Old Habits

a Strawberry Panic fanfiction by Shawntail

Untitled Document

Normal: spoken words

Italics: dreams or thoughts

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rokujo Miyuki was dreaming again. Every night since her graduation, she dreamt. Never the same dream, but always the same person. Every time she woke up, she immediately forgot the dream, but never that one person that played the leading roll, always.

Miyuki sighed in her sleep and rolled over, throwing her blanket on the floor, revealing her pale, delicate looking skin, illuminated by a ray of moonlight, seeping into her bedroom through half-closed curtains.

She murmured something incoherent for a few minutes, something that sounded like a prayer, a wish, a plead even, untill one word violently made it’s way out of her mouth, springing from her lips in a desperate tone.

‘SHIZUMA!!’’

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SHIZUMA! Stop it, Shizuma!’

Miyuki frowned as she watched her best friend Shizuma walk into the bathroom. Miyuki, who was just taking a bath, couldn’t believe that she’d just walked in without knocking. Yes, Shizuma was something else, she enjoyed making Miyuki blush or feel uncomfortable by cusualy brushing her hands over her body, pretending she reached next Miyuki to pick something up. Also whispering intimate things into Miyuki’s ear was something she enjoyed, knowing that such things would make her friend blush madly.

Yet, she’d never walked into Miyuki like that when the student council president wasn’t dressed…

Shizuma herself occasionaly ‘forgot’ to button up her uniform, she knew that it would only ad to her flirtasious behaviour, something she’d grown famous, yes even notorious for.

Miyuki glared at the walking revelation of sexyness, who was now sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

The blond goddess simply grinned and reached for the soap.

Want me to wash you off?’

Miyuki began shaking her head violently but knew from the moment she saw the impish smile on Shizuma’s face it was a lost cause; once the blonde had set her mind on something, she was impossible to stop. Miyuki knew, and yet she was always caught off guard.

She scolded herself mentally, but was pulled back into reality as Shizuma kneeled down next to the tub and began soaping her back.

Miyuki swallowed and tensed. Shizuma however, sensed her friend’s uneasynes and laid a friendly hand on her shoulder.

Calm down Miyuki, allow yourself to relax every once in a while, enjoy it.’

She gently continued the soaping and washed the foam off while massaging Miyuki’s tense muscles in her neck.

You really should take a break Miyuki, you’re a nervous wreck!’

The caring tone in her voice caried something else…concern, perhaps? Or something more…lovingly?

No, no, Miyuki shook her head again; there was no way Shizuma could have those feelings for her, she was in love with Nagisa-chan! They were happy together, she shouldn’t interfere, she shouldn’t let Shizuma do this.

She shrugged, brushing off Shizuma’s hands, trying to maintain her cool. She turned her head now facing her blonde friend as the later watched her closely.

Stop acting like this, Shizuma! Think about Nagisa-chan!’

Shizuma blinked and laid down the bar of soap.

It’s over between us, I told you yesterday…don’t you remember? Really, Miyuki, that memory of yours!’

She grinned however and propped up on her elbows, her face only inches away from Miyuki’s.

Do you know who finished it?’

Miyuki swallowed and shook her head, not really sure if she wanted to hear this.

I did…and you know why?’

Now Miyuki was sure she didn’t want to hear the rest and she began to rise up from the water to exit the bathtub, when Shizuma forcefully grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into the water.

Miyuki yelped as her friend, wet from the water that had splashed her clothing, caught her chin between her fingers and pulled her face closer.

Because I think there’d be someone else, that would be very happy if I did this…

In a matter of seconds, Shizuma closed the gap between her face and Miyuki’s and gently pressed her lips against her friend’s.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

‘Shizuma!!’

Miyuki woke up and nearly thumbled out of her bed. Breathing heavily, she shivered and rubbed her own arms. During the night, her blankets had slid to the floor; offering the blue haired girl no protection from the cold as her nightgown lay unused on the floor.

Miyuki refused to put it on. It was a gift from her fiancé…now her husband. Unconsciously, she reached for the ring that now belonged on her left ringfinger. She turned it around a couple of times, biting her lip as she heard familiar noises coming from the room below her own. Her husband had returned from the party he’d attended and obviously, he had brought some company.

Miyuki didn’t care for it, though.

She’d refused to sleep with him, even on their so-called first night. O, he had tried enough times to sneak into her bed the first couple of weeks, but Miyuki’d always banned him from her room and after a few weeks, he’d brought his first mistress into her house.

Yes, her house, for she came from a very wealthy family and had inherited this house from her grandfather, who’d been really fond of her.

She also knew her husband had only married her because of the arrangements between his family and her own. He didn’t love her, and knew she didn’t love him.

The only reason they stayed together was; for him to keep her father’s bussines in his hands.

Miyuki’s reason was that she’d be banned if she divorced him. She would be disinherited and without a good diploma or job, she’d be left standing in the cold.

Of course she’d finished Astrea’s with the highest grades, but she hadn’t gone to university.

She’d asked if she could attend after her marriage, but her husband refused to let her go.

Now, 3 months after her graduation, Miyuki found herself alone in her bed, every night again haunted by nightmares.

I wonder how Shizuma’s doing? I haven’t heard from her in a long time. Perhaps…I should call her…

Miyuki glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall. Half past 4 in the morning; Shizuma would kill her if she’d call this early. She wouldn’t even answer the phone, knowing her.

She could still leave a message though, Miyuki thought as she reached for the phone.

Even if she’s mad at me, it would still be good to hear her voice…I miss her so much…

Just as Miyuki picked up the phone, it went.

Startled she almost let it drop, but managed to catch it before it fell on the ground.

Who on earth could that be?!


Back to Strawberry Panic Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction