Onyx Days (part 3 of 4)

a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha fanfiction by Satashi

Back to Part 2 Untitled Document

I didn’t really mind the rain, in fact I rather enjoyed it. The dark clouds over my head did nothing to bring down my mood as I skated along the sidewalks. Hayate was so kind to give me special permission to roller blade on the base grounds while not in training; I would have to thank her again for it next time I saw her. My pace picked up when I spotted my pig tailed counter part up ahead of me. With a grin I skated up behind her and put my arm over her shoulder as I slowed down. At first she protested fiercely to the contact but after looking around a moment desperately she reluctantly allowed me to keep my arm there. Even after all this time she was still too shy to show her emotions in public, but it didn’t bother me that much. I liked her a lot and if she wasn’t ready to go public with her sexuality then I could wait for her. I also looked around a moment to double check everything before leaning over and giving her a quick peck to the cheek before I skated ahead a little bit.

Onyx Days III

By: Satashi

“Subaru!” Tia blushed quickly. “Don’t do that!”

“I made sure nobody was looking,” She countered happily as she skated backwards. “Don’t worry!”

With that fact remaining solid, she couldn’t find any other reason to protest the display of affection. “Still… wait till we’re in our room or something…”

“Oh?” Subaru stopped skating and allowed her to catch up. “Wait till we’re alone in our room? How bold!”

“N-not like that!” Tia bopped her girlfriend on the head, face turning red. “You idiot!”

“Mou, you didn’t have to hit me!”

“…Sorry.” She looked away and crossed her arms. “What are you doing out here?”

“Going to check up on Nanoha-san, you?”

“Going to see why Fate hasn’t contacted any of us yet.”

“Doesn’t she still have today on leave?” Subaru pondered aloud as the two walked into the mess hall on the lower floor of the residential area.

“Yes, but she still should have told us what to expect tomorrow.” Tia pressed the button to go to the sixth floor in the elevator and waited patiently for it to bring them up. “I hope they don’t get upset we’re dropping by so suddenly.”

“Everyone needs a get well party!” Subaru grinned happily, holding up her fist in a pose. “A little cheerleading will fix anyone right up.”

“Everyone isn’t so head strong as to beat off the flu with will power alone like you are.” Tia walked out the door, leaving Subaru to ponder if that was an insult or a compliment. The trek to their room was made quickly and the reddish-orange haired girl pushed the com button next to the entrance.

“…Who is it?” Fate’s horse voice asked after a few moments of silence.

Tia looked over at Subaru a moment before answering. “Tia and Subaru, ma’am”

The com was silent a moment longer before Fate’s voice came back up, this time sounding a little better. “Come in.”

Walking past the now open door, the two looked around the room in appreciation. “Nice place,” Subaru thought aloud. “I think it every time we come here.”

“Have to expect it from two of the three aces of the entire local area base…”

“Hello,” Fate greeted them, walking down the stairs and turning on the lights in the living room. She had finger combed her hair lightly but it was still evident that she had just gotten out of bed by the fact that she was in pajamas. “What brings you two here on your day off?”

“We came to see if Nanoha-san was doing any better.” Subaru replied happily as her rollerblades vanished underneath her to allow the girl to stand properly in their home.

“She’s asleep right now,” Fate smiled at them. “But she hasn’t thrown up yet today so I think it’s a very good improvement.” She left out the fact that the girl hasn’t even been awake more than five minutes that day as well.

“Fate-san... Um, sorry for saying so but… you don’t really look well today.” Tia gave her superior an apologetic look.

“I’m not, unfortunately.” The blond sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. “Nanoha-chan decided to share with me so now I have the flu as well.”

“Ouch,” the girls both winced at the same time. “Well then,” Subaru continued, ignoring the amused look on Fate since they had just said the same thing at the same time. “Where should we report to tomorrow?”

“Yuuno Scrya will be here to teach you battle formations and tactical advice.”

“Sorry, Ma’am,” Tia felt her cheeks color a little. “…Who is he?”

Fate smiled. “Chief librarian of the infinite library and rune explorer. All of our information on lost logia is sent to him before the main headquarters.” She decided to make her team appreciate the ferret a little bit more so she continued. “He’s also the reason Nanoha-chan and I met.” A flashback made her lips twitch up into a smile. “Although he was really annoying to me at that time…”

“I…see…” Subaru blinked. “Well, okay. We will all report to the training field at the normal time then?” She received a nod. “In that case we should probably go so you can rest up.”

“Thank you for stopping by,” Fate walked them to the door. “I’ll be sure to tell Nanoha-chan as soon as she wakes up.”

“Please do,” Tia saluted her before leaving the room. Subaru followed shortly after and the two took the elevator down to the floor beneath them. “Well, I guess we should go to bed at the usual time then.” She waved her hand across the scanner to unlock their room.

“Yeah.” Subaru gripped Mach Caliber in her hand a moment, letting the shoes on her feet vanish. “What do you want to do for the rest of the day? It will probably rain soon so we need to stay in.”

Tia looked out their window up at the black sky. “Spring showers bring May flowers I guess…” Looking back over at her room-mate, she shrugged before falling onto her bed. “I guess we can just rest.”

“Ehhh? That’s boring!” Subaru walked over to her and put her hands on her hips. “Let’s do something!”

“Like what?” Tia laid on her bed, closed her eyes, and put her hands behind her head.

“…Oh I don’t know…” Subaru’s voice suddenly became lighter and more playful.

Tia found her bed shift lightly and when she opened her eyes she found the blue haired girl crawling on top of her with a happy smile on her face. “Su-Subaru?” She stammered out, blushing. “Get off me…”

“Don’t wanna…” She gripped the hands that moved to push her off and interlaced their fingers before pinning them above the head of the girl beneath her.

Tia looked at her a moment before she realized just what was going through her girlfriend’s mind. “It’s still day time…”

“It doesn’t matter,” She leaned down and started kissing her neck.

“Subaru…” She tried to move her hands but found them still pinned. “You’re embarrassing me…”

“I’m sorry, Tia-chan.” She cooed softly, nibbling on the girl’s earlobe. “Should I stop?”

“…No…” She embraced their hands together and moved to try and kiss her.

“Hey… call me that again?” Subaru avoided her lips and instead went back to her shoulder, nipping lightly at her.

“Wha-what?” Tia flushed. “That’s embarrassing…”

“It’s okay,” She insisted, moving up to suck on the soft spot on her neck and leaving a small hickey there.

“Kiss me…” The reddish-orange haired girl tried once again to move so their lips would touch, disappointed when her girlfriend moved again. “Stop teasing me…”

“Then say it?” Subaru touched their foreheads together.

“Mou…” The girl looked at her a moment longer before moving her eyes away and letting her cheeks get darker. “Kiss me…Su-chan?” The pet name got a happy response and soon she found her lover’s lips on top of hers. Moments passed slowly as the two made out, hands shyly exploring each other’s bodies. Subaru was the first to make the most daring approach, running her hand along Tia’s thigh and allowing her fingers to slip under her miniskirt to touch the light fabric of her panties. “Be gentle…” she got a light giggle in reply before her lips were claimed in a soft kiss once more.


“Nggghnn…” Nanoha moaned out and rolled on her back. “I don’t want to be in bed anymore…”

“Right now I don’t want to be anywhere but bed,” Fate replied sleepily as she opened her eyes and looked at her friend. “How do you feel?”

“Like hell,” Nanoha moved over to lay on Fate’s chest but found the girl stopping her before she could. “No?”

“Not right now,” Fate shook her head and brought one hand up to rub her forehead. “I don’t feel so hot…”

“…Did I get you sick?” Her voice was a little scared, but she obviously already knew the answer.

“I got myself sick,” The blond replied as she reached out to hold hands. “I shouldn’t have kissed you.”

“We kissed?” Nanoha held her friend’s hand with one of hers and used her other to rub her eyes. “…Oh yeah, we did… twice. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize,” Fate coughed a little. “It was worth it.” She knew she had just admitted her feelings to the girl but under the medication she was on and the fever she currently had, she didn’t really mind.

“All the same, I’m sorry.” She crawled over to Fate once again and hugged her. “I hope you don’t get it as bad as I do…”

“I won’t, don’t worry.” Fate accepted the hug and allowed Nanoha to put her back against her front. “I don’t stay sick long at all, three days and I’ll be good as new.” She laid an arm over the girl’s waist and cuddled. “I’ll still take care of you, so whatever you want, just ask okay?”

“But…”

“No buts…” Fate took a steadying breath and ignored her sweating body trying to demand her to push Nanoha away so she could cool off. “Nanoha is mine; I’ll take care of her.”

The girl didn’t reply at first, just simply rubbed the hand that was around her. Finally after a minute or two she brought the hand up to her mouth and kissed the palm. “Okay. I’m yours, Fate-chan. Please take care of me.”

“Always.”

“And let me take care of you too.”

“Sure.”

“And in time, let me love you?”

“Only if you let me love you too.”

“Always,” Nanoha looked at the palm in front of her and gave another gentle kiss on it before bringing it to her chest and placing it over her heart. “…Always, and forever.”


Elio looked around while sitting at the training field. Wind blew around him lightly, making the hot humid air more tolerable. Already he had ran a mile that morning to loosen up his muscles and just finished up a few more stretches to ensure that he would be all right after a few days off of training. Currently he was alone, but he didn’t mind since he was early. The sun was just barely coming up now, casting an orange glow around him while he waited. “You’re up early, huh?” a voice made him turn around quickly.

“…Yuuno-san!” Elio saluted him promptly.

“Wow, you’ve gotten big.” Yuuno ruffled the boy’s hair. “Last time I saw you, you were this tall!” He held his hand at about Elio’s shoulder level. “You’ve grown quite a bit.”

“I’ve gotten a lot stronger too,” He added in to the compliments. “I’ll show you once Fate gets here.”

“She won’t be coming,” He informed with a lopsided smile. “Fate got sick along with Nanoha, so they called me in.”

Elio blinked. “Oh. Okay then, you’re going to be training us?”

“Well, I’m not a combat mage, so there’s nothing I can train you on in battle. I can, however, improve what you already know.” Yuuno reached into his shirt and pulled out Raising Heart. “I already stopped by Nanoha’s loft and picked up R.H. to record the information… want to get started while we wait for the others?”

“Sir!” Elio saluted.

“Well then…Raising Heart Excelion!” Yuuno flicked the gem into the air and held out his hands. “Change user: Yuuno Scrya!”

“User accepted.” Raising Heart confirmed as it floated in the air. “Please update Barrier Jacket and Device.” Yuuno closed his eyes a moment. “…Accepted.”

Yuuno’s clothes shattered around him, flaring his long hair out behind him as it did so. In a flash, the boy was given something akin to blue jeans, hanging loose around his legs. Brown hiking shoes graced his feet, amplified by sharp angle silver armor pieces. Moving up his body, the magic engulfed his chest and revealed a dark green tank top. More armor appeared in the form of a jean jacket that only came down to mid-stomach but covered his arms to the wrist, where they were lined in a matching silver. As the transformation ended, Raising Heart started to change as well, moving the materials available to form herself into a thick book, which was taken by the male. “Right.” Yuuno looked at his Barrier Jacket a moment to get the feel of it. “Not to shabby for a spur of the moment decision.” The book in his hand opened up almost to the middle. “Let’s see here… Elio Mondial… Got you.” He closed the book and grinned. “I now know all of the data that your device has stored.

“You read all that information already!?”

“I’m a librarian,” He tapped his temple. “Sucking information up quickly is what I live for. Now,” He smiled and held up a small silver bell and jingled it. “Your specialty is speed, right? Then your mission is to get this bell from me by any means possible.”

“You’re that fast!?”

“Oh no!” Yuuno laughed. “You’re way faster than me probably.” His lips stayed in a smile. “What I want you to learn from this is that speed isn’t everything… there are things you must know that will allow someone even slower than you to move in a way where you can’t beat them.” Several displays appeared around them and Yuuno quickly made the imitation city appear behind them. “Shall we?”

Elio held up his hand and summoned forth Strada. “Ready!”


“Mou, we’re late!” Tia cried out desperately as they ran down the sidewalk towards the training field. “And with a new teacher too! Subaru, I’m blaming you for this!”

“You’re the one who told me to be gentle!” She countered as she glided next to her friend.

“I said gentle, not six hours! I can’t believe we overslept!”

“Ahh! They’ve already started!” The two girls ran faster, trying to get to the field before anymore time slipped by them.

“Good morning,” Caro greeted them nervously. “This is our instructor for the next few days,” She pointed upwards to the monitor that showed Yuuno reading the book form of Raising Heart while dodging Elio’s attacks as if they were nothing. “Elio seems to be targeting the small silver bell on Instructor Yuuno’s belt.”

“Oh wow,” Subaru gasped out, amazed at how easily her squad member was being toyed with. “What is he an S, S+ mage?”

“AA,” Caro replied as she brought up a display about Yuuno. “He is a support mage so he’s not the best for individual combat. Elio-kun is faster than him but for some reason…” She motioned back to the battle.

Elio paused his onslaught and panted, glaring at the man in front of him who had one hand in his pocket while casually reading the remodeled Raising Heart. ‘Is it his device?’ he pondered while catching his breath. ‘That’s Nanoha-san’s weapon but he originally had it…Maybe he can use powers on it that Nanoha-san can’t?... No, that’s not it… if anything he isn’t even using it at twenty percent of its power… Then what is it? His own power?’

“Tired?” Yuuno looked up from reading. “Want to call it quits?”

“No!” Elio dashed forward again. ‘The book has all my information on it so he has to be using it to predict my moves!’ He slung his spear quickly and stabbed forward at an alarming speed. The long haired male simply danced to the side and moved his body around the thrust. Elio’s fingertips almost reached towards the man’s waist but found him quickly taking to the air to avoid the contact. “He can even fly…”

“Elio!” Yuuno called down happily at him. “What did I tell you at the beginning of all this?”

The red head though about it. “Even if an opponent is slower, they can still beat my best moves…What does it mean!?” Elio gripped his spear tighter. ‘That’s it!’ His eyes glared back up at his target. ‘He’s using tactical strategies against me! Just like me once I see an attack once, I won’t fall for it again… he’s seen countless battles alongside Nanoha and in text books!’

Yuuno grinned at him. ‘He’s figuring it out… I’ll have to be careful from now on or I’ll lose my bell.

Something I’ve never done… something I’ve never done…’ His eyes darted around. ‘There!’ Dashing forward he ran alongside the building. “Sonic move!” His feet blurred and the world seemed to freeze around him, allowing the boy to run up the side of the building.

“Seen it,” Yuuno whispered to himself while flying to the side. “You can’t jump this far.”

“Wing road!” Elio kicked off the building. ‘I’m moving too fast for the road to form so I’ll have to…’ He smirked at Yuuno’s surprised expression. The blue magic formed beneath him, moving much too slow for him to run along. When his feet landed against it, he immediately jumped again. “New Skill!” He exclaimed, reaching up to grab his prize. “Double jump!”

The silver bell jingled against his hand just a moment before he gripped it and tugged. Yuuno grabbed the boy along the waist and caught him next, laughing as they spun form the force of it. “And how were you planning on landing?” He mused, looking at the building right in front of him.

“Eh!? Um…” He flushed, not even thinking about it. “Rebound off the wall and fall several stories?”

“Sounds painful.” Yuuno flew over to the observation deck where the others were waiting. “Good morning,” He greeted, setting his friend down and saluting the other three. “My name is Yuuno Scrya, I’ll be your instructor for tactical strategies until Nanoha or Fate can pick back up. Maybe Vita if she comes back from her mission.” He looked down at Caro, who immediately saluted him. “Caro-san, I trust you learned something from watching?” He got a nod so he turned his attention to the two older members. “And you two, why were you late?”

“H-how did you know!?” Subaru blurted out, getting pinched by Tia to calm her outburst.

“Sorry, sir!” Tia saluted.

“Okay, you two.” He held up Raising Heart and let it glow a moment before looking down and flipping through the pages at an incredible speed. “Got it. You two will come at me together. The goal is to land a solid hit on me. Be warned, I will fight back this time.”

“Sir!”


Nanoha looked up from her place lying on the couch when Fate sat down in front of her. The girl placed two bowls of soup on the coffee table and pulled it closer to them. “Thanks,” She managed out as she also slid down to the floor.

“Sorry it’s not home made, but it’s the best I could do.” Fate coughed a little and rubbed her throat. “Does your throat hurt really badly?”

“I got used to it after dry heaving all day.” Nanoha sat by her friend an took her hand, pleased to find out that since she was left handed they could still eat properly while continuing the small act of affection. “How are you feeling?”

“Ugh, it’s only still just hitting me and I want to curl up and die.” She sniffed and coughed again. “I don’t feel sick to my stomach as much as my head wants to explode…”

“Aw, there-there.” Nanoha squeezed her hand gently. “A few days and we’ll be good as new.”

“And when we’re better what should we do?”

“Fiery love-love.”

Fate coughed while trying to eat a spoonful of soup and had to wipe her mouth off before looking over at her. “Nanoha-chan!”

She smiled. “I got my sense of humor back already.”

“Mou…” Fate looked down.

“Get your hopes up?” Nanoha leaned over against her playfully.

“Maybe,” Fate smiled back at her, not really caring if she admitted it or not anymore.

The brown haired girl leaned over more, making Fate tip over onto the floor. “The soup needs to cool down…”

“It does,” She agreed, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend’s neck. “We’re both sick anyway…?”

“Yes we are…” Leaning over, Nanoha began to kiss her sweetly.

Five minutes into the activity Nanoha pulled back and sat up, panting heavily and holding a hand to her chest. “Okay… Got to…. Stop….Before I … Throw up again…” She looked at her with regret. “Sorry Fate-chan… I’m getting too hot…”

“It’s okay…” Fate sat up as well and fixed her shirt. “I couldn’t breathe either…” She sniffed heavily.

“Oh gross, I thought that was slobber…” Nanoha wiped her face off on her shirt sleeve.

“Mou, don’t say that!” Fate blushed darkly. “At least I didn’t throw up on you.”

“You said you’d never bring that up again!” Nanoha pouted at her. “I felt really, really bad!”

The two girls looked at each other a moment before slowly breaking into light laughter. “Ow…” Fate giggled, holding her head. “Don’t make me laugh, it hurts…”

“Sorry Fate-chan.” Nanoha waited her them both to calm down before going back to her soup and sipping it. “Mmmm, just the right time to eat it.”

“How do you think our squad is doing?” Fate pondered aloud as she drank some water.

“Yuuno-kun came by when you were asleep and got Raising Heart from me, he said he was just going to try and make them cover their weaknesses.”

“I see,” Fate propped herself up by placing her cheek against her hand and leaning on the table. “I wonder how they’re doing right now?”

“Yuuno probably has his nose stuck in a book,” Nanoha giggled to herself.


Yuuno smiled to himself as he flew backwards in the air from the force of the blast that had just collided with the front of his barrier. Just as he suspected, a follow up came from the side, where Tia was aiming her dual pistols at him. ‘Outstanding teamwork,’ he mused while lifting his fingers to activate some more magic. ‘There are only a few openings I see that need to be exploited…

Tia gasped when small green chains erupted from the ground around her, instantly gripping her body. Before she knew what was happening her pistols were robbed from her and she was hung in the air behind Yuuno. “Well now,” Yuuno called out to Subaru, who was looking dumbstruck. “I have your partner, now what?”

Tia, can you break free?” Subaru narrowed her eyes and waited a moment. “Tia?

“Telepathy won’t work,” The blond man informed the two as he hovered in the air. “I’ve placed a shield around her.”

“That’s cheap!” Tia accused as she struggled. Moments passed before she cried out in pain. “Hey, what is this!?”

“Black Vice,” Yuuno informed. “The more you struggle the harder you will be gripped. If you move recklessly you will end up suffocating yourself.”

“That’s a little much, don’t you think?” Subaru shouted out angrily at the man. “Even Nanoha-san isn’t this brutal!”

“Then you better land a blow on me before she makes the binds too tight then, huh?” Yuuno smirked at her. ‘Your temper is your main problem,’ he mused as the girls took a moment to soak in the situation. ‘There’s no way I’d let them really get hurt, but as long as she doesn’t realize this I’ll be able to make her really pissed off…and then,’ He looked over at Tia, who was carefully testing the binding power of the chains. ‘It’ll be up to her.

“Let her go!” Subaru screamed, forming her wing road and engaging once again.

“Make me!” Yuuno shifted all of his shields directly in front of him, smirking. Subaru punched the first shield as hard as she could, loaded two cartridges and made the magic circle flicker under the stress. Before it broke completely Yuuno thrust his hand forward, making all of his shields slam into one and launch the girl backwards. “That all you have!?” He taunted with a laugh. The words worked liked he had hoped and the girl yelled out again, once more charging.

This isn’t going to work,’ Tia thought to herself, looking around. ‘These chains tighten even if I flinch…at this rate I’ll be crushed…’ Her eyes watched her partner cough out after being slammed through a building. Once more she launched forward, blasting Yuuno’s shields with everything she had. ‘Subaru, you idiot! There’s no way you can break through even one of those, let alone all of them! That bastard has probably five shields all focused... wait!’ Her mouth dropped lightly. It was as clear as day what was going on from her angle but knew that Subaru was too preoccupied to notice it. Yuuno had all of his shields directly in front of him, making a clear half sphere of complete immunity in front of his body. “Subaru!”

“Kinda busy!” She replied harshly, kicking and punching the shields only to be thrown back again and slide down her wing road.

“You idiot, listen to me! He has-!” Her words caught in her throat when Yuuno’s eyes met hers and one of his shields flashed around to cover his back. When she didn’t say anything else, the shield went back to the front. ‘He’s doing it on purpose…’ Tia swallowed thickly as her partner continued to go all out, burning with a fire from Yuuno’s constant taunting. ‘He’s trying to encourage us to make the right move… But How…

Subaru spit out a little blood from the cut on her lip and glared. “Stop hiding behind those shields and fight me!”

“But I like my shields,” he protested, slipping one hand in his pocket and bringing up a book in his other.

What’s that?’ Subaru instantly got defensive. ‘An arcane tome? An ancient magical relic? A spell book!? Raising Heart?!’

“This?” Yuuno looked at her as if he could read her thoughts. “This is just a book… I want to see how it ends.” He went back to reading.

“You… Pay attention to me!” Subaru once again skated up the wing road and roared, blasting the shield with her revolver knuckle and finally making it weak enough to break. Once through, she punched again, getting shot back harshly.

“Reflect shield,” Yuuno mused, turning a page. “Better be careful.”

Tia swallowed. ‘She can’t take much more…’ Her eyes closed as she thought a moment. ‘Her anger is making her only see what’s in front of her and not what’s around her…’ Her eyes opened quickly as an idea flew through her head. “Subaru!”

“Yeah!?”

Tia saw Yuuno’s ear twitch lightly. “You can’t see the forest because of all the trees!” She moved slightly, wincing as the chains tightened.

“…What!?” She gaped at her.

Tia watched Yuuno a moment, but his attention went back to the book when he decided that those words were acceptable to him. “You can’t see the forest because of all the trees!” She repeated the advice, adding in a wink to show that she meant it at something more than face value.

What does she mean…?’ Subaru skated in front of the man slowly. ‘If I see the trees then I obviously see the forest…So how could the trees keep me from seeing it…?’ Just to make sure Yuuno was still serious she shot a weak magical blast at him and dodged it when it was reflected back. ‘Trees… Trees…His barriers! They’re the trees! So what’s the forest…?’ Her eyes scanned the area, finally resting on the windows of an office building. The sun’s light made them all slightly white, reflecting the area around them and giving her a clean view of her opponent. ‘That’s it! I couldn’t see the barrier’s range because all I could see were the barriers! They’re only covering his front!’ Her lips twisted up into a smile. “Load cartridge!”

Yuuno smiled to himself as the attack against him was charged up. “Divine…!” Subaru reared back her fist. “Buster!” She launched the attack as close as she dared since the range was relatively short. The attack shot underneath the man and Subaru gripped her fist, concentrating hard. With a sharp tug, she ripped her hand backwards, making the attack change directions and fly towards Yuuno’s back. A flash of light blinded them all for a moment and when it cleared, Yuuno was still where he stood, only now his hair was flowing loosely around him, ponytail holder decimated.

“Match over,” He admitted, recalling his binds holding Tia and letting Subaru catch her. “Good job!”

“You okay Tia?” Subaru whispered softly down at her friend, looking at the slight red lines across her exposed skin.

“Yeah, fine.” She hopped from her arms and onto the wing road, looking at Yuuno as he flew towards them. “What was the point of all this?”

“You,” he pointed at Subaru. “Have a temper that blinds you to things that others can see. Although you’re plenty powerful, sometimes you need to take a breath and calm down. Your leaders won’t always be able to tell you what to do, and when they do they will use a type of code that you will need to figure out on your own, lest your opponents realize their mistake.”

“I see,” Subaru nodded.

“And you, Tia.” Yuuno looked over at the other girl. “Don’t rely enough on other people. The marks on your body are light right now, but if it was, say, Caro out there instead of Subaru, I’m willing to bet you’d be pretty badly bruised right now.” He held out his hand and started to treat the wounds the two had received. “If you don’t stop and admit to yourself that you need someone else, they will be gone before you know it and you’ll be alone to always wonder what happened. Your pride blinds you to accept that you aren’t perfect, that it’s okay to open up to someone and let them be there for you.” He smiled. “I chose that bind to try and make you realize that sometimes you do need others to help you.”

“…Okay,” Tia looked over at Subaru, who was too interested in Yuuno’s healing ability to return the glance.

“That concludes today’s lesson” Yuuno told the group as they all landed on the observation deck.

“But what about Caro?” Elio asked, looking over at his pink haired counter part. “Are you not going to do anything with her?”

“Caro’s training started the moment she got here,” Yuuno informed him with a grin. “Caro, did you learn a lot?”

“Yes sir!” She nodded. “Can I ask you about a few of them later? The binding magic was too powerful for me to break down.”

“Of course,” The older male grinned. “Besides that, did you manage to dissect my spells? Think you will be able to cast them?”

“Yes sir!” She saluted him.

“I want each of you to think about what you learned today and be prepare a counter strategy and a type of coding that only you know incase it ever happens again.”

“You mean we’re not going to practice again later today?” Caro asked, disappointed.

“I’m a librarian, not a fighter,” He reminded them. “I want you to know yourselves and your weaknesses, through that you will become stronger than any physical training will ever give you. Dismissed!”

Tia watched her three friends talk for just a moment before they started to go in their separate ways. Yuuno’s words came back to her mind, making her grip her fist. “Hey, Subaru!” She called out, making the people around turn and look at her. ‘If I don’t admit that I need someone, they may end up leaving me…’ She swallowed lightly. “Do you want to get a bite to eat or something?”

“Eh? Sure, I guess I’m hungry. Should we all go somewhere and-”

Tia cut her off. “No!” Her cheeks colored a little. “I mean just you and me… like a date…”

“A date?” Subaru blinked, feeling the eyes of the others on her. A few moments passed by her as the words sank in. “Yeah. Yeah! I’d love to go on a date with you!” She skated over to the girl and took her hand. “Come on!”

“H-hey!” Tia ran a few steps to keep up, not looking at the smiling people looking at her. “Not so fast you dork!”

“I’m not ‘dork’! Call me by my pet name again!”

“No!”


To be concluded...

Fun Facts:

-Tia's "love-love mode" mood was given to her because: "The quiet girls are always wild in bed" and "The wild girls are always quiet in bed"...so since Tia is always snappy and easily angered, I thought that her being a secret romantic would be a nice flare to her personality. To back it up, I'll point out that in one episode Subaru said to Tia "When you voice your insecurities, you're really thinking the opposet" and even though her words were like that, Subaru knew that Tia really just wanted encouragement from her. So with that, I made Tia act tough on the outside but be a softy when she was alone with Subaru. Sorry if you don't like it, but I think it's cute : D

-Yuuno's Barrier Jacket is a rip off "Future" Trunks from dragonball Z
-Yuuno's battle tactics were influenced by Kakashi from Naruto

Onwards to Part 4


Back to Onyx Days Index - Back to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction