Intermission

a Megaman fanfiction by Space Medafighter X

The clanging of metal boots against the earthen floor. Heavy breathing echoed constantly, occasionally interrupted by a sudden gasp. Suddenly, a voice could be heard through the radio: "This is Jacobson, I've found the Model W, but I'm pinned down... I don't know how much longer- No!" The sound of gunfire, followed by static.

"Vent here, I've just lost contact with Jacobson," the young member of the Guardians spoke. "He said he found the fragment before... I'm transmitting his last coordinates to you now."

Aile was gasping as she gave a reply, "I've run into some trouble on my end, how quickly can you be there?"

"I'm about ten minutes from the location- Do you need backup?" Vent's voice carried over the airwaves.

"Negative; our primary concern is the fragment! Don't let Jacobson's death be in vain," Aile reaffirmed.

"Jacobson's death?" laughed a maniacal voice. "What about your own?!"

Aile, one of two young heroes of the Guardians chosen by the Biometals; a relatively tall young woman, she stood at 5' 10", fully clad in red armor. In her right hand, she held a beam saber, a green sword-like weapon known to cut through solid steel; in her opposite hand resided a small buster gun, useful against soft targets, but practically useless against any form of armor.

She took a defensive stance as the speaker of the threat rushed towards her, bring a scythe-like weapon down in a simple yet effective slashing motion. Aile locked her saber with the scythe, then raised her buster to fire, only to have her assailant kick it from her hands before she could get a shot off. Aile brought her now free hand to her other, and began to push back with her saber, forcing the assailant to retract his scythe. Aile responded with a flowing-water cut, managing to take a small chunk of her foe's armor off, revealing metallic skin underneath.

"Prometheus, I have what we came for, let's go!" Aile could hear her attacker's radio.

"No!" She cried out as she rushed towards Prometheus, using both hands to bring her saber upon him in a horizontal slice, only to see him jump back.

"It seems the day is ours- A pity I don't have the time to finish you, but it seems as though my scythe is the only one you'll be seeing today," Prometheus laughed as he began to fade away. "Savor your life, for next time we meet, it will end!"

Aile slashed at the air as Prometheus teleported away. In anger, she dropped to her knees and punched at the ground, leaving a miniature crater in the ground. She deactivated her saber as she picked up the buster, then contacted the rest of the Guardians. "Aile here, all units, abort and return to base immediately."

---

Back on board the Guardian's airship, Vent was furious. "You were less then twenty meters from the target! How could you let them get away?!"

"Everyone did the best they could," Prairie interrupted. "What more can you ask of them?"

"That's the fifth fragment we've lost this month! What was it you said to me? 'Don't let Jacobson's death be in vain.', was it? Well guess what happened!" Vent's words brought tears to Aile's eyes.

"Vent, that's enough!" Prairie was appalled that Vent would place the death of a fellow soldier onto Aile's shoulders. "What happened out there is no one's fault! Aile puts her life on the line every bit as much as you do, and if it wasn't for her, you'd be dead countless times over!"

Aile was still crying, entirely convinced that their failure was her fault alone. With a sigh, Vent reluctantly admitted, "You're right; I was just as late as anyone else. But... We were so close this time! And to see it just slip from our hands like that... If only Giro was still around, I'm sure he would know what to do."

Aile ran to her quarters with tears continuing to flow down her face. After slapping Vent, Prairie quickly chased to console her.

A few minutes later, Prairie knocked on Aile's door as she called out, "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine!" Aile cried, opening her door as she tried to fake a smile. "Really, w-why wouldn't I be?"

"Why don't you sit down?" Prairie suggested as she entered with a mug in hand. "I brought you some coffee."

"T-thanks," Aile wiped some tears from her eyes before accepting the the drink, and sitting atop her bed.

"What happened out there today wasn't your fault," Prairie went straight to the point. "I know it's not easy, watching those around you die... But you can't blame yourself for their deaths."

"I don't, really," Aile sipped the coffee. "Honestly, I know it's not my fault. Jacobson... G-giro..." Aile began to cry again before muttering softly, "Mother..."

Prairie sat down beside Aile, and pulled her into a gentle embrace, "Don't cry... I know it's difficult, but they wouldn't want to see you cry."

"How do you do it?" Aile asked, wiping her still flowing tears once more. "How do you always put such a strong face forward?"

"I have to; if I don't, then those who see me will be overcome with a similar sadness," Prairie explained. "And, of course, it helps to see your smiling face each day; it gives me the strength to go on. So please... For all of us... Let us see your smile once more."

A few moments passed as Aile dried her tears once more. As she stopped crying, she turned to her commander and spoke, "Prairie... Thank you."

"I'd do anything to make you smile," Prairie replied with a smile of her own.

"A-anything?" Aile asked.

Prairie simply nodded. Without a moment's hesitation, Aile pulled Prairie towards her, and gave her a brief kiss before pushing her away, crying, "I... I'm sorry! I just..."

"Don't be," Prairie silenced Aile with a kiss of her own.

For a few brief seconds, bliss raced through the minds of the two girls as their tongues danced, each savoring the taste of the other's lips.

"P-Prairie?" Aile pushed away.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that..." Prairie said, to which Aile couldn't help but laugh. "What's so funny?"

"Taken advantage of me?" Aile asked as she stuck her tongue out. "I kissed you first."

Prairie though on it for a moment, "Hey! Y-you did! So... Does that mean..."

Aile nodded. "Ever since I first saw you, I've wanted to do that... But I was always afraid to. Every time I fight a falseroid, every time my life is on its last thread... I think about you. It's not that I'm afraid to die... It's that I'm afraid I won't be able to see you again... And that gives me the strength to fight."

"You don't have to be afraid," Prairie softly pulled Aile into a gentle embrace. "Everything I have to offer is yours to take, even my body and heart...I said I would do anything to make you smile, and I meant exactly that."

"Prairie..." Aile whispered, "I... I want you."

"I'm already yours," Prairie replied as she began to disrobe.

The repliroid's synthetic skin shined with an exotic glow. Ample breasts cast gentle shadows upon the commander's slender form, as her lovely golden hair gently swayed back and forth. Aile could only stare in awe.

"With beauty such as your own, mine shouldn't surprise you," Prairie said, causing Aile's face to blush a beet red.

"Do you really think that I'm beautiful?" Aile asked.

"More so than anyone or anything else I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on," Prairie said as she lay down on Aile's bed.

"What do I do?" Aile asked with nervousness in her voice.

"Whatever you want," Prairie answered. "Although, you'll probably want to start by taking off your clothes."

"Oh, right!" Aile chuckled before cautiously undressing.

Aile's form shone with a simple yet wonderful beauty about it; her modest breasts gracefully overlooked her body. Her skin showed enough muscle tone to make it obvious that she was a warrior, but did not betray her feminine figure.

"C-could you talk me through this?" Aile asked, blushing brighter than ever. "This... This is my first time."

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Prairie noted Aile's apprehensiveness. "You don't have to do this, you know."

"No, I want this, I really do," Aile shook her head. "I'm just not sure how good I'll be."

Prairie chuckled as she gently pulled Aile atop of her, "Don't worry, you'll do fine. Just follow my lead."

Prairie began to kiss Aile sensually as she brought her hands to Aile's breasts, gently kneading them in circles. The young woman moaned softly as she gently bit Prairie's tongue.

"They're so soft, so heavenly," Prairie chuckled. "Perhaps we should compare them to mine?"

Aile was confused, "What do you mean compa-"

Prairie pulled the two of them together, rubbing their breasts against each other, causing Aile to gasp in pleasure, interrupting herself. Aile felt as though she were in a living heaven as her breasts continued to collide with Prairie's, sending waves of gentle pleasure through their bodies.

"See Aile? You're a fast learner," Prairie moaned in pleasure. "Now, for this next part, I just want you to relax, and let me do all the work."

Aile nodded, "What are you going to do?"

"I was thinking I'd star with... this!" with that, Prairie, gently plunged two fingers into the young hunter's cunt, but was careful not to break her virgin barrier.

Aile howled in pleasure, then subconsciously began to suck on Prairie's left breast. Prairie pushed her away briefly, "Just let the emotions flow through you- like I said, let me do the work."

Prairie breifly retreated, only to place her hot, wet tongue between the lovely valley formed by Aile's breasts. Slowly, Prairie sensually licked across Aile's body, her tongue gliding downwards at a calm pace that caused Aile to writhe madly in pleasure. After what felt like hours, Prairie had reached her target: the pussy. She eagerly licked at Aile's soaked folds, causing the young one to constantly moan in ecstasy.

"P-please," Aile managed to get out. "I-I want... Take... M-me. Make... Me yours!"

"Are you certain?" Prairie asked. "It'll hurt a great deal... Are you certain that's what you want?"

"Yes," was all Aile could manage to get out in her current state.

"Alright... Don't be afraid to cry, I'll wipe away the tears," Prairie reassured her lover.

Aile screamed as pain and pleasure began to fight for control of her emotions, causing feelings of terror and sanctuary to simultaneously tumult through her body. She cried, but just as was promised, Prairie's gentle hands wiped them away.

"Don't worry, the hard part is past," Prairie reassured Aile with a soothing voice. "Now, you will only feel pleasure, I promise."

With that, Prairie took her hand, and began to rub Aile's sensitive quim, first slowly, but quickly gaining speed. All the while, their tongues parried in a lovely dance of oneness, sending Aile to the brink of madness. Finally, with a scream which she feared the entire ship would hear, Aile felt glorious release, a sensation beyond anything she had ever felt before.

"N-now to return the fa-favor," Aile was gasping, hardly able to breathe.

"Don't worry, you can do it tomorrow," Prairie said as she pulled Aile atop her breasts. "But for tonight, sleep. You need your rest."

"Mmmhm," was all Aile could manage. As she drifted off to sleep, she managed to let out three final words: "I love you."

"And I you," Prairie said, gently stroking her lover's hair as she herself slowly drifted into sleep as well.


Back to Megaman Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction