Loving You Forever (part 5 of 9)

a Original Fiction fanfiction by Photographer

Back to Part 4

Elila’s POV

I howled as a greeting as I could see the view of my home in a near distance. The wolf pack that I was running with (as a wolf) howled beautifully along with me. I had known them since they were young cubs and also their ancestors too. Learning and living with the wild gives the benefit to embrace nature as my second home. Though I may be...well part human because of my mother, I have learnt to accept my humanity side and my nature side. It may sound a little cheesy but...I feel that life is beautiful.  Well…almost.

As I reached towards the mansion, I gave a sign to my other 'running-mates' to say that I'm home. The wolves howl softly, giving their good-byes as they ran to another direction. I slowed down a little to observe at these beautiful creatures until they disappeared deeper in the woods. Then I look at the mansion, trying to stay still and quiet to hear where my parents are. I caught a sound of delight laughter of my parents in their bedroom, probably 'killing' each other by playing what sort of games. I ran swiftly and jump up as I change back to my human form. I landed gracefully on my parent's bedroom's balcony on the 1st floor and adjusted my clothes. Taking a deep breath, I walk in their room and find that I have to immediately duck by a sudden thrown pillow going to my direction. Completely baffled, I scan my surroundings, suddenly quite alert of what sort of crime situation I was in...but shook my head slowly when I realized that my father and my mother were playing dodge ball...or was it dodge pillow?

I just stand there, watching my father ducking behind any furniture that is near to him and throwing pillows at my mother! I could see him using his hunting skills...by focusing not to get hit by any pillows and also throwing expertly towards my mother, yet it never seems to hit her at all. My mother, since she was a graceful one (hmmm...have to think about that now), she uses her telepathic skills to control the pillows and throwing them. And whenever my father's pillows try to hit her, she would use this illusion's shield to protect herself.  I find it ultimately ridiculous...but yet I could sense the playfulness and the love between them. Also...probably making their skills better I think....

Thinking that my existence was far too long to go unnoticed, I cleared my throat softly, knowing that both my parents have great hearing. As predicted, both turn towards me. My mother's face was relaxed and happy to see me while my father becomes the silent one and nodded as a greeting towards me. Trying to be an adult at least, I start my lecture and put my arms on my hips, giving them a stern look.

"Mum and dad, I'm so disappointed! Both of you! At your age and you're playing dodge pillows. A shame! Big shame! Tell me, how old are you two?"

I could sense my parents trying not to laugh out loud, and so they played along. They both acted guilty in front of me and I could feel the family unique love between us. It makes me feel belong and proud to be apart of them.

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, I'm 37," said my mother sweetly.

"40," said my father, acting guilty and serious at the same time.

I shook my head, showing that I was 'disappointed' with them. But inside me, I was having a little fun.

"Tsk tsk tsk...a really BIG SHAME on you two! What do you have to say, both of you?" I said sternly.

They look at each other, giving a mischievous smile. My mother answers my question innocently and shows her big puppy eyes.

"We love you?"

I couldn't stand it anymore as I laughed freely. They smiled at me and gestured me to come closer. I chuckled a little and walk a little quicker this time, giving a gentle hug to my mother while my father just stands there watching us. His face was serious, wanting to discuss with me about something. 

"Elila, I need to talk to you."

'Uh oh, what did I do this time?' I thought panicky. Whenever he starts with an 'I need to talk to you', it's usually about my duty. Things that I do, that he would not approve. 'Hmm....I wonder what I did wrong.'I quickly think back earlier tonight. 'Hmm, let's see...patrol is a little slow today...sat on a building...no problem in that...saved Isabella from a rape...brought little belle home and left those bas...oh no!' I realized that I didn't complete my patrol tonight for I was too focused on Isabella's safety.

"Dad, I'm sorry I didn't finish my patrol tonight...."

"You know you didn't! Leaving bad people like that could still harm other people you know that! Where is your alertness? Your discipline? This is not like you at all!"

I looked down ashamed. My mother quietly comforts me at the side as she speaks to my father.

"Jacques! Do calm down now! She's still young and still quite new...."

"New?! She has been a protector for a year! This is her first time that she makes a mistake since her last training!" my father barked suddenly.

"Okay...not exactly new but she probably had a reason. Don't you Elila?" my mother speaks softly.

I looked up slowly and gazed at my father's eyes. His black eyes are so cold and people would think of him as a cruel monster. But he's not really. He's just very particular when it comes to a duty.

"So dad, who cleared up the mess?"

I dared to ask him first, before I give him my reasons. He sighed slowly, trying to control his anger towards me.

"Your cousin, Ross and I were patrolling not too far away. I was training Ross at that time and found those two men in the alley. I know it was you because I picked up your scent...and a scent of another woman that I could not identify yet at the same time quite familiar. I guess she's a victim and you probably brought her back home. Anyway, we brought those men to Inspector Lester and he wants you to see him and give your report about the incident tomorrow."

After his explanation, he went to the bed and sat down. I was aching to sit down because of standing far too long but I know that I'm not yet dismissed or so. He then looks at me, sternly but yet softer than before. I guess he's waiting for my explanation. I take a deep breath, giving as much as I can.

"Dad, forgive me of not focusing to finish the job but the woman is Isabella. I brought her home...so she would be safe."

Her name brought both my parents a shock. They knew that it had been a year that Isabella and I kept our distance from each other. I could hear my mother saying, "Poor girl" many times and my father becomes a little too alert for my liking. He got up from the bed and walk to me, demanding an answer from me.

"Have you mated with her?"

"Dad!" I growled a little. There was one thing I dislike about my animal side, is that taking a mate without a person's free will. I remembered one of my grand-aunts telling me about how males can be quite demanding to mate women. And since I'm like the 'dominant' one in a future relationship, I'm trying hard not to be like them.

"For God sake Jacques, don't be such a caveman!" said my mother sternly, suddenly joining in the conversation. My father looks at her in surprise...probably not getting the picture.

"What did I do? I'm just saying that it's time for Elila to mate Isabella. She has gotten a chance tonight."

"AND I WOULD NOT! SHE WAS NEARLY RAPE AND I WON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER!"

The louder the word comes out from my lips, the more my silver eyes glowed at them as I growled louder and louder at my dad. My mother looks at me worriedly. She tries telepathically to send soothing words into my mind. It somehow calms the animal in me a little. My father was silent as he realized that my mother is doing something telepathically with me. Since he has none of these skills, he patiently waited for my mother to finish her miracle. Before I knew it, I was really calm again. I gently rub my temples and look at my father again.

"Don't ever ask me to do that. She has enough of being taken advantage already. I'm her friend now and if we stay as friends until the end, then so be it. But if we do become mates, I'll wait for her."

I was softer this time. I said it slowly so the words get through to my father's thick skull. Sometimes he can be so stubborn!

"But what if someone takes her? What would you do?" asked my father suddenly.

"Too late. Melvin has her already," I muttered under my breath.

Then everyone was silent again. There was a tension in the air. I could see my mother at my side. She couldn't believe it was Melvin, her very own cousin’s son that took Isabella as his own. As for my father, he's probably trying his best to control his temper, not to go and strangle Melvin for taking my future mate away. Me? I should feel anger in me...or at least jealous right now. But no....I felt sad, like I'm missing something big that is apart of me.

"So what are you going to do?" asked my father quietly.

I was too tired to give any suggestion to him.

"Nothing. I'm just her friend."

My father shook his head again, probably disappointed at my actions.

"This is the weirdest 'mating' I have every encountered. If I was you, I would take the chance and ma..."

"Oh no you don't Jacques!! Don't you dare finish that sentences, or not you have to sleep on a tree this time!" said my mother, giving him a warning.

I was a little too slow to sense what is happening. My mother, with her arms on her hips, scolding my father like he's a child. While my father, again was surprised, as he could not understand what he did this time.

"What? I'm just saying...."

"Don't you say a word! Elila, don't listen to your father for he could be such a thick head at MOST times. I know you are such a...gentle-lady and do please be that way. I don't want you to be like your father when he was 'courting' me."

"Excuse me?! I was a gentleman when I court you!"

"Yeah right, for 30 minutes only! And then...."

"OKAY! Time out!! Time out!! I'm NOT going to listen about both of your love life!! I'm going!" I said, feeling absolutely uncomfortable about their silly argument. I bet if I stay there much longer, I probably won't get out from that room alive without dying of embarrassment! So I quickly run out from the room and went downstairs, going to the garden. My parents' voices were becoming distant as I sighed in relief.

When I reached to the garden, I slowed down my pace. I take a deep breath, smelling the clean air around me. It was getting late and I should probably get to bed, but for some reasons, I couldn't sleep yet. So I take a walk in the garden.

The garden is enormously big but nevertheless, it was absolutely beautiful. The garden is so big that you could build at least two mansions here. But why need to build another one? I'm content in this garden and I prefer the nature. Everywhere around me are bushes and trees, a best place to play hide-and-seek. And when you look at the sky, you could see beautiful small stars shining brightly. It's a good place for romance I guess. I walk further in the garden, and suddenly heard footsteps behind me. Instantly, I turn around wanting to face the intruder, and also preparing myself to fight.

"Well well well, what do we have here? A half-breed who's taking a walk all by herself?"

'Melvin?' I thought as he comes to closer towards me. He was extremely good-looking and was only a year older than I. But because of his hatred towards the Savage's family, we were never close nor spar with each other. It was this year where he was pledged to be a protector...but why do I sense something dark deep in him? I focus my gaze on him, not wanting to lack of alert....for he thinks of me as an outsider. But now, he's here in my garden, circling around me as he still taunts me bitterly.

"Hmm...I wonder why a half-breed doesn't have someone to screw with. Probably no one is good enough for her?"

I growled a little as my eyes start to glow too. I hate it when he always calls me a 'half-breed'.

"Melvin, stop it!"

But he keeps on going on and on with his taunting.

"Oh wait, that's right! That's because YOU want to take what's MINE!" he barked suddenly.

'Elila, calm down. This is what he wants. Don't give in to him. Don't!' I thought as I try to calm down. I must not be weak nor in anger and I will hope God help me to be stable at least.

"I'm just her friend."

"That's BULL and you know that!! Who asked you to save her?!" he said insanely.

"What the heck are you saying? She was going to get raped! You want me to just watch? Where the heck were you anyway?" I snapped at him, couldn't believe what he just said.

"I...I was patrolling," he said uneasily.

'Patrolling my head!' I thought as I rolled my eyes at him. I knew where he was and he was deliberately lying to me...and possibly to many people!

"Yeah right, why don't you just say that it was more important to follow your friends to a strip club than following Isabella to the movies?" I sneered at him.

He looks stunned, couldn't believe that I knew where he was. He opens his mouth a few times; trying to give me a great come back but it didn't work at all. Then, he just straightens up and looks at me arrogantly and just walks away. But I still haven't finished him yet.

"You were in Isabella's room right?"

He stops walking and turns around slowly.

"Yeah so?" he asked menacingly.

"Did you talk with her about the incident earlier tonight?" I asked, just wanting to know if she is all right.

"I know how to take care of my woman, half-breed!" he snarled at me as he comes closer towards me.

I felt myself getting cold all of a sudden. Something must have gone wrong with Isabella.

"What did you do to her?" I asked quietly yet fearful.

"It has been taken care of! It's none of your business!" he spat before turning around again to leave.

Not satisfied with his answer, I walk slowly behind him. I don't wish to be a busybody in people's relationship...but Isabella is my friend. Yet I keep on hesitating about the last part!

"Melvin!"

"WHAT NOW?!" he turned back again, facing me irritatingly.

"She's a beautiful person, Melvin. Even though I can't get her but at least you could do is cherish her like she belongs to you..."

"SHE BELONGS TO ME!!" he screams deafly.

I take a deep breath, a few times. Now I can see despite that his behaviour is bad, his obsession towards Isabella is really strong.

"Okay fine....she belongs to you...but you have to love her and don't treat her like trash."

I was just trying to advice him. Making him realize at least how important Isabella is to him. But what I didn't expect was that he's laughing at me right now. He must be thinking that I'm a desperate fool or so.

"Are you trying to give me advice, half-breed? Well, get lost! I'm a man Elila and I can give her what she wants....make her a woman! And you? You're nothing....just a girl with a filthy blood!"

And suddenly, I see things in red...I felt fangs growing painfully from me as I growled dangerously at him. My silver eyes seem to glow too bright and my delicate fingers shape shift into long ugly claws. I couldn't think straight at all. The only emotions I feel is the calling of the rage in me. Yet I was still struggling not to give in completely.

"HOW DARE YOU!"

The words came out from my lips, was horrible. It's like someone is saying it, not me. But I didn't care for the only thing I feel the need to do is - to destroy the person in front of me. For taking Isabella away from me. For insulting me badly. But I was struggling hard to overcome my rage...it's like my human side is trying to tame the wild animal in me, but the wild animal seems not sure if my human side is good or bad. My feet seems to move on its own, towards the target as my vision was in red and he looks a little stunned. He too prepares to fight, taking out a long dagger from his boots. We are preparing for a combat, just because of Isabella and the animal in me is screaming for blood.

But before we could even start to come closer, a blur figure comes between us. It surprises us both to see another 3rd party. I blinked a little yet snarled at the intruder for getting in the way of the combat. And also, I was too blind to see his face.

"Uncle Jacques?"

I heard Melvin's respond towards the intruder. I was again too stunned that it was my own father, and so I tried hard to control the rage that is trying to come out. My hideous claws changes back to my own hands but nonetheless, I still couldn't control myself to be really calm. I could hear my father talking to Melvin.

"Go home Melvin. Elila is not in a good condition right now. I'll deal with her."

With that, Melvin just nodded silently and cowardly run off in a blur speed. Now I see my father turning completely towards me, trying to come nearer slowly but yet careful at the same time. But I was still hissing at him, baring my fangs to warn him not to come closer.

"Elila, come down...it's just a rage. I'm helping you."

"STAY BACK!" I growled slowly. It's weird because I'm feeling that my animal side is wanting to strike him hard, but my human side is crying for my father to not come near me so I won't hurt him at all. I was feeling so confused as I step back away from him quickly. But my father was still coming nearer and nearer.

"It's alright...I won't hurt you. Just try to be calm. I'll call your mother, would that be alright?" asked my father gently.

Since I realized that I have no control of the rage in me, I desperately nodded at him to call my mother. Without a waste of time, he called her name from the mansion to come. If my animal side could not control the rage, then I only have my human side to depend on. In an instant, I see my mother running towards us. Even with my red vision, she looks so worried and comes closer towards me. I heard my father giving her a warning but she did not hear him as she touches my face tenderly.

Surprisingly, I became quiet, looking at my mother. The animal in me was quiet at last but my vision was still red and my fangs were obvious to go unnoticed.

"Shh shh....there there Elila. I'm here. Shh Shh.."

I feel her soothing touch on my mind. It feels like she's patting my animal side that I'm not sure if that is possible. Slowly, I see things clearer in colours and the fangs were reducing to my normal teeth. I was feeling a little exhausted but calm at least. Then I just suddenly realized that I was able to harm someone badly. With that thought, I hug my mother tightly, crying a little. My parents seem to understand as my mother still comforts me with soothing words and my father just looks at me sympathetically. If I was myself, I would have stopped him for giving me such a sympathetic look but I was too tired to argue tonight.

My father then asked both of us to come inside the mansion for it was getting pretty late. My mother nodded and pulled away from me and tries to bring me inside the mansion. But I pulled back gently from my mother, wanting to be alone for now.

"It's alright mum. I just want to have some fresh air."

My father was hesitating to leave me alone again, afraid that Melvin would come and trigger the animal rage in me. But I just give him a smile, assuring him that I'll be all right.

"Don't worry dad. If Melvin comes, I'll call you to beat him up, okay?"

"Elila!" said my mother, scolding me. But I just simply shrug tiredly at her, too tired to defend my actions. Then my mother eventually kept quiet and went to follow my father back to the mansion. Again, I was left alone in the garden as I look at the surroundings around me carefully. Sure of myself that I'm finally alone, I start to take a leisure walk. I sighed tiredly. I was nearly in rage tonight and it's not a good thing to be a proud of. The more I have this temper, the harder it is to control myself. Is it a curse? Is it just there to torture me? No, father said that the men in his kin will have this rage in them...is just takes a lot of practices to tame the beast in them. So why do I have it in me? I felt instantly sad as I stop walking and sat one of the stone benches near the bushes.

'I'm probably a freak after all,' I accused myself silently. Just simply trying to make faults about myself. But then from a distance, I hear a howl of wolves and I look up and listen to them. The sound was almost melodic in the wind and it sounds haunting yet beautiful. I realized that the wolves had felt my pain because of the connection between us. Since all of my years I had spent my time playing with wolves, I somehow make a bond with them without me knowing how to do it. So when each time I hear a wolf's call, in my mind it's like a message or so. Another howls I could hear again and immediately I know what the wolves are trying saying to me.

"A freak is not the word to describe you,

But special is what you are, wolf-girl"

Hearing just those words, I could feel the burning tears in my eyes and I look down to quickly wipe it away. Instantly, I smiled a little...grateful to the wolves for trying to cheer me up. But I know I'm like a family to them, just that I have to live in a house than in a cave. "Thank you," I said softly to them, looking slightly to the sky. Another howl could be heard again from the distance and I know that my gratitude was answered. I sat there a little more to hear the wolves howling deep in the forest. As I hear them, I remembered how Isabella loves animals so much. 'I wonder if little belle would like to see the wolves with me?' I thought suddenly but then chuckled to myself, imagining Isabella running away for her life if she sees a real life wolf.

"Elila dear, your mobile phone is ringing from your room," said my mother telepathically in my mind.

My mother's sudden intrusion gives me a slight shocked. I think I was so focus listening to the wolves that I didn't realize that my phone is ringing softly, far from my sensitive hearing. 'Oh god, I really need to be discipline,' I groaned silently, scolding myself for being to 'lazy'.

"Sorry mum, I'll get it. Go to sleep," I telepathically said to my mother as I rushed with a blur speed and run inside the house to go up the stairs to my bedroom.

Within seconds, I open my bedroom's door and quickly went in, also trying to remember where the heck I put my mobile phone the last time. My mind and body are too exhausted already so I have to rely on my hearing.

"Dear, please pick up your phone before your father gives me a lecture about teenagers with technologies and lack of self-discipline!" said my mother telepathically and tired too.

"I'm trying!" I telepathically said back to her, whining a little. Tiredly and also a little irritated of my phone's loud ringing, I finally found my annoying mobile phone at the dressing table! 'Whoever you are, I'm so going to give you a piece of my mind,' I growled a little as I rush to pick up my phone.

"Found it! Now go back to bed!" I said to my mother telepathically, yet a little too loud.

"Okay dear. Sheesh! No needs to get all work up," my mother said mentally.

"Sorry," I apologized telepathically and immediately cut off our brief conversation as I stare dangerously at my phone. I check my watch and it was 2 o'clock in the morning. Curiously, I went to pick it up, wondering who would call me in this particular late hour. The number was unknown yet to me it was very familiar. So I answered it tiredly, and deliberately going to yell whomever the caller is.

"Whoever you are, you're crazy to call at this hour."

"Elila?"

For the first time tonight, I was tongue-tied...I mean really! Isabella is on the phone, calling me! There has to be something wrong.

"Isa? Is that you? Are you all right? Did something happen?"

She didn't answer me for awhile but I could hear her breathing was not that regular. What did Melvin do to her? I feel my blood boiling again with the thought of Melvin harming her. But I shook my head wildly, trying not to give in of the temptation of revenge.

"I'm okay really," she said, sounding a little weak.

I felt really worried. I really felt like getting out of this house and run as fast as I could just to see her now. Even though my body is screaming for hibernation, but I would surely do anything for her...even if she were not going to be my mate.

"Would you like me to come over, little belle?"

"No! No...I'm alright really. I just want to call you that's all. You know, couldn't sleep."

She's trying to hide something from me. I know she is! 'Tomorrow, make a point to check on Isa,' I thought to myself firmly.

"Elila, are you there?" she asked hesitantly and yet so weak.

"Yeah I'm here...I'm just not sure what to say, you know."

"Are you tired? I could just hang up."

She sounded so weak. I feel my heart breaking just by hearing her voice. Did Melvin break her spirit? Why does she sound so scared?

"Why do you sound so afraid little belle? I won't bite you," I said cheekily, trying to make her at least good.

I could hear her breathing quicken a little. And then a little sound of her crying.... like she was in pain.

"Maybe it's better to be afraid," I heard her muttering softly.

Then, an awkward silence comes next for both of us. I wish to say something interesting and talk to her, but like I said, my mind is too exhausted to think of a topic. I try to force myself to think but it only seems to give me endless of headaches. I take a deep breath and just try to talk to her at least.

"Is there any way I could cheer you up?"

First, I only receive silence from the other side. After a year apart, this may perhaps be 'a little too fast' for us for one day or something. Everything happens earlier last night. Is this a logic thing to do? I nearly missed her talking something to me on the phone, as I was a little too preoccupied with my mind, trying to find answers for my ridiculous questions.

"Sorry, what did you say Isa?"

After a short hesitating pause from her, she asked for her request from me...

"Could you sing for me?"

"Sing? I haven't been singing for months! I'll sound like a frog!" I laughed out loud, suddenly feeling all the tiredness on my back and shoulders going away in an instant.

"Please? Just like the old times...please pretty please?"

I chuckled, hearing her sweet yet tired voice. I could feel the tension between us is fading away. And I guarantee if I'm there with her right now, she probably will be using her big puppy eyes, which make my animal side excited and playful.

"Alright fine...what song do you want me to sing?"

"Could you sing 'Growing Old With You' by Adam Sandler?" she asked innocently on the phone.

"WHAT?!! I'm not going to sing that...I can't even imagine how you could like that song!" I said a little too loudly.

"Elila! Lower down your voice please!" my mother intruded in my mind suddenly, scolding me.

"Sorry mum," I apologized back, not knowing that I didn't say it telepathically.

"Your mum is there?" asked Isabella surprised.

'Oops!' I thought, blushing. "Uh no, she was talking to me telepathically just now."

"Oh okay...so...can you sing for me please?" 

I groaned out loud. Honestly, I have no idea why people like that song from the Wedding Singer....It seems ridiculous!

"That is a ridiculous song Isabella...I'm so not going to sing that to you."

"Oh yeah, then how come you know the lyrics so well?" she said, challenging me.

"That's easy! You played the song the WHOLE DAY when I sometimes stayed over in your house remember?"

She kept silent again. I hear a few vocal words out from her, probably trying to say something wise but it didn't come out successfully. Then there's the silence between us again as I could hear her slow breathing from the other side. I know that she's going to sleep soon but I didn't dare to hang up the phone till she says so.

"Please?"

When she whispered that word, I couldn't bring myself to not obey her needs. Is this supposed to be the way of a mate...being able to do anything for another? How strange that sounds to me. I have always been the formal one, strict with myself when it comes to certain things in life. But even my relatives say that when you are in love, you would even have the courage to break your own rules....is that true? It sounds too weird to be true. So, I sighed a little and just give in.

"Alright, I'll sing for you...but just a short version alright? We have school tomorrow and we are both tired."

"I don't mind."

I didn't realize I have been standing so long near the dressing table, so I move to the nearest chair and sat on it. Slowly, I take a few deep breaths, working on my breathing a little before singing to her. How long had it been since I last sing? A year ago? Or more? Lots of happy things of my life have been put on hold or so. The only happiness I felt for the whole year was having my loving parents and most of my kin that makes me feel belong, and the forest. But not wanting to waste time any further, I sang softly to her, not knowing if I sang well or not.

"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad 
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad 
All I wanna do is grow old with you 
 
I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches 
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks 
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you"
 

I hummed a little to replace the sound of the guitar that was played along with this song originally. Yet, humorously at the same time, I rolled my eyes for still not believing how Isabella could able to get me into singing this pathetic song! But still I continued singing just for the sake for her anyway. Besides, this feels just like the old times. 
 
"I'll miss you 
Kiss you 
Give you my coat when you are cold 
 
Need you 
Feed you 
Even let ya hold the remote control"
 

I heard her giggling slightly on the other side and it makes me smile a little. Even though I couldn't bear myself to hear this song, but no matter how weird it is, it was always a delight to see her in joy when she hears this song before...how she giggles and how she would sound like a little excited girl. While thinking about that, I didn't realize that I slowed my singing a little towards the ending. 
 
"So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink 
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink 
I could be the man who grows old with you 
I wanna grow old with you"
 

With that, I received a sound of soft clapping as my reward. I smiled and blushes a little as I look down uncomfortably. I was never used to compliments that are said about me and I always seem to try to find a way to ignore it. 

"You still sing well Elila. It's becoming more haunting actually." 

"Probably of spending too much time 'singing' with the wolves," I muttered but loud and clear enough for her to hear me. 

"Singing with wolves? How is that possible?"  

Her voice holds a lot of confusion yet curious about a creature of a wolf. I chuckled lightly, thinking silently to myself that she has lots to learn about my world. "I would generously show her my world without any indignity in me, and let her accept me entirely as a ma...oh god, I can't think like that. The only thing she would only accept me is only as her friend. But oh, how I now wish that I could cherish her as mine...but that is only a wishful thinking," I thought sadly suddenly.  

"I'll allow you to see my world little belle," I said lovingly. 

Then, she was somehow silent as I could hear her slight shallow breaths on the phone. I suddenly become panicked of the thought of suffocating her with a little loving from me...but part of my animal side seems to be kicking my human side, showing that I'm thinking way too much.  

"You would?" I suddenly hear her hopeful voice. 

"Yes," I said brightly yet exhausted, but relieved that she's not freak out. 

"Really?" 

"Yes!" I said with determination in me. 

"Wouldn't they eat me or something?"  

I frowned at her question. Now that seems to be a very silly question...for me I guess. 

"Now what makes you think that they would eat you?" 

"Because they are wolves?" she said sarcastically.  

"I'm part animal. Did I eat you so far?" I said slyly. 'Oh bad Elila...you're trying to be a little naughty with your probably-won't-be-mate!' I scolded myself. 'Eat' her? AWWOOOOOO!' my animal part howled suddenly. I could even make an image of my animal side, waging its tail and ready to pounce at its rightful claim. Before I could even react, my human side seems to say, 'DOWN GIRL! SIT DOWN!' to the beast in me. Oh God...what the heck is happening to me...? 

"Don't be cheeky Elila!" she said, giving me a warning. 

"I'm not! I'm just asking you!" I said, defending myself. 

"FINE! You didn't eat me...in any way," she said with a huff. 

'Though I would love the thought of 'eating' you...' my animal side thought suddenly as I slapped my forehead and swore silently of having this endless torture in me. I think I'm going to suffer for the next four decades till I die...having these two different personalities in me! I immediately thought that it is best to change the topic before the 'beast' would probably get out of control for sure. 

"I know that you loved wolves a lot. So I'll bring you one day...when the time comes and not to worry, I'll be there to protect you." 

"You will protect me?" she asked, with a slight pain in her voice. It saddens me a little, for thinking of her being hurt by one of my kin.  

"Forever," I said softly. 

Then the silence comes between us again. I check the time and it was just after past 3 o'clock in the morning.  

"I'll see you tomorrow little belle," I said to her. 

"....Okay," she said hesitatingly. 

"Goodnight." 

"Night Elila." 

I waited for her to hung up and just stare at my phone for a while. Then, I placed it at the bedside table. I sighed tiredly as I went into the bathroom to take a shower and clean myself up. A few minutes later, I went out of the bathroom to wear something comfortable to sleep. Wearing a loose T-shirt and track shorts, I went to check if I have any homework that needed to be done. I was relieved to find none for I would probably be too exhausted to concentrate if I have homework to do. Quickly, I pack up my school stuff for school tomorrow...or to be precise, later in the morning. After everything was settled, I jumped to my king-size bed and use my mind to switch off the main light switch. Once the darkness welcomes me, I prayed that everything will be fine later today before drifting off to dream land...finally after a year. 

Onwards to Part 6


Back to Loving You Forever Index - Back to Original Fiction Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction