To Fix Broken Wings (part 9 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Back to Part 8 Untitled Document

The next morning, Zoey woke to the smell of waffles. She climbed out of bed and realized she was still in Dawn and Ash's apartment room. 'I guess I forget I was here for a moment...after all that happened last night...' Zoey thought as she headed to the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower and getting dressed, Zoey walked into the small kitchen. A plate with waffles for her was already at the table. Dawn and Ash were already seated and eating. "Good morning, Zoey!" Dawn exclaimed happily, "How was your first night in our apartment?"

Zoey started cutting up one of the waffles as she said, "It was good. Thank you so much for taking me after the accident. You didn't really have to, either..." Dawn waved it off and replied, "Don't be silly! It was my pleasure! I hadn't seen you for so long, anyway! It really is nice to see you again, though..."

Zoey blushed and ate the rest of her breakfast in silence, with small glances at Ash every now and then. 'I wonder how he's gonna help me win Dawn's heart?' Zoey thought. When everyone had finished eating, Ash took the plates over to the sink and began cleaning.

"Ash always offers to clean after meals! He's so sweet!" Dawn said with a quick smile at Ash, who was busy at work. "You two go to the mall ahead of me! I'll catch up!" Ash called over his shoulder. Zoey winced. 'He never told me about going to the mall!' she thought nervously.

Suddenly, Dawn grabbed Zoey's hand and exclaimed, "Come on, Zoey! We'll take my car!" Zoey's face flushed deep red as she clenched Dawn's hand tightly and felt herself be practically dragged down the stairs. Once the two girls were gone, a smirk formed on Ash's lips.

He blew a low whistling sound and Pikachu came rushing into the room, its cheeks practically glowing with excitement. He pulled a small red cellphone out of his pocket and opened it. He scrolled down his list of phone numbers until it came to 'PAUL'.

Seeing that name brought back bad memories. A scene of Paul and Misty kissing flashed across Ash's mind before he dialed the number.

He held it up near his lips and said, "Hey, Paul. It's me, Ash. Listen, I was thinking...how about you and your girlfriend come and visit me and Dawn at the mall today? Plus, I think it's high time we have another battle. Anyway, even if you don't come, I still know where you live. So...see ya there."

Ash put his phone away and he couldn't even help but smile. His hand clenched tightly on the pokeballs attached to his belt. "Finally...I'll be able to win Misty back!"

Without wasting another second, Ash picked up Pikachu and rushed out the door. As he ran down the stairs, he didn't realize that not only did he forget to lock the door, but that someone was slowly entering the room.

That person pulled a small piece of paper and left it on the dinner table. And with that, the shadowy figure turned around and left, making sure to close the door on his way out. A victorious cackling laughter could be heard throughout the apartment afterwards... 

Onwards to Part 10


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction