item, their mouths issuing a 'Whoa!' in unison. Mio marveled, “I think she will love it Mugi-chan!” On Ritsu's face was a thoughtful look, Mugi didn't fail to notice although the raven haired woman was oblivious. She thought happily to herself, 'Oh the things I set in motion!'

She did not get offended when they decided to get going, pleased instead they were spending time together. She could not help but turn and stare at them in a dreamy manner. They walked away, speaking to each other as if no one else in the world existed. Mugi sighed and thought to herself, 'Life is good'.

Still within shouting distance, Ritsu turned around and waved to Mugi, “Let's all get together this weekend, okay?” Mugi waved in acknowledgment before getting into her car.


-x-x-x-


For Mugi, no country was more romantic than Italy so it made sense that she would make an Italian meal. She prepared a salad, bruschetta, passatelli in brodo and golden fettucine before taking a quick shower. Setting two places at the dining table, she put the finishing touches on the torta claudia. Removing the apron, she adjusted the black dress she wore. It was a simple piece of clothing, the knee-length skirt fluttering around her thighs while the upper part clung to her waist and bust. The platinum necklace she wore around her neck hinted at the subtle creamy cleavage on display. She felt ready for anything.

As if by clockwork the front door opened and Sawako walked in. “I'm home.” She called out the customary greeting while taking off her shoes. Mugi stepped into the entryway and Sawako's eyes widened as a appreciative smile came to her face. “Wow”, she breathed.

Welcome home.” The younger woman greeted softly. With a wicked smile only Sawako was acquainted with, she asked, “Would you like dinner, a bath...or me?” The teacher's eyes glinted behind her glasses as she answered.

Do you even have to ask?” She pulled Mugi into her arms and kissed her in a manner that set the young woman's heart thumping.

Mugi pulled away, grabbing Sawako's hand in one of her own. “Too bad. We'll have dinner first.”

Sawako growled as she muttered, “Damn tease!”

Mugi laughed as the woman's words as she led the her into the dining room. Sawako was silent the moment they entered the room. Her eyes took in her girlfriend's efforts and became misty. The atmosphere in the space was intimate, before Sawako had arrived Mugi lit candles placed strategically around the room and turned off the lights. A romantic piano piece Mugi might or might not have performed in the past played in the background. The teacher swept Mugi into another hug.

Sensei...”, she gasped, “I can't...breathe...” Sawako loosened the hug but did not let Mugi go. She did not know what she had done to inspire such love in the younger woman but she wasn't going to question it. The only thing she could do that made the most sense was to return the younger woman's love and affection twice as much. She rubbed her lips against Mugi's, smiling.

Let's eat!”

Mugi nodded happily and turned to the kitchen in order to retrieve the dishes. “You stay here!” She warned Sawako, who took a seat. Mugi was surprisingly strict sometimes, especially about the smallest things. Despite her upbringing she did not act like someone who needed to be constantly served, instead she developed a habit of serving others, taking pleasure in their happiness and comfort. Sawako supposed that was one reasons she loved the younger woman so much.


As Mugi brought out the dishes Sawako's jaw dropped. All of the dishes Mugi had prepared reminded her of the vacation they had taken to Italy together the year before. They had sampled all of those and more during those sun filled days in a distant city filled with narrow streets and hospitable natives. After returning home she mentioned to the younger woman how much she missed the food there. Mugi had simply smiled and said, “We can always go back.” But the teacher didn't exactly have the time off for further travel and neither did Mugi who was preparing to take over Kotobuki Industries at her father's persistence.

The last thing Mugi brought to the table was a bottle of fine white wine. She poured them each a glass before they began eating. Sawako praised Mugi's culinary prowess as she tasted each dish. They spoke of their day, Sawako's prepping for a new influx of students, club activities, Mugi's meeting with her father and running into their friends, each offering a comment here and there but listening to the other attentively. Mugi remarked how her father had practically chased her out of the offices when he realized what day it was.

She laughed as she pondered how much of a closet romantic he could be at times and shared the thought with Sawako. Looking back there was a time when she thought none of this could happen. This, meaning years together with the woman she loved by her side. She had taken a huge gamble after spending the night for the first time at the older woman's apartment. Leaving for home the next morning she went straight to her parents, nerves readied as she informed them of her love for another woman.

Her parents weren't particularly thrilled at the idea in the beginning, her father especially opposed since it meant he would not receive a son-in-law or grandchild to pass the company onto. But while they were away a lot on business when Mugi was growing up it did not mean they were bad parents. They came around, loathe to restrict their daughter, especially from something that caused her happiness. She was their only child after all and they did not want to live their lives apart from hers.

Mugi proposed a toast and their glasses clinked as they wished each other a happy anniversary.

To five years together.” Sawako declared.

To many, many more.” Mugi added with a smile. The teacher nodded in agreement. The wine was excellent and so they sat together on the couch and drank almost all of it after cleaning up. They cuddled speaking about any little topic that came to their minds. After a while their sentences slowed down. Mugi promptly fell asleep in the arms of the teacher and Sawako smirked. She lightly traced her finger across Mugi's lips and nose just to tease a reaction from the sleeping young woman but soon enough she yawned as well.


-x-x-x-


Mugi awoke to a darkened apartment, a pain in her neck and Sawako muttering in her sleep. '...thas good tea...buh where's the cake?' The blonde giggled, years later the teacher was still a constant source of amusement. Gingerly, she moved until she settled into the woman's lap, straddling her. 'No tea or cake', she thought to herself, 'but I'm sure Sawako won't mind.'

She placed a kiss on the sleeping woman's neck, then her lips. Seeing no reaction from her girlfriend she gently bit an ear before kissing her once more on the lips. She nibbled on Sawako's lower lip before lazily slipping her tongue into the woman's mouth. Sawako's eyes finally drifted open.

Mugi grinned in a satisfied manner. “Good morning.” She whispered, her lips inches away from Sawako's.

Mmm...What time is it?” The teacher asked.

I'd say around 1or 2 am.”

Going to bed?”

I'm thinking of taking a nice hot bath before I do.” Mugi answered as she pressed her body against the other woman. Sawako's lids lowered.

I think I might join you.” She told the blonde.

Are you sure?” Mugi asked, in a mock skeptical manner as she pulled away in order to stand up. After years with Sawako she knew how to play a game or two. She did learn from the master after all. And Mugi, still very much an avid student.

“Yes, I was just dreaming about you.” Sawako grinned at her sleepily.

Liar.” Mugi smirked, “I heard you, you spoke in your sleep. You were dreaming about cake.” She turned to walk away and Sawako wrapped her arms around her from behind.

Did I mention you look wonderful in that dress, Mugi-chan?” She placed a kiss on her girlfriend's shoulder hoping to distract her.

Don't change the subject, Sensei.” She shivered as Sawako lay more kisses on her neck, gradually making her way up to Mugi's jaw. The younger woman turned around and kissed her hard, leaving her breathless. If anyone had told her years ago that it would be Mugi making her feel this way right now she would have laughed them out the building. But it was Mugi who coaxed a slow flame into a raging inferno deep inside. The blonde pushed the woman back onto the couch and straddled her once more.

Mugi...” Sawako gasped as she felt the younger woman's heat on her legs. She had to touch her, delve into her hotness. Kissing Mugi's neck again, she suckled on the skin as her hands raced over her body finally arriving at the blonde's breasts. She massaged them, making Mugi cry out before they kissed, tongues battling. Pulling the blonde's dress down past her bosom, she bared perfect mounds that ached to be touched and kissed. Complying to the unspoken wishes she lovingly licked one then the other.

Mugi's eyes were closed, head flung back as she enjoyed Sawako's ministrations. She did not care if she appeared wanton, she only cared that the woman she loved, loved her the same way. Her breath quickened as she felt Sawako's hands on her legs, slipping under the dress to caress her thighs. The muscles under the skin of that area tensed, waiting for Sawako's hands to explore further. She urged the woman to touch her, to touch her there, moving her hips forward.

After what felt like a lifetime she felt Sawako's fingers lightly touch her, rubbing against her teasingly.

Please...” She moaned to the woman, who finally acquiesce by slipping her fingers within Mugi's wet warmth. She rode Sawako's digits, head thrown back, breathless, quickly coming as she passionately kissed the woman, their tongues echoing the dance of the fingers deep within her.

Eventually regaining their breath, they made their way to the bath, stripping along the way. Mugi reciprocated the teacher's actions from earlier until the hot water turned cold, prompting them to retire to the most comfortable spot in their home, the bed. Drifting off to sleep a thought floated by in Mugi's mind. She jolted upright and dashed from the room. Bewildered at first, Sawako chuckled at the sight of Mugi's bare bottom and flying blonde hair.

She returned with a small item in her hand, a sheepish look on her face.

Ah, I forgot to give you your gift earlier.” At the word gift Sawako stiffened.

Wait right here!” She told the younger woman, disappearing for a moment. Reappearing, with a small box as well she sat on the bed and they faced each other. Glancing at the gift in each others hand they had the same thought. 'It couldn't be!'

They handed over their gifts, wishing each other happy anniversary again.

Opening the boxes they each found a simple but beautiful platinum ring-of the same design.

Will you-” began Mugi.

Marry me.”Sawako said.

They gaped at each other then burst out in laughter.

Oh my goodness.” Mugi giggled, her hand in front of her mouth.

This is a gas!” Hooted Sawako, tears in her eyes.

They settled back into bed, arms around each other. Occasionally one would chuckle and set the other off. It was almost daybreak when they joined the sleeping masses, adorned in nothing but the rings on their fingers.


Back to Pale Gold Amidst Autumn Index - Back to K-ON! Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction