Orange Petals (part 1 of 2)

a One Piece fanfiction by RxN

Untitled Document

Stormy 

            “It was not long until we had left Water 7, out of reach of Luffy’s incredible grandfather, Monkey D. Garp. Franky, our newest crew member, with our new ship, The Thousand Sunny, had safely launched us soaring through the air. All this chaos started when we had rescued our fellow crewmate, Nico Robin. How can I put this into words? Robin was a troubled child, like most of us on this ship was. She was alone for years, hardly trusting anyone until she met us. Thanks to Luffy, it was because of him she survived the incident at Alabasta. Although she was once a member of Baroque Works and our enemy, she seemed to have other motives and did not really mean for us to be harmed.”

            Nami had been writing in her own separate log journal to keep in touch with her thoughts on paper. She sharpened her pencil a little more as the lead was getting too stubby. Then, she continued her writing.

            “Anyway, about Robin – since she was a little girl, she was an archeologist on the now-demolished island of Ohara. Since joining our crew, she had actually been very good to us. Not once has she double crossed us like the rumors say. When we came to rescue her, it was then we convinced her that we do trust her, despite what the whole world had said. Robin…is also a very beautiful lady.”

            It was there Nami paused, looking at the moon outside her cabin window. She sighed as she thought about her friend and crewmate. They’ve been through quite a bit in the past already, good and bad. Nami’s pencil rested in her hand as she twittered with it, getting lost in her thoughts. Her subconscious began to write for her as she was thinking.

            “Her raven black hair, elegant eyes and alluring figure…she’s just…elegant.”

            She said aloud, leaning back in her chair now. Nami sighed again. The thought of Robin couldn’t leave her mind. The embrace she and Robin shared when she returned to the ship earlier that day – the feeling, the closeness, the warmth – was all coming back to her. Setting her pencil down and closing her log, Nami slid down her chair a little, kind of stressing over her thoughts. Nami won’t lie to herself about it. She liked Robin a lot. However, it made Nami a little scared. She never thought she’d had this attraction towards any girl before. The closest to that in the past was Vivi, but without the other girl here now, Nami couldn’t see any development. Suddenly, a knock on her cabin door caused Nami to sit up.

            “Luffy, go back to bed.”

            She ordered. This happened many a times before that their captain would wake in the middle of the night for food. But little did Nami know, tonight, that was not the case at all. Another knock at the door occurred. Nami stood up, annoyed, and stormed towards the door when suddenly she felt a tug on her shirt. She suddenly became surprised and made haste to open up the door.

            “Good evening, Ms. Navigator.”

            “…Robin.”

            Nami had to take a second to realize the situation. She also pouted a little after Robin mentioned her little nickname. The darker woman smiled and giggled.

            “Am I interrupting anything?”

            “N-no not at all…come in. What’s keeping you up this late, Robin? If it was about everything earlier—“

            “Don’t worry; I really owe all of you my life. I’m just glad I’m alive after all.”

            Robin took a seat on Nami’s bed, Nami sat beside the other and repeated herself.

            “So what are you doing here?”

            “Isn’t alright for girls to be together?” Robin smiled, “with all the boys fast asleep, it is nice to have some peace and quiet.”

            “Is that so?” Nami questioned, then smiling with Robin, agreeing with the raven-haired woman. “Well, someone has to put them in line.”

            “And you do a fine job at doing so. Sometimes…” Robin rested her head in the palm of her hand, then looked at Nami, “…I feel like it should be you who is captain of this ship.”

            Nami was taken by surprise by the comment.

            “Me? O-oh no, but why think that?”

            “The way you bark orders at the boys, it can be misleading. The fact that our captain is not often too bright does not help, either. You on the other hand, Miss Navigator, bring a sense of order around here. You’re pretty amazing.”

            Nami smiled, but tried to force it away. Her mind was telling her not to smile, but her heart could not resist a compliment coming from Robin, which put Nami in a funny position. Robin giggled.

            “What’s the matter? You’ve never had that kind of comment before?”

            “Nope, never. You would be the first.” Nami said as she looked away from Robin for a moment. Little did she know, the other girl scooted a little closer, leaning over.

            “Nami…”

            “Yes…?”

            Suddenly, Nami felt Robin’s hand touch her cheek, pulling her into contact with the woman’s soft lips. The orange-haired girl felt like her heart stopped beating and that she was frozen in time. Robin’s hand still rested on Nami’s cheek, opposite to the side which was kissed. Robin gently pulled her lips away from Nami’s skin as a soft audible click sounded. Nami felt her face blush red and she turned her eyes to Robin, who only smiled sweetly, innocently.

            “Am I…your first kiss, as well?”

            “…”

            Nami was at a loss for words. She could not even bring herself to speak. All the two of them did for what seemed like hours, was stare into the other’s eyes. Subconsciously, Nami was leaning forward, closer to Robin and vice versa. Their lips puckered and finally made contact with one another’s. A soft moan was heard between the closed sections of their lips. Each little movement empowered the next as Nami soon found herself lying on top of Robin, who now lay flat on the bed. Nami looked deeply into Robin’s eyes and managed to speak. She raised her index finger up and onto Robin’s lips, gently tracing them. Robin exhaled quietly as she moaned. Nami spoke in a whisper.

            “You’re…my very first.”

            Nami lowered her lips back onto Robin’s, adding fuel to the fire of passion. For a moment, she pulled back, and then licked the woman’s lips. Not wanting to miss out, Robin returned the favor.

            “Ah…Robin…”

            Robin paused, a little disappointed by the sudden break.

            “Yes…? Is there something wrong…?”

            “I…no, nothing is wrong. It’s just…I mean, Robin…I really do like you. A-and even though…we’re already about to…you know…is this really, alright? W-what if the boys found out…?”

            Robin smiled, finding Nami’s mixed emotions of concern and indecisiveness rather cute. “Nami, this can be our little secret - strictly between us. If someone does find out, I’ll think of a way to keep them silent.” She said as she placed a finger over Nami’s lips, tracing it as Nami was doing to her earlier. Robin felt the girl breathe warmly and slightly heavily. “I really like you too, Nami…now…mmh.”

            She was interrupted as Nami wrapped her mouth around Robin’s finger and played with it using her tongue. The girl began to suck on it as she moved her head up and down Robin’s finger. Robin marveled at what she was seeing. The sensation felt great as she pressed and brushed her finger around Nami’s slippery tongue.

            “I-Is this really…y-you’re first time…a-ah…?”

            Nami nodded and continued their deep kiss from moments ago.

            “Honest…am I your first, Robin?

            Robin nodded back, breathing heavily.

            “Honest, Nami…I love you.”

            “I love you too, Robin…more…”

            The two continued their erotic kisses, as they wrapped themselves in each other’s arms. Soon enough, Robin felt a hand gently squeeze her breast. She let out a louder moan, but was luckily muffled by Nami’s lips. Robin eventually realized that Nami was becoming the more dominant of the two, which was what she wanted. She wanted to experience that side of Nami. The raven-haired woman smiled as she felt her shirt unbutton, and then feeling Nami’s bare hands resting on her breasts. For someone who claims to have no experience with this kind of thing is surprising, which can be said for the both of them. “This is…this is it, Nami…t-take me…”

            “…yes…”

            “Oh…Nami…”

            “…Robin…I – kyah!”

            A loud crashing sound emitted throughout the entire ship. It rocked the entire ship, nearly knocking Nami to the floor had it not been for Robin holding onto her.

            “What is happening?! Are you alright, Nami?”

            “Y-yes, I’m fine.” Nami replied hugging herself close to Robin. A knock soon came at the door.

            “Oi! Nami-san! Is Robin-chwan with you?!” shouted Sanji, the crew’s chef, through the door.

            “Y-yes she is! What is happening outside, Sanji-kun?!”

            “It’s okay, stay put! We’re just hitting some stormy weather! We’re gonna try and keep everything safe!”

            “Sanji, save me!”

            “Dammit, Usopp, let go of me!”

            While the two ran off to the deck, both Nami and Robin sighed in relief. Disappointed that they were interrupted, Nami pouted a little as she rested her head just upon Robin’s bust. Robin also felt the same, but she understands there is a more pressing matter to attend to.

            “Nami…I-I’m sorry this had to happen now.”

            “It’s okay…it’s…something we couldn’t control…we should go out and see what happened. Give the guys a hand, right…?”

            Robin nodded as the two stood up and awkwardly headed out of the room and to the deck. Once there, a cold gusty storm wind blew past them. Nami ducked to Robin as she was startled. It was dark and rainy, with only thunder to give them enough light to see, this was a tough spot to be in.

            “Hold the lines, Reindeer-Gorilla!” Shouted the newest member, Franky to the youngest member of the crew, Chopper, “We’re about to capsize!”

            “What did you call me!?”

            “I don’t think that’s what you should be getting angry about…”

            On another end of the ship was Usopp and Zoro, who we struggling to keep the boat afloat. The swordsman pulled back the mass just a bit with his monstrous strength while Usopp ran off to find the ship’s wheel. A larger wave crashed against the Sunny which nearly knocked Zoro off his feet.

            “Usopp, go get to the wheel! Someone has to keep this thing against the waves or we’re all gonna go overboard!”

            “R-roger that!”

            The sniper of the crew carefully maneuvered his way towards the wheel and steered against the tilts and dips of the waves. Sanji headed over to the bow of the ship to find their childish captain, leader of the Straw-Hat Pirates, Monkey D. Luffy. The captain was actually enjoying himself rather than contributing to much at all in the assisting.

            “Yahoo! Look out now, guys! There’s a really big one coming up!”

            “This is no time to get excited, you dumbass! Help us already!”

            Seeing everyone pulling together to save the ship and their well-being gave Nami her sense of duty. She looked at Robin with a small smile. “It’s time to get to work.”

            “Aye-aye, Miss Navigator.” Robin smiled back as the two split up to help the others. Nami headed into the cabin to check her map of the area just outside of Water 7. It seems that Franky’s blast to escape the Marines landed just several miles shy of a safer area of landing. Quickly she tried to map out the fastest and safest route possible out of the heavy storm when she was knocked over by another strong wave. She fell scrambled to get up, but the unstable weather conditions made it too difficult. From outside through the door she could hear Luffy laughing with excitement. “What is he doing out there?!”

            “Look at that one! It’s huge!”

            “That’s not just huge, it’s a tidal wave!”

            “Everyone, listen up!” Shouted Nami, “I think I found a way out of this: Usopp, steer this ship 30 degrees to the right!”

            “I’m on it!”

            “Chopper, I need you to man the pedals, full-speed! We’re going to ride that wave out of here!”

            Luffy heard this and he laughed loudly, “Wow, great idea! Way to go, Nami! I never knew you had such an awesome idea!”

            “I’m not doing this for the fun of it, you moron! I’m trying to save our hides!”

            Soon enough, Nami’s plan was put into action. Gaining as much speed as possible, Usopp steered the ship as directed and soon they were hitting the base of the tidal wave. The plan was working well so far, but a sudden surprise by a sea king had rubbed against the ship, hitting just off course, and sending the crew directly into the wave itself.

            “Aaagh! No good!”

            “Grr, damn sea king, who does he think he is for bumping into my awesome design!” Franky said as he struck a pose.

            Luffy held onto his treasured straw hat and held onto something. “Everyone grab hold of something! We’re about to—“

            The ship hit the wave, scattering some of the crewmembers onboard. Nami, who was just outside the cabin at that time, fell into the ocean as the ship mixed with the waves. Nami called out to the others for help, but she had already been submerged. She did not even know if anyone was on the ship anymore anyway, so it was inevitable. Nami thought she was going to die.

Onwards to Part 2


Back to Orange Petals Index - Back to One Piece Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction