A Phoenix Reborn (part 9 of 9)

a Kaleido Star fanfiction by LyThi

Back to Part 8 Untitled Document

Bold are thoughts. Italics are enfaces and flashbacks.

----------

“Stop what?” asked an alarmed Layla. Her father’s tone was one Layla had never been on the receiving end of before. “If this is about the surgery then you have to know I’m going through with this no matter what. My dream is to return to Kaleido Stage and no second rate movie or play is going to change where I really belong.” Layla knew her father had other plans for her than Kaleido stage but she had to follow her heart. “There is nothing you can say that can talk me out of this so it’s best you don’t try.”

The sternness in his eyes didn’t relent for a second. Finding out about the surgery disappointed him but he figured Layla wasn’t ready to move on yet but that was the least of what worried him. “Don’t play games with me. If you want to waste your life then that’s your choice to make but this has nothing do with that.”

The blonde almost cringed, she knew her father would be upset over missing the meeting with Mr. Bracken but yesterday was something she had to do for herself. “If this is about missing the contract signing then I’m sorry but I had other important arrangements I couldn’t miss.”

Did she really think I didn’t notice?” Mr. Hamilton’s eyes narrowed. “I’m talking about this situation between you and Sora.”

Did he overhear us?” Layla didn’t like where this conversation was heading. She never planned to lie to her father but she wanted to have a more stabilized relationship with Sora before she started telling people. Having her father find out about it now was going to be trouble and she knew it. “What about her?”

Richard heard what Macquarie had told him but he refused to believe what she said off hand. Following the information the maid gave him, Mr. Hamilton tracked down Layla at the hospital and when he came to visit her it was just in time to hear the brunette say she was in love with Layla. It was then he realized that Macquarie was dead on but the part that truly shocked him was when Layla was ready to say those three little words back. “I know you two have a close relationship but I think you’ve crossed the line.”

Her father’s words were chilling. This whole time in Boston she honestly believed that she was ready to be open about her feelings but now that she was confronted with the one person she never wanted to disappoint, she was terrified about how he would react. “I don’t understand what you mean father. Sora is my partner, if all goes well with the surgery then I’m hoping to star opposite her again.”

Richard figured it was time they stopped dancing around the subject. “I’m not blind or deaf Layla. You clearly like her more than a friend unless you are going to tell me you were only humoring her when she said she loved you.”

Layla took her time to respond. She could see the anger that burned in his eyes and it hurt her deeply. “This isn’t how I wanted you to find out.” A hospital room wasn’t the ideal place for this conversation but her father needed an explanation. “Things have changed a lot between us.”

Oh god I was afraid of this, she has no idea what she’s doing. The tabloids alone will ruin everything she has accomplished.” Mr. Hamilton blew out a sigh of frustration. “Please Layla… please tell me that you don’t feel the same way as that woman.”

I guess it’s best to be honest. I’m sure he’ll understand, after all he’s always wanted what’s best for me and even he can see that’s Sora.” Layla was very quiet before she finally answered her father. “Sora’s feelings are……mutual.”

The last part was whispered so quietly that Mr. Hamilton had to strain his ears just to hear. “What did you say?”

Some of Layla’s nervousness disappeared when she looked directly into her father’s eyes. “I love her. I don’t know exactly when it happened but these feelings have been inside me for a long time.”

Hearing his daughter openly admit what he already figured out was like a blow to his stomach. “How could you do something like this?”

Layla scoffed. “If people could figure out how to control who we fall in love with then this world would be a less confusing place. When it comes to loving Sora, it’s possibly the easiest thing I’ve ever done in my life. I don’t think I’ve met a single person that wasn’t drawn to her.”

“Enough!” Mr. Hamilton couldn’t believe this was his daughter he was talking to. “What happened to Yuri? I thought you liked him.”

“I may have been close to Yuri a long time ago but it’s nothing compared to how I feel about Sora.”

“Be that as it may but don’t you have any consideration about your career? Dam it Layla, she’s a woman.” retorted Richard with bitterness.

Layla knew her father was going to have a hard time accepting this but she didn’t think he’d act so pigheaded. “I don’t care about my career if it’s going to cost me Sora and there is nothing wrong with loving a woman. You loved mom didn’t you?”

“That’s because I’m supposed to.” He couldn’t believe she was trying to compare the two. “I thought I raised you better. Don’t you care at all what people would think?”

“The persons opinion I value the most is the one standing in front of me but it’s clear how you feel about it.” Layla’s voice became very calm. She was looking at her father like she didn’t even recognize him.

Mr. Hamilton saw the incredulous look and it angered him that she thought he would act otherwise. “Don’t you give me that look young lady. How could you act shocked that I would feel differently about this. This isn’t the kind of thing I wished for my daughter to become. Was I the one who caused this?” Mr. Hamilton trailed off and he was almost talking to himself. “Is it because I allowed you to live this entertainer lifestyle? Maybe if I encouraged you to study business like I originally wanted then something like this never would have happened.”

“Stop it!” yelled Layla, effectively cutting off her father’s rant. “Why are you acting like I’m doing something wrong. This is one of the only things I’ve ever done that truly feels right and I won’t have you condemning me for it. And if you think this has anything to do with show business or the kind of schooling you gave me then you are not as smart as I gave you credit for.” The blonde had reached her limit and she finally snapped. She always did everything she could to make her father happy. The one time she needed him to understand her he had to go and say such ignorant things. “I never knew you were so close minded.”

Mr. Hamilton was truly shocked. Layla had never yelled at him let alone insult him. “What happened to you? Where is the daughter I raised?”

Layla eyes began to water. “I’m right here father, why is all of this so hard for you to understand.”

Mr. Hamilton understood perfectly. Layla was too young to really know what she wanted. He tried to convince himself that she was only experimenting or maybe just being led around by Sora who was using their close relationship to confuse her “I understand just fine Layla. I understand you need to end this now before you make the biggest mistake of your life.”

Layla clenched her fist and did everything she could to prevent any sudden movements that might jar the IV that was attached to her arm. “The only mistake would have been letting her go. I would probably spend the rest of my life having missed the only chance to live happily ever after with the one person the universe makes just for you.”

Mr. Hamilton couldn’t believe how ridiculous his daughter was being. “You can’t honestly believe that?”

“Before exploring my feelings for Sora I would have been just as skeptical as you are. Now that I’m finally being honest with myself I believe in that……I believe in that very much.”

The man shook his head, he didn’t want to hear this kind of nonsense. He always wanted the best for Layla and it pained him that she couldn’t see the mistake she was making. “You’re not thinking very clearly Layla. These kinds of relationships never work out. You’re just setting yourself up to get hurt and once people find out your never going to live down that kind of stigma.”

Why is he being like this?” Her father’s refusal to understand hurt her more than she was prepared for.

“That’s why I want you to stop this now. You’re better off having nothing more to do with that…woman.”

“Her name is Sora and I have to find out where this leads me. I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t.”

Mr. Hamilton donned the hard emotional shell he used when buying out small firms and firing employees. “We’ll see about that.” He had to be tough for Layla’s own good. “If you don’t stop seeing that woman I’m cutting you off.”

Layla’s face reacted like she had been slapped. “Cutting me off?”

“It means if you pursue this I’m going to have nothing more to do with you.”

Layla didn’t know how to respond but the brunette, that just walked in the door long enough to hear what Mr. Hamilton said, had plenty to say. “How could you say such a thing?”

Richard turned around and glared at the woman who turned his own daughter against him. “You.”

“That’s right ‘me’” Sora crossed her arms across her chest. “How could you say something so hurtful to a daughter that adores you as much as she does.”

Mr. Hamilton almost found that laughable. “My daughter has a funny way of showing she loves me. If she truly cared about me she wouldn’t have gotten involved with a deviant like you.”

Sora wasn’t used to being on the receiving end of such spite and she was struck speechless. Layla on the other hand wouldn’t stand for that. “How dare you talk to her like that. The only deviant around here is you.”

Mr. Hamilton turned back around to face the blonde. “How dare you talk to me this way. Look at you Layla, Your mother would have been ashamed.”

If words could hurt then what her father just said inflicted a mortal wound aimed directly at her heart. The shocked expression on Layla’s face spoke volumes as tears fell silently from her eyes.

Richard realized just how painful what he said was. It was something that slipped out before he could take it back and now the damage was already done. “Layla I…I didn’t mean that.” Whatever Mr. Hamilton was going to say was cut off by a loud clapping sound followed by a sharp sting of pain on his left cheek. When he regained his senses, Richard was staring at the face of an enraged Sora. “You slapped me.”

“Dam right I slapped you. Do you even know how hurtful what you just said was.” There were few times in Sora’s life where she lost her temper so completely. She now realized an easy way to piss her off was to hurt the woman she loved.

Layla’s father wanted to be furious but one look over Sora’s shoulder at his distraught daughter and all that changed. To know he was the cause of that pain was heart wrenching. The last time he’d seen her cry was before her mother died. “I really didn’t mean what I said.” whispered Mr. Hamilton softly.

Sora took a calming breath to subdue her anger. “For Layla’s sake I’m going to believe you but I think it’s best if you go.”

“But.”

“If you don’t leave your probably going to say something to make it worse, and I’ll probably do something I’m going to regret.”

Richard nodded. This wasn’t how he wanted any of this to happen. “I think it’s best to resolve this when we’ve all had a chance to calm down.” Mr. Hamilton took one last look at his daughter and walked away.

When the man was gone it was just Sora and Layla alone in the room. The brunette wasn’t sure how to approach the blonde. Sora believed she was the source of the family feud. After what just transpired, she didn’t blame the other girl for not wanting to see her right now. “I’m sorry for hitting your dad.” Layla didn’t respond, she was too busy staring at the floor with tears silently falling from her eyes. If it wasn’t for those tiny drops of water, Sora wouldn’t have been able to tell if the other girl was even crying. “If you want me to leave then I will.”

Sora’s words brought Layla back to reality. She turned her tear stained face towards the brunette and let out a sad laugh. “That’s about the last thing I need right now.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Is there something wrong sir?” asked Macquarie as Mr. Hamilton got in the Limousine. She had met her boss’s father at the airport with the limo when he first arrived in Boston. As soon as he got in the car he ordered the driver to take them to the hospital as soon as possible. At first Macquarie thought Mr. Hamilton would press for details about Layla’s affair but to her surprise he was eerily quiet the whole way to the hospital. It was the same as when they left the place. Mr. Hamilton didn’t say two words but unlike last time he was clearly disturbed. Macquarie had no choice but to sit back and let the man brood. Curiosity was beginning to eat her up and she didn’t know how much more she could take.

“Can I ask you something Macquarie?” responded Richard who ignored the maid’s earlier question.

The woman was just glad to have the oppressive silence broken. “Of course, Sir.”

“You’ve always been with Layla since she was little, correct?”

“Yes.”

“Has she always been like that?”

This line of questioning was beginning to make Macquarie nervous. She was hopping to avoid this type of conversation. She knew the man her whole life and she figured he was the type to disapprove of such a thing. That was probably why she felt like a monster about telling Mr. Hamilton about Layla. “Like what Sir?” the maid figured it was best to dance around a subject that hit a little too close to home.

“How long has she felt that way about other women?” The man looked tired as he said this.

“Oh that.” Macquarie swallowed and decided to be honest about it. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen her have that kind of interest before.”

Mr. Hamilton nodded. “Good, so I’m not the only one who didn’t have a clue. I thought I was being a horrible father for not recognizing sooner.”

Macquarie watched the man zone out in deep thought. “Mr. Hamilton?”

Richard turned back to the maid. “Yes?”

“I don’t think Layla has ever showed any interest in anyone let alone another woman.” She didn’t know why she decided to talk about this to Layla’s father but she meant what she said. That was probably the reason that upset her the most about this whole thing. For as long as Macquarie had been with Layla, her mistress never showed any true attraction to anyone, male or female. It was her secret hope that one day she would be the person that Layla would fall in love with but her plans for the future didn’t happen quite like she wanted. It turns out that one devoted maid and dozens of high society suitors couldn’t compete on the same level with a spastic Japanese girl who didn’t know the meaning of can‘t. “Why did it have to be Sora?”

“I figured Layla was just being picky like always.” Mr. Hamilton drummed his fingers on the arm rest in frustration. “Why did it have to be Sora?”

“I wish I knew.” answered Macquarie quietly.

“Why couldn’t it have been Yuri or that young man from Broadway that she co-stared with. People told me they really had chemistry.”

“On stage maybe but off stage he was really snaky. Layla did everything in her power to keep from strangling him.” Macquarie let out a tiny laugh as she remembered some of their Broadway antics.

“That’s not my point. Why couldn’t it have been any normal young man. I never thought my own daughter would be a lesbian.”

A sour feeling settled in Macquarie’s stomach as she listened to Mr. Hamilton’s remarks. “It shocked me as well.”

Richard leaned back in the seat and let out a sigh. “You’ve spent most of this time with Layla so how do you feel about it this whole thing.”

The maid felt like she was suddenly taking a test she didn’t study for. “I disapprove of her choice if that’s what you mean.”

“No. I meant about her being a lesbian.”

Mr. Hamilton was staring directly at Macquarie and it made the sour feeling in her stomach turn into poison. “I think its wrong Sir. I don’t know what’s gotten into her.”

Satisfied by her answer, Mr. Hamilton turned and stared at the passing buildings as the car headed back to the airport. After the fight with his daughter he thought it was best to return to Hamilton Hotel headquarters.

Macquarie looked away from the man in shame. She might have felt like a monster for her actions thus far but after saying what she just did, Macquarie felt like a demon. “What am I doing?”

Two hours later

“I think its best to sever this nerve first.” said Dr. Everett as she pointed at the MRI scan of Layla’s shoulder. She was standing in a lab room with two other surgeons that were also operating on Layla.

The doctor on the right shook his head. “Are you sure we should?”

“We have to. That nerve is already dead and it’s going to be re-grown so it needs to be…” Dr. Everett paused in her answer as she yawned. “removed.”

“Why don’t you head out Miranda? If you pull another all-nighter your husband is going to kill you.” said the female doctor on the left.

Dr. Everett smiled. “I guess I better leave then.” Miranda looked at her watch and noticed it was about two hours since she left Layla’s room. “I should check up on the patient before I go.”

The female surgeon finished writing her notes and put them in the folder. “I can’t believe we are operating on the Layla Hamilton.”

“I take it you’re a fan of her movies then.” responded Miranda.

“Yuck…no. I’m not a big fan of her movies. I was talking about her career at Kaleido Stage. She was amazing to watch and the only person more awe inspiring was Sora Naegino.”

“You mean Mrs. Hamilton.” snickered Dr. Everett.

“Huh?” said both her colleagues, not getting the joke.

Miranda shook her head. “Forget it. So you’ve seen both Layla and her girlfriend on stage?”

“Wait a minute. Did you say girlfriend?”

“Yes” said the doctor as she nodded. “She is here with Layla and from what I’ve seen they are pretty intimate.”

“Wow, I didn’t know they were dating. It makes me appreciate the legendary maneuver even more. Looking back at it now, it all seems very romantic.”

Dr. Everett seemed surprised. “You saw the legendary maneuver?”

“Yes.” answered the female doctor.

The male doctor smiled and joined in on the conversation. “It was amazing.”

“You saw it too?” said Dr. Everett. After hearing so much about it, she wished she could have been there.

The male surgeon nodded but it was the female doctor that answered. “We both went.” The two doctors blushed at the memory and Miranda smiled. “My uncle owns a seafood restaurant in Cape Mary and he scored us tickets. I’m so glad he did. That was an event I wouldn’t have traded for anything.”

“I bet.” Dr. Everett sighed. “I should go check on the celebrities before it gets too late.” Miranda waved at her colleagues and headed to the door.

“Night Doctor.” “See you tomorrow.” said the two surgeons as Dr. Everett left the room.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The walk to the post ops wing was silent and uneventful. Dr. Everett was slightly nervous over the operation. It was the first time something like this was ever tried and it made her anxious. “Just do your best to give back this girl’s wings.” thought the woman with a smile.

Dr. Everett arrived at the room and she was surprised at the scene that met her eyes. Sora was resting comfortably against the bed’s headrest and she was intimately holding Layla in her arms. From all appearances, Layla was sound asleep. When the brunette noticed the doctor she took her hand away from stroking the blonde’s hair long enough to give the quiet sign with her finger. “Comfy?” whispered the doctor when she was close enough.

“Layla had a rough time.”

The doctor nodded and with professional ease she removed the IV from the blonde woman’s arm without disturbing the girls rest. “What happened?”

“Layla’s father showed up.”

“Was that a problem?”

Sora looked down at the exhausted woman in her lap. “She hadn’t told him about us yet. Needless to say it didn’t go smoothly.”

“Are you guys all right?” Dr. Everett asked, referring to the couple’s relationship.

The brunette gently slid out from under Layla and gently placed the girl’s head on the pillow. She walked towards the hallway where the doctor joined her. “I’ve never seen Layla that upset before.”

“I take it you guys are a relatively new couple.” Sora nodded in agreement. “Water under the bridge. Everything will workout you’ll see.”

“I believe it will.” said the brunette with firm confidence.

“Just a little advice, don’t let this distract Layla’s focus. She needs to be ready for the surgery and the healing afterwards, so I’m counting on you to cheer her up.”

Sora did a little mock salute. “You can count on me doc.”

“Good.” Dr. Everett wrote down some information on Layla’s medical binder and put it back on the holder. “It’s getting pretty late, why don’t you head out and get some sleep.”

“If it’s all right with you doctor I’d like to stay here, at least until she wakes up.”

It wasn’t exactly allowed but Dr. Everett could see Sora’s mind was troubled so she decided to cut her a break. “Sure, there are extra blankets and pillows in the cabinet.”

“Thank you doctor.”

“Take care.” said the Miranda as she called it a night and headed out.

Sora walked into the room and gently closed the door. She sat down in the one of the chairs and looked at Layla’s face. She could tell the girl was having an intense dream by the way the girl’s eyes moved under their lids. The brunette reached out and took the girls hands in her own. “Sorry if I caused you any trouble Layla but I promise I’ll make you happy no matter what.”

Two hours Prior

That’s about the last thing I need right now.”

Layla I…”

Don’t go there Sora. I won’t have you blaming yourself. I knew something like this might have happened but I didn’t know exactly how I would take it.” at this point Layla sniffled and did her best to compose herself. “I guess not very well huh.”

Sora was beside herself with guilt. “Do you think it would have been better if we never got involved?”

When Layla heard that she didn’t look sad anymore. Instead the woman had the same fire in her eyes that Sora had come to know so well. “Why would you say that, Sora?”

I only meant if you and I never got together, your dad wouldn’t have gone off like that. This probably won’t be the last time something like this happens and I don’t want to see you get hurt anymore.”

Layla gave the brunette an incredulous look. “Is that what love means to you? Do you only care for someone until it gets inconvenient?”

Of course not but…”

If that’s true then why were you ready to end this at the first sign of trouble? Does love mean that little to you?”

No!” yelled the brunette. If Layla was trying to fire Sora up, it worked. “When I said I love you, I meant it from the bottom of my heart.”

If that is true, how would you feel if we ended this right here, right now?”

Sora looked at the floor and clenched her fists. She took a breath before she answered straight from the heart. “It would hurt beyond the ability to put into words.”

Layla put her finger under Sora’s chin and lifted her face so she could look the brunette directly in the eyes. “Then how do you think it would make me feel?” Layla slid her hand up and gently caressed the smaller girl’s cheek. “When it comes to being hurt, ending what we have together would make the fight with my father pale in comparison.”

Then what is it you want from me?” whispered Sora.

I need you be the Sora that doesn’t know how to quit, the same woman who wouldn’t let anything get in the way of her heart.” Layla hoped Sora was getting her point. “I don’t need a partner who is indecisive Sora.”

I’m not indecisive about how I feel for you.” Sora understood what Layla was trying to do. Once again the other woman was giving her the resolve to reach for her dream. “I love you.”

Layla smiled for the first time since her father entered the room. “There you are.” said the blonde playfully.

Who?”

The girl I fell in love with.”

She said it.” A feeling of euphoria overtook Sora. “She really does love me.”

Layla noticed the brunette’s amazed expression and she realized she hadn’t given Sora’s feelings a clear answer yet. “In case you are still wondering, I love you Sora Nae…” Layla wasn’t allowed to finish as the other girl gave her a breath stealing kiss. It took her by surprise, but it was a very welcome surprise after the day she had.

Doubts, angst, and drama disappeared as they got lost in their kiss. Both girls cut this moment out of time and made it their own.

Present

Sora blushed fondly at the memory of their little make out session. It was different than any other time they kissed. “I guess knowing that you love each other changes everything.”

It would have lasted longer than it did but Layla pulled back and yawned. “Sorry.” said the blonde when she finished.

Am I that bad of a kisser?” joked Sora.

Quite the opposite actually. To be honest I am rather impressed.”

The comment made the brunette giddy. “Then you must be tired.”

Layla nodded. “The doctor said the meds would make me sleepy. I guess the adrenaline of the fight held off the drossiness until now.”

Of all the times.”

Layla smiled. “As a friend of mine is fond of saying, C’est la vie.”

Do you want me to leave?”

The blonde shook her head and turned around so Sora was holding her from behind. During their make out session, the smaller girl migrated to the bed where she held Layla lovingly the whole time. Now that the meds were kicking in, Layla didn’t want this new kind of comfort to end. “Would you mind if you just held me until I went to sleep?” asked the blonde with uncharacteristic shyness.

Baka. Of course not.” said Sora as she tightened her hold and leaned Layla into a comfortable position. The brunette considered this kind of intimacy just as exciting as the kissing. As the blonde drifted of to slumber, Sora enjoyed every feel and smell of the woman that was pressed against her. “Sweet dreams.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sora reached out and brushed an errant lock from Layla’s sleeping face. The woman’s beauty sometimes left her in awe. “You’re adorable.”

“I’d prefer sexy but adorable works.” said Layla as she cracked open her eyes.

The brunette eeped in surprise. “How long have you been awake?”

“Since feeling your touch on my hair.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.”

“It’s okay, I’m not used to having someone else in the room while I’m sleeping.”

“You did all right when you stayed with me.”

Layla smiled. “It took awhile before I fell asleep. Most of the time I pretended to be asleep so I could listen to you talk to yourself. I found it an amusing quirk.”

Sora looked over at Fool who was fast asleep on the unused heart monitor. “I was actually talking to Fool. Sorry I’m not as crazy as you thought I was.”

The blonde’s eyes roamed over to where Passion was sound asleep on a pile of gauze. “Talking to spirits…sounds pretty crazy to me.”

“I agree.”

I guess that makes you guys psychotic.” said Passion and Fool at the same time. In perfect synchronization, they rolled away from the talkative girls and attempted to go back to sleep.

Both girls giggled at the same time but neither knew what the other found so funny.

Layla was wondering why Sora was still here. “It’s two in the morning. You should go back to the hotel so you can get to sleep.”

Sora promptly yawned. “I think I’ll do just that.”

“Why did you stay here so late?”

“Did you have to ask?” The brunette gave a quick peck to Layla’s lips. “You fell asleep in my arms. Let’s just say I wasn’t in a hurry to go anywhere.”

The warmth once again returned to Layla’s chest. “So this is what being in love feels like.”

“I guess so.” Sora couldn’t believe how wonderful it all felt. “Everyday seems to get better and better.”

Layla smiled warmly. “I agree.”

“I guess its time to go. Sleep tight, don’t let the…”

“Auditors get you.” said Layla sadly.

“Huh?” Sora was pretty sure it was bed bugs not auditors, unless she missed something in English conversation school.

“It was something my father used to say.”

“Oh.” Sora looked away. “Your dad is a good man. I’m positive he’ll come around someday Layla. I know he loves you very much.”

“He has a funny way of showing it sometimes.” Layla sighed. “He wasn’t always like this. I miss the man who used to take me to aerobics training because he enjoyed watching me practice.”

“That’s was very fatherly of him.” responded Sora sympathetically.

“He used to do that kind of stuff all the time. I guess my mother’s death changed my father more than I ever realized.”

Sora remembered Dr. Everett’s earlier advice. “Don’t dwell to much, you have to keep you thoughts focused on the surgery.”

“I guess your right.” Layla finally noticed that her IV was missing from her arm. “The doctor already checked on me?”

“It wasn’t too long ago. Everything seemed to go smoothly.”

Layla nodded. “I hope the operation is successful.”

“I’m sure everything will turn out perfectly. I would have gotten Fool to read your fortune but that would have ended up depressing you.”

“I’m glad he’s not here then.”

Fool rolled over. “The hell I’m not. I can still read that fortune if you want.”

Sora backed up and covertly snatched Fool out of the air. “I better be going, Night Layla.”

“Sora?”

The brunette finally got the squirming Fool under control. “Yes?”

“I love you.”

Sora smiled. “I love you too.”

I like the sound of that.” thought both women as they parted ways.

Te be continued


Back to A Phoenix Reborn Index - Back to Kaleido Star Shoujo-Ai Fanfiction