Diamond Dust (part 2 of 3)

a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha fanfiction by Satashi

Back to Part 1 Untitled Document

I awoke slowly, pushing myself up in bed groggily and half wondering why the sun was already up. “Good Morning, my master.” Raging Heart immediately greeted me. “Your schedule has been changed. You have no appointments to keep today.” I coughed lightly, frowning at how my throat felt. A groan escaped my lips as I crawled off the bed and made a face at the blood stains on the sheets. “Please do not stress yourself today, my master.”

Diamond Dust II

By: Satashi

Nanoha opened her mouth to reply, but a sharp pain in her throat made her stop and lapse into a coughing fit. Falling to her knees, she held her throat and tried to calm herself down. Quickly she found someone rubbing her back and offering her an inhaler, which she took. A quick dose of whatever was inside it soothed her down instantly, once again letting her breathe normally. The girl turned to look at Shamal and offered an apologetic smile. “Here, sit on your bed a moment.” Nanoha found herself being helped up and she obediently sat down. “Let me observe you please.”

A few minutes went by in silence as Shamal gave her a check up. “Well, good news and bad news,” She spoke after a while. The blond removed the tongue depressor and sighed. “Good news is that the stuff in your system is in our records and I already got you medicine to take to cure it. Bad news is, it’s an inhalant and takes a while to work. Your throat is pretty messed up, Nanoha-chan. Does it hurt?” She got a short nod. “Do you think you can talk?” This time she shook her head. “I see. In that case, the best course of action would be to take medicine and come in every day for a check up. I want you to take a breath from this inhaler every hour… every thirty minutes would be better for the first day… after that, once an hour will be fine.” The woman gave her a soft look. “I’m sorry there’s not much else we can do in the mean time.” Her reply was a smile. “Come on downstairs,” Shamal looked at her. “You might want to change shirts first, though.”

Nanoha looked down, seeing her favorite night shirt ripped down the front and missing a few buttons. She let out a soft sigh and gently rubbed her chest where there were faint red marks from her nails and a soft bruise from where Fate had to get forceful with her. “Don’t mind, my master.” Raging Heart spoke to her comfortingly. To reply, Nanoha gave the red gem a small kiss before changing into casual clothing.

“Nanoha-chan, good morning!” Fate greeted her happily. “How do you feel?” She got a smile and a nod. “Does your throat hurt any?” Her friend shook her head. “…You can’t talk can you?” Nanoha scratched her cheek, making Fate instantly start to freak out.

“Now now,” Shamal Pet Fate on the head to make the girl calm herself. “She’ll be able to speak again in a day or so.” She smiled at Nanoha. “I already told Fate so I’ll let you know as well, the necklace you have on is a magic trinket.” She watched Nanoha touch the inch wide yellow necklace encircling her neck. Although it appeared to be on her skin directly, Nanoha didn’t seem to even feel it. “It will monitor how well you are breathing. When it gets darker and starts turning red it means that your breath is getting short. Anything that gets close will instantly alert me so I can check on you. Eventually it will turn green, which means you are A-ok again.” She gave the girl a firm look. “Nanoha-chan, please don’t do anything that will make me worry?” She paused a moment. “Wait, never mind. Raging Heart, don’t let Nanoha do anything that will worry me okay?”

“All Right,” The necklace spoke up, making Nanoha give the older woman a pout.


“Nanoha-chan, I really think you should rest for the day.” Fate told her friend as they walked down the halls of their office building. “You should be in bed!”

I’m fine,” Nanoha spoke to her mentally. “You’re worrying too much.” The girl sat down at her desk and put her purse on the floor next to her. “I have too much paper work to do; I should use this time to get caught up.” Several transparent monitors appeared around her. The female went to start typing but a sudden pain in her arm reminded her that her left arm was currently incapacitated at the moment. “Not a word, Fate-chan.

The blond covered her mouth, obviously pleased that her friend had just embarrassed herself. “Come on, I scheduled myself to fill in for your teaching since Vita is on a mission right now.” Fate reached out for her hand and got it when Nanoha stood up and re-collected her purse.

It’s going to be a loooooong few days.


Nanoha’s students were shocked when they saw their teacher to say the least. Rushie had instantly ran over to her and asked what happened while the others stood in disbelief at seeing their instructor with a sling and a monitoring device around her neck. “She had an accident on a mission is all,” Fate informed the pink haired girl as they walked to the rest of the group. “Instructor Nanoha is unable to speak right now because of certain reasons so until she gets better I will be in charge of your training, along with Vita if she gets back before this is over.”

“Ma’am!” Subaru raised her hand, getting Fate to look at her. “Will Instructor Nanoha be all right?”

“Don’t worry,” Raging Heart told them as Nanoha stepped up to stand next to Fate. “My master will be fine,” It continued.

I was planning on making them run team work exercises today,” Nanoha sent to Fate as she looked at them. “Subaru and Tia work well together already but the others just met each other so they don’t have any form of unity as a team just yet.”

“Okay,” Fate nodded. “We’re doing teamwork today. A flurry of monitors came to her call around the girl, as well as keyboards. Typing quickly, she formed a type of jungle on the training field. “Tia and Elio, you will be group one. Subaru and Rushie you will be group two. Your goals will be to find each other in the jungle and then proceed to find the target base and destroy it.”

“Ma’am!” They all saluted.


“I’m starving,” Fate greeted Hayate at the mess hall, falling into a chair with a tray in front of her. “How is your day?”

“As good as it gets,” She replied around a few French fries. “Not much happening right now so I’m doing standard paper work and trying to get a few A-class mages to join our division.”

“That would be nice,” Fate agreed as Nanoha sat down with nothing but a drink. “Nanoha, is that all you’re going to get for lunch?” She watched her friend point to her neck, making her instantly feel horrible. “…It’s that bad?” Nanoha looked down a moment before lifting head back up and smiling.

“I talked to Shamal already,” Hayate told her, watching Nanoha take a quick puff from her inhaler before she decided to drink her fruit smoothie. “I feel so bad for you.” Nanoha waved it off. “I cleaned your schedule for the next three days, so please use the time to get some rest.”

“See, I told you that you should rest.” Fate got a mean look from Nanoha. “I know you’re a tough girl, but even tough girls need a rest every now and then.”

“Telepathy?” Hayate inquired, nibbling her food. “That will come in handy. Too bad doing it to several people at once is both annoyingly difficult and not to mention draining.”

“Ah. Nanoha-chan talks to me and I say what she’s thinking.”

“Ooh, how sweet.” Hayate teased. “You’re her words, just like a couple.”

“We’re not…well…. Um…” Fate looked over at Nanoha, who instantly blushed. The girl looked down a moment, as if thinking, before looking back up and smiling at Fate, nodding her head happily. “We sort of are…a couple I mean.”

“Oh my, you both finally bit the bullet and asked each other out?” Hayate looked surprised.

“Seeing you two flirt all the time and it not lead anywhere was annoying!” Rein added in, flying over to them and catching the tail end of the conversation. “Honestly, you can’t keep your hands off each other for five minutes and it took this long?”

Both girls looked away in embarrassment.


Nanoha looked up boredly as Fate walked into the door of their loft. “I’m home,” the blond informed her as she walked over to the couch and sat down next to her lying friend. “Anything good on T.V.?” she watched her girlfriend shake her head as she flipped channels, finally stopping on something that didn’t really interest her but was better than nothing. “I’m done for the day,” Fate added, allowing one hand to rest on Nanoha’s head, stroking it much like she would pet a dog. “Since it started to rain, I cancelled the rest of practice and told them to make different level cartridges so tomorrow I’ll go over how to conserve them and when to splurge on them.”

Oh?” Nanoha looked up at her and crawled to a sitting position before slinging her legs over on top of her friends so she was sitting on the couch sideways. “I didn’t know it started to rain.” Her words drifted into Fate’s heart as she put an arm around her back. In response, Nanoha draped her good arm over Fate’s shoulders and gave her a happy look. “Ne, Fate-chan?

“Yes?” The slightly taller girl looked over at her friend, finding it amusing all their conversations today had been one-sided since she couldn’t talk.

Nanoha looked into Fate’s eyes and scooted a little closer. “About last night…” Her words were a little nervous; despite them not being spoken, Fate could still feel the uneasiness in the communication. “Can I… hear it again? Fate-chan’s feelings?

“Nanoha…” Fate knew how she felt as well. It had been late when the words were said, and after a very scaring moment to boot. Somewhere deep in the back of her mind she wanted confirmation as well, something more than just a nod and saying that they were a couple with a giggle. “I…” She brought a hand upward to gently trail a finger over her friend’s cheek. “I really care about you,” she whispered out as her hand went behind Nanoha’s ear, gently pulling her face closer. “Deeply,” She continued as their foreheads were placed together. “I love you, Nanoha. With everything I have to offer.”

“Fa…..te…” She managed out, closing her eyes.

“Shhhh, you don’t have to speak.” She shushed her quietly. “I want to hear it again…but you can tell me any way you want to…” The arm around her shoulders shifted lightly and moved so Nanoha’s elbow was behind her neck, pulling her body closer as the brown haired girl cuddled up on her.

Now that they were closer and touching more, Nanoha gave Fate her answer. Gently her lips found the blonde’s and she pressed them together in a light kiss. When it ended, she looked into her girlfriend’s eyes again, once more kissing but keeping her slate blue orbs gazing into her red ones instead of closing them again. The kiss ended reluctantly but Fate’s fingers lightly threaded through her hair and gently urged her back for another contact. One kiss changed into two or three, then four or five. The number was lost after that, each girl pulling back just enough to get a little air while looking at each other longingly. The pony tailed girl took the moment to reach out her hand and form a translucent keyboard at her motion. She looked behind Fate at the monitor and pushed the buttons that would turn off the TV and also kill the lights as well. The action made Fate blush instantly, but what followed made even the tips of her ears turn red in embarrassment.

Nanoha leaned back slowly, pulling the other girl down with her as she did so. From their position they landed on the couch awkwardly, forcing Fate to change how she was laying. She ended up settling with propping herself above the girl on her hands and knees. One of her legs was between hers and the other pressed tight between the side of the couch and Nanoha’s. The girl on bottom looked up at her with a gentle gaze, asking a silent question if what she just did was all right or not. Her free hand was still on Fate’s neck, slowly running her finger tips from where her shoulders met her neck and up into her hairline before going back down again. The motions made Fate calm down a little and lose most of the nervousness that had grabbed a hold of her when she was pulled down. “If I start,” She whispered, leaning down and putting both hands under Nanoha’s neck to gently rub. “I don’t think I could stop…”

I wouldn’t want you to…” Nanoha mentally told her, instantly getting attacked by Fate’s lips. The kissing this time was more passionate, each one being replaced by another deeper kiss. Nanoha’s good hand instantly went to rub Fate’s back, sliding up her shirt to make contact with her skin. Their mouths became wetter, kisses starting to get more frantic and missing each other’s lips in their hurry to start a new one before the old was even finished.

Before she even realized it, Fate had both hands under Nanoha’s shirt, rubbing her sides and occasionally across her stomach. The warm fingers trails to the waistband of her skirt before pressing close against her skin and running all the way up to under her arms, where they looped to grab her shoulders before moving back down again. Each pass made the blonde’s resolve weaken even less, finally reaching the break away point where her palms were running over the fabric of Nanoha’s bra.

The girl replied with an encouraging sound, pushing her chest upwards. The movement caught Fate by surprise, making her hands slips under the fabric instead of on top as she had intended. She paused briefly to wonder if she should try and stop, but Nanoha lifted herself up again, silently asking what the hold up was. With nothing else to make her restrain herself, Fate quickly pulled her girlfriend’s shirt up completely to reveal her breast. She allowed herself to pull back from her soon to be lover’s lips to gaze down passionately, amazed at how even though she had seen Nanoha naked countless times before, she was suddenly turned on by the simple sight. Her hands went to work as her mouth sought out her lips again. Gently she cupped her breast and massaged, making Nanoha gasp out roughly in passion.

“Fate, stop that!” The voice made the girl instantly jerk back, shocked and scared. “No wonder I got an alert!” Fate realized that Nanoha wasn’t the one who had spoken and her eyes quickly darted around, finally seeing a monitor in front of her with Shamal’s red face. Fate sat up quickly, embarrassed and trying to stammer out something in reply.

Nanoha instantly shuffled behind Fate in an attempt to hide herself. She put her head behind Fate’s shoulders and shakily tried to fix her shirt and button the clasp that she didn’t even recall Fate undoing with her one good hand. Her breath was short and ragged from the encounter and embarrassment, making her cough slightly as she attempted to fix the last button. Finally she realized that she was starting to have problems breathing and fell off the couch, reaching for her inhaler. A quick inhale made her feel so much better that she decided to take another, and then a third.

“Oh my god, are you all right?” Fate got behind her and rubbed her back soothingly, looking at the girl in fear as she wiped the tears from her eyes caused by the sudden fright. Nanoha nodded briefly, taking a long slow intake through her nose before letting it out her mouth before nodding again as if to confirm it to herself.

“Do you have any idea how worried I was when I suddenly got a warning signal saying that Nanoha was having trouble breathing?” Shamal scolded Fate, getting into one of her rare serious modes. “I was about to run over there in the rain!” She watched Fate look over at Nanoha and, indeed, see the necklace she was wearing was more of an orange-ish color than yellow. “I told you not to do anything to make me worry, Nanoha-chan!” The words made the younger girl sink back to try and hide again, blushing horribly.

Nanoha brought her hand to her chest and tried to calm herself down again.’ I just got caught making out,’ She thought to herself, face getting hotter. ‘I just got caught making out while rounding second base!’ Her mind added on for her. ‘I just got caught making out while rounding second base by SHAMAL’ The final part made her lose it completely and she grabbed the back of Fate’s shirt and hid her face in the hair.

“And another thing,” Shamal was going on, but paused as someone walked into the room. “Ah Signum, welcome back!”

“Are you yelling at someone?” She asked.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t believe what Fate just did!”

“Don’t tell her!” Fate screamed as the monitor blipped off. “Oh no, anyone but Signum!” The dark room stayed silent a moment, only sounds coming from the ever increasing patter of rain splashing onto the window. Fate felt Nanoha’s hands let go of her shirt and reach around shakingly to hug her from behind. “Are you okay?” She asked gently, taking the hands around her and rubbing them. She got a small nod against her back and the two sat there a moment more before the brown haired girl finally stood up.

Let’s take a nap?” She asked silently, helping Fate to her feet and taking a small amount of satisfaction in the fact that she looked a little unsteady after the intimate relation they just shared. A nod answered her and the two held hands as they walked up the stairs. Nanoha undid her skirt with one hand and let it simply fall to the floor before stepping out if it and fumbling with the buttons to her shirt.

Fate came to her rescue and helped her, gently guiding her sore arm through the sleeve and undoing the sling so she could rest without having it pinned against her side. The blush had never left her cheeks in the first place, but she found it growing as she watched Nanoha reach behind herself and unclasp her bra. Shyly she turned around and started to undress herself while Nanoha slid on a long nightshirt that went to her knees. Minutes later, Fate was also changed, sitting on the now-cleaned sheets of the bed before crawling over to the middle where Nanoha was. The brown haired girl smiled at her, scooting closer so their fronts were touching and her face was close enough to hers that she felt her breathe. “Hey,” She greeted her softly, getting a peaceful look in reply, followed by a gentle kiss. “When you get better…” She closed her eyes a moment in embarrassment.

When I’m better we’ll continue,” Nanoha finished for her, closing her eyes as well. “And next time, we’ll be in bed…That couch isn’t really comfortable to lay on.”

Fate couldn’t help but to laugh. “Okay. Next time, in bed, with nothing to interrupt us.” They stayed quiet for a while, simply listening to the rain while holding each other.

Hey Fate?” Nanoha finally asked before her girlfriend drifted off to sleep. She got a small hum to show her she was listening. “I love you, Fate.

I know,” The words drifted into Nanoha’s heart soothingly. “I know, sweetheart. I love you too.”

Onwards to Part 3


Back to Diamond Dust Index - Back to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction