To Fix Broken Wings (part 1 of 16)

a Pokemon fanfiction by Roxius

Untitled Document

"YOU'RE A DISGRACE!"

"Wah...but I...I...I'm 24, dad! I can do what I want!"

"SHUT UP! YOU ARE NOT MY DAUGHTER!"

"Ah...Wait! What are you saying?"

"MY DAUGHTER...MY DAUGHTER WOULDN'T LOVE OTHER GIRLS! IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!"

"Dad...I'm sorry...please..."

"NO! I AM NOT FORGIVING YOU THIS TIME! YOU HAVE RUINED THE FAMILY NAME WITH YOUR DISGUSTING ANTICS!"

"Dad, please! I won't do it again! I promise!"

"YOU PROMISE? HOW CAN I BELIEVE YOU? ALL THESE YEARS, I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPES FOR YOU! NOW...YOU'VE RUINED THEM ALL WITH YOUR LUST FOR WOMEN!"

"Dad, I didn't ruin anything! I can still make you proud!"

"BE QUIET, YOU INSOLENT WENCH! YOU HAVE DESTROYED MY RESPECT FOR YOU, MY ONLY DAUGHTER! I...I CANNOT HAVE YOU AROUND HERE ANY LONGER!"

"...!!"

"TAKE ALL THE SUPPLIES YOU NEED...THEN LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK! DO YOU UNDERSTAND? NEVER!!"

"DAD!!" 

Zoey's eyes snapped open and she sat up in bed, her entire naked body covered in sweat. She looked around and saw she was still in her hotel room at Hearthrome City. Zoey also noticed that Glameow was sleeping next to her.

As streaks of sunlight broke through the window curtains, Zoey gently scratched Glameow behind the ears and thought, 'It was just some bad memories, but I'm okay now...I'm okay...' Deep down, however, Zoey's entire being was shaken to the core by those old flashbacks.

Without even thinking, Zoey looked at her arms. Several deep cuts had been sliced into them. Some of the cuts were almost completely healed while others seemed fresh. Not wanting to wake up Glameow, Zoey quietly climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

Once there, she looked herself over in the mirror. Her entire body looked pale and clammy. Her breasts, which weren't even much to begin with, even seemed to have shriveled up. Her hair, once a bright red, now seemed to resemble a dull shade of pink.

'A lot has changed...since my last contest...' Zoey thought sheepishly. She opened up her bookbag on the counter and pulled out a long sharp knife. With a maniacal smirk, Zoey dug the blade deep into her skin. She clenched her teeth as she tried not to yell out in pain as she sliced at her arms.

"This is for the best...it's for the best..." she told herself. She dragged the knife swiftly across her arm like the bow of a violin.

Zoey watched as blood spilled from her arms and onto the floor, covering the white tiles with red crimson. Zoey cursed under her breath and thought, 'Dammit! Now I gotta clean that up before I leave!'

When she was finally done, Zoey quickly cleaned up all the blood. As she threw away a used paper towel, she suddenly felt light-headed. "Damn, I lost too much blood..." However, she was able to quickly shake it off.

"Meow!"

Zoey looked over her shoulder and saw Glameow smiling happily at her. Zoey returned the smile and returned Glameow to its PokeBall, saying, "We have a big day today, so it's good you got a lot of rest!"

After getting dressed and checking out of the hotel, Zoey stepped out into the city. She took in a deep breath and began to cross the road. Suddenly, just about halfway across the street, she suddenly felt something heavy hit her and she was slammed to the ground with extreme force.

Before losing consciousness, Zoey heard someone cry, "OH MY GOD! THAT GIRL JUST GOT HIT BY A CAR!!" 

Onwards to Part 2


Back to To Fix Broken Wings Index - Back to Pokemon Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction