The Power of Fate (part 4 of 13)

a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni fanfiction by MousE0910

Back to Part 3

The Power of Evil

Hanyuu only stood there on shock, unable to move as Rika absorbed the artifact into herself. She couldn't believe it. It just wasn't possible. Rika shouldn't be able to absorb the artifact. That was Hanyuu's fate, not Rika's. Hanyuu saw Rika fall to the ground with a grunt.

"Rika, all you alright?" Hanyuu said, while she was going to Rika. "Rika..."

Hanyuu stretched her hand to assure Rika but suddenly, a bright light emitted from Rika and she screamed inhumanly. Hanyuu covered her ears but it was of no use... It felt like the scream pierced her very brain. It was unbearable.

Finally, Rika stopped screaming and the light changed from bright to dark. Rika started floating and the black light enshrouded her. Hanyuu could see Rika floating in the air, her mouth open in a silent scream. The wound on her leg has been completely healed. Her hair floated away from her head, as if Rika was in water. In the place of her eyes and tongue, there was only darkness. Rika let out one final shriek, before collapsing to the ground. The black light disappeared.

"Rika!" Hanyuu rushed to help Rika get up. "Rika, are you alright? What happened? How are you feeling?"

Rika didn't answer. She just stared to the ground unresponsively.

"Rika, please answer me! Are you alright?" Hanyuu asked her friend urgently. "How are you feeling?"

Rika raised her head and Hanyuu stared right into her eyes. She saw that Rika's eyes were glowing with bright red and gasped in fear. Those eyes...

"I feel... Great!" And with that, Rika stretched her arm in Hanyuu's direction. Hanyuu began rising in the air, until she was at the same level as Rika's arm.

"What is happening? What are you doing Rika?"

"Shut your mouth! You annoy me!" Rika said and waved her arm to the side. Hanyuu was flung in the same direction and landed hardly on the ground. She wiped blood from her mouth.

"What are you doing Rika? How can you even have such powers? What is going on? Why are you doing this to me?"

"I said shut up!" Rika yelled and Hanyuu could again feel herself being lifted from the ground.

"Rika, think about what you're doing. This isn't you. It's the power of the artifact. You're not evil."

"Blah, blah, blah. You're pretty stupid, huh? You should've kept quiet, now I'm going to kill you." With her other hand, Rika used her newly gained telekinesis powers to lift a sharp metal pipe. She rotated it in air for a while, and then she flung it at Hanyuu. Hanyuu closed her eyes.

"Well, this is the end. I'm going to die and Rika is going to be possessed by Evil for the rest of her life. Everything's my fault. I should've been more careful. I'm not worthy being called a god when I'm not even able to protect the ones I love." Hanyuu prepared for the impact and... Nothing happened.

Hanyuu opened her eyes and saw the piece of metal floating in the air few inches before her.

"What? What is happening? Why can't I kill you? What is this?" Rika slammed Hanyuu to the ground and picked the metal pipe.

"Die!" She screamed while stabbing wildly at Hanyuu. The pipe always stopped a little before it could hit her.

"Damn! Looks like I can't kill you because we share some bond. What a pity. Well, if I can't kill you, I will enslave you instead." Rika laughed maniacally. She lifted Hanyuu with her telekinesis again and started going back down the road. Hanyuu was floating right behind her.

"What do you think you're doing Rika? Fight the Evil. You can do it. I believe in you."

"You just don't know when to shut up, do you?" Rika growled at Hanyuu and slammed her to the ground. Hanyuu landed right on her face and almost broke her nose. She thought it would be best not to provoke Rika anymore. Although Rika couldn't kill her, she could make her suffer.

After a long walk, luckily for Hanyuu without any other 'incidents', they got to the Furude Shrine. Rika unlocked the door and got in. She then went to a chest and retrieved several ropes and some stripes of cloth from it.

"Good, with this, you won't bother me anymore." Rika said while she tied Hanyuu up.

"Rika, stop! It's not too late! I can help you!" Hanyuu screamed desperately.

"Help? I don't need any help." Rika laughed and gagged Hanyuu with a piece of cloth.

"You'll just stay here, while I'll go and have some fun, OK?" Rika asked with a cruel grin.

"Mfmmph..."

"Oh, that's right, you can't talk. Too bad for you. Enjoy your stay. It will be a long one!" Rika laughed evilly and went to the door. She reached at the door knob, when she was stopped by an invisible barrier.

"What is this? Is that your doing?" Rika shouted at Hanyuu.

Hanyuu wiggled her head desperately. Rika tried to reach the door again. The barrier was still there. Suddenly, the barrier disappeared. Rika moved closer to the door, only to encounter the barrier again.

"Why did the barrier moved?" Rika looked behind herself and saw that Hanyuu has managed to get a little closer to her. Rika understood then.

"Well, aren't you the lucky one. Not only I can't kill you, I can't even separate you from myself. Well, I guess you can watch me having fun. But I can't have you talking, you would scare people. And we don't want that, do we? I'll untie you and remove the gag, but you won't make a single sound if I don't permit you. If you do, I'll take you back here and use some of these wonderful torture devices on you. I can't kill you, but I can cut something off you. I can be pretty creative. Do you understand?"

Rika removed the gag and started untying Hanyuu. "Well? I asked something and I expect an answer.

"Yes, I understand."

"There's one more thing. Whenever we are in private, you'll address me as 'Mistress' or 'Mistress Rika'. Do you understand?"

"Yes... Mistress Rika"

"Good. Now come with me." Rika waved her hand at Hanyuu and started off to the night.

"When did everything went so wrong? This shouldn't be happening. I'll have to tell Keiichi, he was the key to beating Fate, maybe he is the key to saving Rika." Hanyuu was shrouded in her thoughts when she was slammed to the ground by an invisible force.

"I'm linked with you, so I can read your thoughts. I'm disappointed." Rika stepped on Hanyuu's arm, crushing it painfully. Hanyuu sobbed in pain. "I'm so kind that I untie you and allow you to go with me and this is how you repay me? You dare plot against me?" Rika applied more force on Hanyuu's arm. Hanyuu screamed in pain.

"Ouch, it hurts. Please, stop. It hurts. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Hanyuu felt Rika's leg lift off her arm and sighed in relief only to squeal again at a new pain when Rika stomped on her other arm.

"You forgot something." Rika said through gritted teeth while she was stomping on Hanyuu's arm.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Hanyuu wailed in agony.

"I'm sorry-what?" Rika kicked Hanyuu in the ribs.

Hanyuu shrieked in pain. "I'm sorry, Mistress! I'm sorry! Please, don't hurt me anymore!"

"That's better."

Rika lifted her foot from Hanyuu.

"Get up." Rika ordered.

"Au...Au..." Hanyuu wailed on the ground.

"I said get up!" Rika lifted Hanyuu with her telekinesis and flung her forward.

Hanyuu landed on all four and the landing made her realize where she really was.

"Here we are." Rika said with an evil smile.

Hanyuu quickly stood up and looked at the Furude Estate.

The door slammed open and Satoko came out in her pajamas.

"Ah, Rika. Where have you been? I thought I heard some screams and crying."

"Mii... It's nothing Satoko. Hanyuu just misbehaved herself, so I had to torture her a little to let her know her place. Nipaa."

Satoko stared at Rika in disbelief.

"What are you sa-" Satoko was flung into the estate in the middle of her sentence.

"I won't bother with any explanation. You wouldn't understand anyway." Rika mocked Satoko while laughing.

Rika entered the estate and Hanyuu came right behind.

"Close and lock the door." Rika ordered. Hanyuu did as Rika said. She had already given up, just like before. Deep inside, Hanyuu always knew that nobody could beat Fate. Nobody. Not even a petty god like herself.

"Now, Satoko, where did I end? Oh, that's right. I wanted to practice my abilities a little. Let's start with a simple test." Rika lifted Satoko into the air and then slammed her into a wall. Then again. And again. Again. Again. Every time, she used a little more force than before. She was pleased when she heard a bone crack, but unfortunately for Rika, Satoko has fallen unconscious long ago.

"Damn! This is no fun! Wake up!" Rika grabbed Satoko and shook with her. "Come on! Wake up!"

Then she got an idea. Rika remembered that her leg healed when she absorbed the artifact. She concentrated her energy into Satoko. Her hands began to glow bright blue. The bruises on Satoko began to heal. Rika could feel the splintered bone being fixed. Satoko woke up with a startle and saw Rika's large evil grin.

"Rika? What are you doing?" Satoko's eyes grew large when she remembered what happened.

"NO! Leave me alone! Don't kill me!"

"Oh, don't be mistaken. I won't kill you. You're my precious guinea pig." Rika grinned evilly at Satoko. "Now, let's continue."

Meanwhile, Hanyuu looked from the window, not wanting to see those horrible things Rika was doing to Satoko. However, she couldn't close her ears to Satoko's screams.

"Au... Why...? Why did this have to happen?"

Hanyuu heard another bone crack. Poor Satoko.

"This is so fun!" Rika thought while she crouched to Satoko with her hands glowing. The night was only beginning. Rika's heart was beating fiercely at the thought of everything she would do to Hanyuu and Satoko.

"Oh yes. It will be a long night, don't you think Hanyuu? Please, come here and join us, would you kindly?" Rika laughed at her own joke.

Hanyuu nodded her head. "Yes, Mistress..." Hanyuu slowly made her way to Rika and Satoko, accepting her fate.

Onwards to Part 5


Back to The Power of Fate Index - Back to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction