Thief of Heart and Shadow

a Legend of Zelda fanfiction by Ryu Niiyama

Disclaimer: Don’t own Zelda. You know that, I know that, so why am I writing this? I wonder has anyone ever come up with this pairing before? I sure haven’t seen it anywhere… anyway another one of my insomnia cases. On with the madness! Oh yeah if you are underage please don’t read.
~~~~
It had been six years since Ganondorf conquered Hyrule. The self proclaimed King of Evil had deserted his home in the Gerudo Valley and made his throne in the ruins of Hyrule Castle. While the Gerudo had rejoiced at their sole male member’s dominance over the other races of Hyrule, there was one Gerudo who was glad to just see him leave.

The lone Gerudo was called Nabooru, and because of her traitorous thoughts against the King she was a slave to the sorceress sisters. Despite her enslavement to Koume and Kotake, Nabooru was still allowed to maintain her status as Regent of the Gerudo. Still, as a precaution the sisters made Nabooru a temporary Iron Knuckle, in case they didn’t feel like getting their brooms dirty.

The Gerudo prisoner/Regent was seated in a chamber inside the great Spirit Temple, a masonry masterpiece built long ago by the ancestors of the Gerudo, going over reports. The Gerudo was about to just give up on the tedious work when a guard burst into the room.

“Lady Nabooru! We have captured a spy! He was trying to sneak into the Spirit temple, but we found him and have taken him into custody.” The Gerudo stood at attention, awaiting an order from her superior. Nabooru raised a russet eyebrow and pushed her chair back, glancing over at the guard.

“How is it a male got all the way to the Temple before he was apprehended, Trisa?” The Regent questioned icily. The guard stiffened her already rigid body even more. She bowed several times before attempting to speak.

“My Lady, I take full responsibility for this lapse. However, I feel obligated to inform you that he appeared out side the Temple in a flash of light. I suspect he is some type of sorcerer.” The guard barked out just as inflexible as her stance. The Gerudo Regent rose her attention now fully focused on the guard before her. ‘A sorcerer? That transports himself in bright light? Curious.’

“What race is the male? Zora? Hylian? Goron?” Nabooru questioned impatiently. The guard quickly shook her head no.

“The male is one of the Shadow Folk, Lady. Even the Hylians fear them, for they are said to have uncanny abilities.”

‘A Sheikah? I thought that pig headed bastard Ganondorf wiped out the ones of Shadow. Perhaps it is that young masked Sheikah, the one that Ganondorf has been searching for. Heh. It would seem that the King is not as invincible as he claims.’ If he was the one then there was hope of freedom for the Regent yet. “Tell me, where is the prisoner?”

“He is chained within the great hall, Lady. Would you like me to interrogate him?”

“No I will handle it. You and your guard may go.”

“My Lady, are you sure that is wise? I could go with-” Nabooru held up a hand to silence the loyal guard.

“Trisa, you and your women have wives, families who have not seen you for some time. Go home. By the way when is Adia due?” The Gerudo guard’s emerald eyes lit up at the mention of her pregnant wife’s name. Like Nabooru she detested Ganondorf, yet with a little one on the way she could not afford to be imprisoned. It pained her to see her proud Lady reduced to a figurehead and slave for the sisters. The old dirt bags deserved a fate worse than death, yet because they raised Ganondorf, they were given dominion over all Gerudo.

“In a few weeks, Lady. Our little Tyna will be born. She will make a fine swordswoman one day.” Trisa boasted proudly. Nabooru smiled at the guard’s paternal antics and wished not for the first time for a companion that would stand by her side against Ganondorf. She found none in the Gerudo; they were too afraid of the repercussions to challenge the Evil King and such cowardice could never earn her favor.

“All the more reason for you to go home. Adia will begin to think you are cheating on her. Don’t worry, I will be fine.”

“Will the sisters be ok with this?” Trisa asked hesitantly, even though she was already heading towards the door. Nabooru snorted and waved her off.

“Those two witches are at the King’s Castle. They will not return for another year.” The Regent scoffed. The guard’s smile grew even larger and she bowed again to Nabooru before leaving the room albeit hurriedly.

“Now for this Sheikah…” Nabooru clasped her hands together, and in a flash of light she was dressed in her Iron Knuckle armor. The steel was much more powerful than that of other Knuckles, and the armor also gave her the ability to control her inferior ‘brethren’. Opting to leave her ax behind, for it would do no good to scare the male to death when she interrogated him. The armor-clad Gerudo clanked out of the chamber towards the great hall and the boy of Shadow.

Sheik struggled at his bonds, summoning every ounce of strength he had to no avail. His efforts only served to make the hard iron bite into his wrists, blood beginning to seep through his arm wraps. “This is hopeless. The mighty Protector of Hyrule defeated before the Hero could even be awakened…” Before the youth could sink deeper into his self pity, a huge Iron Knuckle stepped into the room, its eyes glowing with deadly intent. The Knuckle stomped up to him, its battle-ax noticeably missing. ‘Great. It’s going to torture me to death. No matter, I will not die without a fight. Link, I am so sorry I won’t be there.’

The Knuckle studied Sheik intently, its glowing pale eyes, sending chills up the Sheikah’s spine. A massive armored hand reached out and cupped his chin through the mask. “What is your name boy?” The Iron Knuckle boomed, its voice sweeter than Sheik had expected. The Protector’s crimson eyes hardened. “I am Sheik, Survivor of the Sheikahs and Protector of Hyrule! Tell your Gerudo dog of a master that, demon!” The Iron Knuckle chuckled surprising its prisoner. “That bastard is no master of mine. You are full of spirit aren’t you boy? No wonder you have eluded that power hungry lunatic for so long. Let’s have a look at the face of the boy that has been waging a war single handedly against Ganondorf shall we?”

Sheik began to struggle with desperate strength, but the chains would not give. He tried to turn his face away, with no success. His captor’s grip on his chin was gentle, yet firm. The doomed Protector cried out as he felt his turban being undone, and the mask tugged down. He had been revealed, and despite the Knuckle's claims to be against Ganondorf, the Sheikah felt no comfort. He was going to die, and Link would perish without his help. The future of Hyrule was dying right before his eyes.

Nabooru studied the face of the unmasked Sheikah in awe. He was the most beautiful male she had ever seen. He looked to be about sixteen summers, just truly coming into his manhood. His waist length pale blonde hair fell across his shoulders framing his face, while unruly bangs nearly hid large scarlet eyes. She marveled at the pointed Hylian ears that poked through his mane, ears that could hear the Goddesses. The blonde possessed a soft jaw, a delicate nose, so different from her own sharply angled one, and sweet, full lips that just begged to be kissed. Her eyes roamed over the form fitting Sheikah garb, noticing his hard, well toned warrior’s body.

Nabooru almost cried out as she felt a slow burn settle in her loins. How long had it been since she felt the touch of another? The women loyal to her were all married, and she had no wishes to ruin their relationships. Those in favor of Ganondorf’s evil were more apt to stab her after taking their pleasure. No, if she could not taste the sweetness of a woman’s love than this beautiful male would make a worthy substitute. As she looked into the Sheikah’s eyes through her helmet, she saw a kindred spirit in the male. He did not fear his death, rather he feared the fate of Hyrule should he be taken from the fight. There was something else that drew her to him however, something as ancient as Hyrule itself. ‘A true warrior this one is. He has a sense of honor worthy of the Gerudo, or at least what we used to be.’

“You don’t fear death do you boy? Good. A true warrior shouldn’t, but something else troubles you doesn’t it? You fear what other horrors Ganondorf will bestow upon Hyrule don’t you?” The Knuckle questioned

“What concern is it of yours? If you are going to kill me then get it over with because I will tell you nothing!” The beautiful Sheikah spat out, his eyes crimson torches. The Knuckle chuckled at the vehemence in Sheik’s voice. “Kill? Now where’s the fun in that? Although I suppose I should take a form that is less… intimidating, wouldn’t you say?” The Knuckle clasped its hands and a light incased the armored form… but the Knuckle was not the only one who was bathed in the light. As her armor faded away, Nabooru watched as Sheik’s feminine features scrunched up in pain and surprise.

After the light faded the Gerudo Regent looked at the body of the Sheikah in shock. His hard masculine body had melted to that of a young woman. She still possessed the lean, svelte form of her male form, but now ample breasts strained against the fabric of a top made to fit a man, and rounded curves replaced once straight lines. Features that were feminine in nature lost their masculine edge, as shocked Aegean eyes locked with her own. Nabooru felt an almost painful throbbing fill her core as she looked at the goddess before her. ‘Oh my. Oh I don’t think I’ll just take this one. I’ll make her beg for it, need it, that will make it so much sweeter. Wouldn’t you agree my little captive?’

Sheik or rather Zelda gasped as she felt her disguise slipping. It had been somewhat painful because it had happened without her consent, but what shocked her most was the appearance of the supposed hollow suit of armor. The woman before was a gorgeous Gerudo, her long flame colored hair was pulled into a high ponytail and judging by the ruby clasp and the various gold items she wore, she was very important. She looked to be about twenty-one summers to Zelda’s sixteen, the age difference only serving to entrance Zelda further. Her features were exotic and seductive, her amber colored eyes burning with passion. The Princess/Protector of Hyrule wondered at the rounded ears that were unique to the Gerudo. Her dusky skin looked smooth and soft to the touch, despite her obvious warrior physique. The Gerudo were traditionally taller than Hylian women, and this Gerudo was no exception, standing at six feet to Zelda’s petite five foot five. Her full breasts were enclosed in one a low cut top that was more like a colored strip of cloth. She was clothed in not the traditional balloon pants of these Desert Amazons, rather a pink loincloth that left little to the imagination. The scabbard at her waist covered more flesh than her clothes did, and in the sheath was a great dagger.

“I see the cactus is actually a beautiful desert bloom. I take it you like what you see, Princess Zelda.” Nabooru purred, gliding a hand along her body, a smile gracing her lips as she watched Zelda’s crystalline eyes follow the wandering appendage. The princess seemed to mentally slap herself as her cheeks flushed hot, and she locked eyes with the Regent.’

“Well you know who I am, how I don’t know, but I trust you will introduce yourself as well?” The Protector of Hyrule questioned keeping her voice calm, despite her unease at the Gerudo’s gaze. The Gerudo laughed, the lilting sound soothing her prisoner’s frazzled nerves. “Very well, my Lady. I am Nabooru, Regent and prisoner of the Gerudo. As for your identity, a woman of such beauty could only be the adult heir of Hyrule.” Nabooru intoned as she bowed before her prisoner.

“You’re a sage aren’t you? Is that why you are a prisoner?” That would explain why Nabooru had the ability to remove her disguise. As the bearer of the Triforce of wisdom, and the seventh sage, Zelda was connected to the other sages.

“Right on both counts. But if I am not mistaken you are my prisoner, so that means I should be asking the questions.” The older woman whispered, pulling out her ornate dagger. Zelda’s eyes widened, she was going to die at the hands of one of her allies. In four flashes of steel, Nabooru jumped back. Zelda hesitantly cracked one eye open, she was still in the Temple, and the sage was still standing before her although there was something in her gaze that disturbed the princess. ‘Perhaps I am seeing my life flash before my eyes and this is the end.’ Any life after death thoughts that she might have entertained were dispelled when a gust of wind entered the chamber. She was naked, even her boots were gone, yet her skin remained unbroken. A fact that became more apparent as the wind caused her nipples to harden, the princess blushed from head to toe. The Gerudo just smiled as she strode forth, her hips swaying seductively. She stopped right in front of the embarrassed princess, carefully keeping their bodies from touching. There would be time for that later.

“Well, well, well. I suppose I should feel sorry for Ganondorf after all. The idiot was so busy looking for power that he let the greatest treasure of Hyrule slip right through his fingers. Tell me princess, have you ever entertained the thought of a female lover?” Nabooru purred, using all of her willpower to keep her from taking the younger woman right there.

“What! No! I would never… how could you…I …” Zelda sputtered uncharacteristically her breath coming in shuddering pants which caused her breasts to rise and fall provocatively. An action that only served to excite Nabooru further.

“Princess. I am a member of a race of women save one male every century. Did you think I would not know the pleasures of a woman’s love? I can assure you it is much better than that of a male.” The Gerudo moved behind the prostrated, chained blonde, molding her body against the Princess’s. Zelda gasped at the feel of the other woman’s full breasts against her back and the gyrating pelvis at her buttocks. She whimpered in spite of her self as Nabooru’s faintly callused hand gently palmed a breast, while the other rested her stomach, the tips of the fingers twirling the blonde curls at the apex of her legs. The taller woman dropped her head inhaling the Hylian’s sweet scent, before taking a delicate pointed ear into her hot mouth.

“No I don’t feel the same way. I can’t…” The princess ground out, hot tears springing to her eyes. Nabooru released the delectable ear to press her lips against a smooth, toned shoulder. Her hand slid down to cup, Zelda’s burning sex. “Why can’t you Zelda? If you don’t feel the same way then why are these so hard, and why is this sooo wet? Don’t deny this. Not when you don’t have to. My Lady, know that I will not hurt you. We are on the same side after all. All you have to do is tell me that you don’t want this and I will stop.” Nabooru swirled her index finger in the young Protector’s molten core, enticing moans from her captive. The Gerudo resumed kissing and licking the alabaster skin of the princess’ neck as her finger delved deeper, although not entering her. Zelda's head thrashed back and forth, her teeth grinding as she bucked against the woman behind her. Nabooru groaned at the sweet pressure on her center, and began to trace feather light circles around the blonde’s opening. Rolling an erect nipple between her thumb and index fingers, the taller woman ground herself harder against the firm backside of the seventh sage.

“Tell me! Tell me now, Zelda! What is it that you want?” The aroused Gerudo panted into the younger woman’s pointed ear.

“You… Goddesses, I want you!” Zelda moaned as the Gerudo stoked her passion to greater heights.

“Do you want me to stop?” The flame haired woman questioned even though she already knew the answer.

“No! Don’t you dare! I …” The princess broke off with a throaty moan, as the Gerudo worked between her legs.

“I want you to ask for it! ‘I want you to make love to me Nabooru!’ Say it!” Nabooru hissed barely keeping her own mounting passion in check. She needed to hear the princess ask for her love, she no longer wanted to take her pleasure from the quivering blonde warrior, she wanted to make sweet love to her, to have her consent.

“I… I want you to… I want you to make love to me Nabooru, please!” The blonde cried out, body straining against the chains with the need to touch the Gerudo. The older woman almost came right there, the raw desire tainting her captive’s, no lover’s voice making her blood boil.

Nabooru redoubled her efforts, sensing how close to the edge the princess was, her thumb applying pressure to the swollen bundle of nerves peeking from her nether lips. That was more than enough to send Zelda, with a cry of her lover’s name, flying into the arms of ecstasy. The blonde shuddered and quivered in her bonds, Nabooru’s strong arms wrapped around her waist taking her weight. Soon enough the Protector could stand on her own and she struggled again in her bonds wanting to touch her new lover.

“Nabooru… the chains. You don’t need them.”

The Gerudo smiled into her lover’s silky golden hair, before moving around to the front of the naked princess. The taller woman stepped out of her shoes, and leaned against a table that Zelda had not noticed before. “Hmmm. True, but I don’t think I will let you go just yet. Have patience beloved.”

The Regent pushed off the table and stood at her full height. Her eyes flashing with need, she reached behind her back for the clasp to her top, arching her back to make her voluptuous breasts even more prominent. The older woman undid the clasp and let the garment fall to the floor, smirking as she watched azure eyes leave her face and get stuck on the ample cleavage. A shudder of arousal coursed through the Gerudo as she watched the Hylian woman lick her full lips unconsciously. She turned around, catching the groan of disappointment the Protector murmured, and tucked her hands into the waistband of her loincloth. Bending down, the Gerudo slid the skimpy material down her sleek, muscled legs, giving Zelda a full view of her firm buttocks and the plump, heated flesh between her legs. The princess cursed whatever powers Nabooru’s being a sage granted her, as the Protector could not use her magic to break free.

The older woman turned around again and took in the strained face of the chained Hylian. She then sat down on the top of the table spreading her legs wide, bracing one foot on the tabletop. Slowly, her eyes never leaving Zelda’s Nabooru ran her hands over her strong, supple body. One hand drifted down to a patch of curls slightly darker than those upon her head, while the other alternated between her breasts. Zelda looked on as Nabooru parted her swollen sex, showing the slick flesh to the Protector. The Gerudo let out a moan and slapped her pearl lightly before massaging it and repeating the process, her breath coming out in pants.

“Oooh is this what you want Princess? To feel my hot sex grinding against your own, my body in your arms as we make love? Can you see how wet I’m getting, Princess? Mmm… don’t you want to pull my body tight against your own, to taste me?” The Gerudo panted as she slowly entered two fingers inside her sheath, her hips rolling in rhythm to the pumping digits. Zelda moaned her eyes never leaving the golden sweat slicked body of the other woman. She began thrusting her hips slightly in midair as she watched the object of her desire caress herself, not even three feet away.

“Nabooru, don’t tease me! Release me beloved and I will show you what I want!” The Hylian princess moaned, her nails biting into her palm. Nabooru only answered her pleas with a moan, throwing her fiery tresses back as she added another finger. The Gerudo rocked harder and faster on her pumping hand until she cried out, her loins flooding with her nectar. Quickly recovering, Nabooru removed her hand and lithely stood and walked over to the Hylian woman. Smiling, the taller Gerudo cradled Zelda’s rounded posterior with one hand, lifting the princess up as she inserted a firm thigh between her legs. The Protector of Hyrule moaned at the contact and immediately began moving against Nabooru, enjoying the feel of the Gerudo’s full breasts against her own. The golden skinned woman gave her lover’s firm cheeks a squeeze before raising her arm to grip a chain, for support. Her other hand she placed on Zelda’s lips.

“Here. Taste my love for you.” The Gerudo purred. Her lover obediently took the digits into her hot wet mouth and began to bob her head on them, never breaking eye contact. “Ooooh, that is nice. Although I would think that such conduct is not befitting of a Princess.” The Princess of Hyrule only sucked harder in response her eyes twinkling, while her center coated Nabooru’s thigh. The Gerudo brushed her lips over Zelda’s forehead before, abruptly disengaging both her hand and thigh.

“Nabooru, why are you…?” Zelda was cut off by the Gerudo’s lips upon her own. The kiss was passionate and searing, Zelda’s questing tongue surprised Nabooru who was in control only moments before. They kissed languidly, the Gerudo’s hands caressing the princess’ compact body. Before long, Nabooru felt her passion rising again and she pulled away, sucking the princess’s bottom lip as they parted.

“I want to taste you now, my love.” Nabooru whispered when her lover began to protest. The Gerudo dropped to her knees and wrapped her arms around Zelda’s hips. She inhaled the sweet musk of her lover before parting the swollen flesh. Her tongue snaked out and caressed the molten core of the princess. ‘Mmmm… She truly is Hyrule’s greatest treasure, and this treasure is all mine.’ The Regent thought smugly. Her warm tongue slid over every sweet fold of her lover, and Zelda found herself thrusting her hips in counter-rhythm of that delicious tongue. Nabooru smiled inwardly as the Protector began to chant her name like a mantra, when she slowly entered the blonde with her tongue. That internal grin broadened as she reached a barrier. ‘A virgin. Oh blessed Nayru! I thank you for this gift, the honor of being the first of your avatar!’ She didn’t claim the young woman just yet, as she wanted to have her when Zelda could reciprocate her love. Instead she swirled her tongue below her virginity, occasionally lightly brushing it. The Princess moans turned into a scream as she came her ambrosia flowing into Nabooru’s waiting mouth.

“Goddesses!” The protector moaned hoarsely. Nabooru, licked her lips again before she reaching over to her clothes, or lack thereof, and removed the keys to the chains. Quickly unlocking the final barriers between them Nabooru expected she would have to hold the exhausted princess. No such luck. As soon as her pointed ears picked up the clicks of the locks, Zelda launched herself at Nabooru, pushing the older woman onto the table. The Regent was briefly surprised, but her warrior upbringing gave her the abilities to turn the tides easily. Although she figured that was also because Zelda wished it so. The flame haired woman had seen the Sheikah trained warrior/Sorceress fight before, and could readily tell that her skills were not diminished by her female form. Their lips dueled passionately, each woman intent to show the other the depths of her love.

The Gerudo moaned is pleasure as she felt her lover let her hair down. The fiery strands fell across golden shoulders, mixing with the pale tresses of the Hylian below her. “Goddess…” The Regent murmured before capturing the lips of her lover. Zelda clutched her lover closer, as she felt the desert seductress slide a hand down to her sex. Nabooru pulled back again her lips brushing over the blonde’s. “You are mine now. I will stand by your side forever, my Lady. If you will have me.” A finger entered the princess, stopping short of her hymen. Nabooru’s amber eyes locked with Zelda’s sapphire ones. “Yesss…” The princess moaned answering the unspoken question. The Gerudo's smoldering eyes glazed over with tears, and she ducked her head capturing the gasp as she pushed forward, claiming Wisdom’s chosen for herself. ‘Goddesses, she’s so tight! Ohh, yes princess right there.’ The Regent whimpered mentally as she felt her princess mimic her movements. The two sages made love to one another, slowly, devotedly. Each touch and caress an ‘I love you’, every moan a promise. Both cried out the name of the other as they came together, their hearts and souls intertwining for eternity. Afterward, they lay spent in one another’s arms, basking in the afterglow.

“Pity. If I had the strength I take you as a man as well.” The princess mumbled, the fatigue lacing her voice dulling the erotic intent. Nabooru chuckled softly, running her fingers through golden silk. “Not to worry my Lady. We have the rest of out lives for that. Perhaps you can make a believer out of me.” The Gerudo said wryly. Sitting up, she took the younger woman’s hand.

“Come beloved. I believe a nice, hot bath is in order. Wouldn’t you agree?” Zelda nodded and allowed herself to be hauled up. As they left the chamber the Princess’ voice could be heard down the hall.

“Hey! You owe me a new set of clothes!!”

~~~~
The new timeline after Link and Zelda defeat Ganon.

“I present to His Majesty, King Harkinian III, the Queen of the Gerudo, Nabooru!”

The leader of the Gerudo strode in, clothed in her customary balloon pants, though this time silver in color, the Silver Gauntlets and an open sleeveless coat covering her top. The flamed haired woman of twenty-three summers, bowed deeply to the king and his daughter of eighteen summers, Zelda. The King rose and clasped Nabooru by the shoulders, bidding the taller woman to stand. “Please Nabooru, there is no need for such formalities! I would like to introduce to my daughter, Zelda and the captain of our guard, Link.” The princess strode forward, still possessing her warrior’s agility, and curtsied before the Gerudo. “I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Lady Nabooru.”

“I can assure you Princess Zelda, the pleasure is all mine.” The Gerudo purred as she kissed the hand of the princess. ‘She is more beautiful than I remembered.’ While her eyes were locked with Zelda’s, Nabooru did notice Link stiffen in the background. As she straightened, she met the angry eyes of the Kokiri behind Zelda. The princess stepped back, albeit slowly and Link clasped her hand. ‘Oh no you don’t hero. This treasure is mine.’

“Nice to meet you, Sir Link.” The Gerudo replied, letting the power of the Silver Gauntlets strengthen her already steel grip. She smiled inwardly as she saw the strain appear around the youth’s eyes.

“Likewise. That’s … some grip… you have there.” Link replied as he yanked his bruised hand away.

“Thanks. I do come from a nation of warriors after all.” The flame haired woman replied, the smile never leaving her face. ‘You’re lucky I didn’t break it you prick.’

Later that night Nabooru stood on the castle wall, watching Zelda train with the Kokiri. As the Gerudo watched the power play of muscle in the blonde woman’s body she remembered the nights they spent together before the final battle. She watched as Link tackled his opponent in a playful tussle, and felt her blood boil in battle lust and jealousy.

“I made you a promise Zelda, long ago. I will win back your love, my Lady. And I won’t let this scrap of a boy stand in my way, this I swear!” Nabooru vowed before she jumped to the other side of the wall. The Gerudo walked away, a smile gracing her lips as she formed a plan.

After all, she did have a promise to keep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Normally I am a Link and Zelda/Sheik fan. Yes I keep them as the same person because that is who Zelda is!! Where was I? Oh yeah. I have never considered a Nabooru/Zelda paring and it came to me at two in the morning. But hey I think it turned out rather nice. 2002

Back to Legend of Zelda Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction