Pale Gold Amidst Autumn (part 2 of 5)

a K-ON! fanfiction by Museless

Back to Part 1

Chapter 2: A Date, First Date in Fact.


Mugi, I love you.” Sawako whispered, her breath tickling the young woman. Her arms were wrapped around Mugi, the girl's head resting on Sawako's shoulder. When Sawako spoke her voice teased Mugi's skin and sent shivers up her spine. They were in the clubroom again, tea for two on the pushed together desks. The school was quiet, light from the setting sun cast a golden glow on everything it touched. Mugi's heart thundered in her chest and slowly a deep ache was starting to build within her.

I love you too, Sensei.”

She looked up into Sawako's eyes and saw an echo of the desire she felt inside. Deciding that was enough of an answer she pressed her body against the older woman and kissed her on the lips. Sawako kissed her back, her soft lips insistent, forceful even. Behind her closed eyelids, colors exploded and her hands grabbed at Sawako's back. Her hands clutched at the woman's blouse, wishing they were naked in order to feel Sawako's soft skin under her fingers.

The teacher's tongue glided over Mugi's lips and invaded her mouth. The girl returned the kiss with fervor. She gasped as she felt Sawako's hand on her breast suddenly. Mugi didn't pull away, instead she placed her hand atop Sawako's to show her that yes, this was what she wanted. Their lips finally separated, each panting for air, Sawako still kneading Mugi's breast. She leaned, placing a kiss on the girl's neck as she did so and Mugi groaned. Her hands traveled up to the teacher's head and she plunged her hands into the autumn colored mane, grabbing fistfuls of hair to keep her close.

Sennn...sei...” She moaned as Sawako bit her neck lightly before she placed a trail of kisses leading to Mugi's lips again. Mugi took the offensive this time, slipping her tongue between Sawako's lips, her feelings for the older woman poured into the kiss. They broke apart and Mugi whimpered as Sawako pushed her away. She almost protested until she noticed Sawako had undone the ribbon at her neck and was eagerly unbuttoning the young woman's shirt. The woman pushed her until she was laying back on the makeshift table with the teacups, blazer and shirt opened, her bra exposed.

Sawako bore a smirk as she kissed the bare skin behind Mugi's left ear before working her way down to her collar. Mugi's breath hitched in her throat as Sawako moved lower slowly. The ache in her was full force now. She could feel Sawako breathing against her breasts. Her nipples responded, standing at attention through the thin fabric of her lacy undergarment. Sawako gently bit down on a nipple through the cloth and Mugi cried out.

Sawako looked up at her and asked teasingly,”Isn't this what you want, Ojou-sama?” Mugi moaned again, loudly as Sawako bent over her again-

“Ojou-sama!!”


Mugi's eyes flew open as she realized a maid was knocking on her door while calling out to her.

Yes?” She answered rather shakily, trying to catch her breath as she sat up.

Are you okay in there, Ojou-sama? It sounded as if you were having a bad dream.” The maid asked, apparent concern in her voice. Mugi never cursed in her entire life but she was tempted to at that exact moment.

N-No, no. Everything is fine.” She sighed as she buried her hot face in her hands.

Okay, please excuse me, I'll be going then.” Doubt was very much evident in the maid's voice but what could she do but listen to her young mistress and let her be. Footsteps retreated down the corridor and Mugi flopped back onto the bed as she thought back to the dream. Her heartbeat doubled as her face flushed, her hand tentatively atop the breast Sawako kissed in the dream. What she wouldn't give to experience the dream in its entirety. She'd never be able to look at Sawako again without remembering the kisses and touching. But the most persistent thing at the moment was the throbbing between her legs. She looked at the clock; six-thirty a.m.

She sighed again and thought to herself, 'I guess it isn't too early to take a cold shower.'


It was a Saturday. Graduation was a few days ago and Mugi had completed all preparations for university. All that was left was to enjoy the rest of the break. Mugi had not seen Sawako since graduation day although they kept in contact via emails. She was tempted to email Sawako but it was still very early. She wasn't very sleepy after the cold shower and so she decided to have breakfast and play around on her keyboard. She ate very little of the western style omelette the chef prepared. Although it was delicious, she couldn't taste a thing. Her mind kept recounting the dream and so all she could think of were Sawako's hands and lips everywhere. While it wasn't the first dream she had of Sawako, it was the first of its kind. In the other dreams they exchanged chaste kisses.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She gasped and dropped her chopsticks. The sound of the utensils clattered against the dish as Mugi scrambled for her phone. The maid in attendant raised a questioning eyebrow. Although curious, she knew better than to ask why the ojou-sama was acting so strangely today. Then it struck her that perhaps the young lady was in love. She smiled to herself and stole a glance at her young mistress. The look on Mugi's face confirmed the maid's guess.

Mugi's smile was radiant, her eyes sparkling as she looked at the phone. It was a message from Sawako, it read; Good morning Mugi-chan, sorry to disturb you so early. Do you have anything planned today? If not, would you like to spend it with me? She wasted no time in responding to Sawako, notifying the woman that yes, she was free and yes, she would love to spend the day with her.

Sawako wrote back, Great!I will pick you up in an hour. Dress casually.


Mugi perused her closet, regretting the fact that she did not have any jeans unlike her other friends. She decided on a simple white skirt that reached mid-calf, comfortable sandals and a short sleeved pale blue top. She completed the look by putting up her hair in a ponytail. She finished dressing just as Sawako pulled up into the driveway. Grabbing her purse she bid farewell to the butler, informing him that she'd be out the entire day; not to worry about any meals. He bowed before closing the door behind her.

She walked briskly to Sawako's car and got in quickly, thrilled to be so close to the woman. She would have kissed her on the lips but decided against it since they were still sitting in plain view of the courtyard. There were too many eyes about. She was also too shy to instigate such a move so early. She flushed pink at her thoughts but smiled brightly at Sawako. The older woman tilted her head, her rich brown eyes twinkling as they met Mugi's. “Good morning, Mugi-chan. You look very nice.” She reached over and grasped the younger woman's hand gently, squeezing.

Mugi's face felt red hot as she choked out a response of thanks. The touch of the older woman brought the dream back full force and she didn't trust herself to say anything else. The nerve endings of her hand where Sawako touched her suddenly felt electrified. Sawako still wore the same smile she greeted Mugi with as she let go before placing both hands back on the wheel and driving off.

They were already out of the Kotobuki estate and a few blocks away when Mugi finally spoke. “Ah, Sensei, what are we doing today?” Sawako looked pleased at her question. “It's a surprise.” She answered a moment later. “So, did you sleep well Mugi?” The girl gasped at the question, 'it was if Sawako had read her mind!', she thought.

The woman turned to look at her and noticed her bright red face. “I slept fine Sensei, thank you.” She answered thinking perhaps at a later date she might share the contents of her dream. Sawako sensed Mugi held something back but she wouldn't push her. Not now anyway, she smirked to herself internally. She lowered the windows of the vehicle as they entered the highway, the breeze catching her hair, strands snapping and dancing in the wind. She looked over at Mugi.

Do you mind?” She asked. Mugi had a smile of wonderment on her face as she stared at Sawako. She shook her head and simply answered, “No, it's beautiful today. The breeze feels good.” Sawako suddenly felt like laughing as the wind snapped at her clothing. She reached over and took Mugi's hand in her own and the girl tightened her grip. She did laugh out loud this time. She usually loved the feeling of driving with her windows down but today felt flawless, with Mugi's warm hand in her own as they sped down the highway.

Mugi had never felt so happy, the sun was out, the wind not too cool. She had come very close to this feeling, with her friends especially after they successfully completed a live show. She grasped Sawako's free hand in both of her own and continued staring at the beautiful woman's profile. Slowly her lids lowered, a most content smile on her face.


Mugi awoke to the sound of waves crashing upon the shore. She wondered where she was, certainly not on her bed. Her bed had never felt so warm and comforting before with arms wrapping about her...

Arms?! She thought to herself as she struggled to sit upright. The top of her head connected with something hard.

Oww!!”

Mugi looked around, horrified to see Sawako clutching her chin. “Sensei!!” She cried out, reaching out to help while noting faint pain atop her head.

Sawako tried to smile at her reassuringly, but her eyebrow twitched. She then saw the distress on Mugi's face and shook her annoyance at the pain away. It hadn't been Mugi's fault, she was startled awake after all. She rubbed her chin, assuring the girl that it was fine. Mugi pulled her hands away so she could get a better look.

I'm so sorry, Sawako-sensei!” She gently brushed the teacher's chin. The skin around the area was a little red but fine otherwise. Mugi impulsive leaned in and kissed the red skin. Instead of pulling away she kissed it again, this time the contact between her lips and Sawako's skin lasting longer. Her breathing slowed as the woman's hand came up behind her head, lifting it so they could look into each others eyes. Blue met brown, both drifting closed slowly as their lips came together. Sawako shifted in order to find a more comfortable position while pulling Mugi closer to her.

They broke apart when Sawako's elbow pressed against the car horn and a blast of sound interrupted them. Sitting up and looking around sheepishly, they check to see if anyone noticed the cacophony. Mugi giggled at the silliness of the situation before she realized she was staring into the bluest sky, waves dashing about at its feet. She looked at Sawako and the woman grinned at her.

Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!” She opened her door and hopped out, then waited for Mugi to get out as well before she took off towards the waves. Mugi followed at a more sedate pace, eying the way Sawako's jeans clung to her rear. She was in this beautiful place and all she could notice was the teacher. She smiled to herself, pleased at the woman's exuberance. Sawako turned around and noticed Mugi's slow pace. She came back and grabbed the younger woman's hand, walking side by side with her this time.

They walked down to the sand, Mugi glancing at Sawako before she spoke. “It's so pretty here, thank you for bringing me.” Sawako looked down at her feet, a rare bashful expression on her face as she contemplated the reason why she loved this particular beach. Romance was not her forte despite being a few years older than Mugi.

“You're welcome.” She glanced at Mugi and then away, “I used to come here often with my friends in high school. It was like a second home.” She continued her voice softer, “But it's only lately that I realized the blue of the sky and water reminds me of your eyes.” She didn't look at the girl as she admitted the last part. Mugi didn't say anything and Sawako berated herself, Geez, you cornball! How cheesy was that shit?! She looked at the waves, at the sand, anywhere but the girl and was surprised when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. Mugi was hugging her. She hugged back. They stood there for a while, simply enjoying the feeling of each other as the wind blew over and around them. The sun shone down on their heads and seagulls screeched, vying to be heard over the sound of the waves.

A large rumble erupted from Mugi's midsection and the girl pulled back, her face the reddest Sawako had ever seen. Sawako snickered and Mugi's giggles filled the air. “Gomen...I didn't eat much this morning.”

Let's have lunch.” Sawako said simply as she drew the younger woman back to the car.


They continued down the road in the same direction they traveled earlier and Mugi was surprised to find Sawako was pulling over not ten minutes later. A low-slung building sat about a hundred feet away. The sign outside said ramen in big chalk letters. They walked towards the ramen shop, the breeze and the blue ocean at their backs. As they entered the establishment a man in the back looked up and caught sight of Sawako.

Well, well, if it isn't Sawa-chan!”

The teacher smiled and called out in mock incredulity “Oji-san, you're still here making lousy ramen?!”

The man smirked and shot back, “And you're still a brat!” They laughed as Mugi stood to the side, smiling as she witnessed the good-natured exchange.

Ooh, but who is this cute ojou-chan?” The man asked as he switched his attention to Mugi. She bowed politely and introduced herself. Sawako added they were visiting the beach and couldn't leave without stopping to get some of the best ramen she ever had. The man nodded, smiling and got to work preparing their food. They chose a table near a window and chatted about nothing in particular while waiting for their food. A young girl Mugi's age came over to ask what they wanted to drink. Sawako decided to have a beer and Mugi wondered if she should try one as well. Sawako shrugged her shoulders in a be my guest gesture although she had a feeling Mugi might not like the taste of the beverage.

To Sawako's surprise Mugi drank the entire bottle although it took her the whole meal to finish it. Mugi's streak of determination surprised Sawako but what surprised her more was the fact that girl was such a lightweight. A pink hue graced her cheeks and she giggled at everything Sawako said while they ate. The older woman would have found it annoying if it was another girl but because it was Mugi she found it cute. Although she did vow to herself to keep Mugi away from anything stronger. They said goodbye to the oji-san, Mugi thanking him for the wonderful ramen. He made them promise to visit again before letting them walk out the door.

Mugi leaned on the other woman as they walked to the car. “Sawa-chan?”

'Sawa-chan'?! She had a feeling of deja-vu but brushed it aside to answer, “Yes, Mugi?” The girl had her eyes closed, her cheeks still flushed with pink.

Let's go play in the water!” Blue eyes met hers,a little dazed but happiness shone through. She couldn't refuse her if she tried. She kissed the tip of Mugi's nose. “Alright, let's go!”



They sat in the sand, Mugi's back braced against Sawako's front, the older woman's arms and legs around her. They played in the water to their hearts content, splashing each other but trying not to get too wet since they didn't have extra clothes. After they played, Sawako found a blanket in her car. It was now wrapped around the two of them. The effects of the beer had worn off Mugi a long time ago. Now they just sat and enjoyed the ocean while the setting sun turned everything shades of gold and orange.

The light made Mugi remember the dream with Sawako. The feeling it brought back made her think that it would be alright if they did those things, in fact she'd greatly enjoy it. She sighed.

Something wrong?” Sawako asked close to her ears.

No, nothing's wrong.” Mugi answered sweetly, “It's just right.” Sawako smiled as she drew the blanket closer around them.

Onwards to Part 3


Back to Pale Gold Amidst Autumn Index - Back to K-ON! Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction